So we aren't getting any new species?

Space_Gimp

I just came back from a 6 month vacation from this game. I've been searching a lot and haven't found anything of the topic. I'm guessing Cathar didn't go so well and we aren't getting any new playable species?

They stated that Cathar DID go well and there is a GO for new species, however it is a long drawn out process so not to expect it anytime soon.

So for your answer.....YES..... but dont hold your breath waiting.

I just came back from a 6 month vacation from this game. I've been searching a lot and haven't found anything of the topic. I'm guessing Cathar didn't go so well and we aren't getting any new playable species?

Why would you immediately assume the negative instead of finding out first?

It's clear the Cathar are popular, and as a previous poster said, the devs have stated that new species will appear sometime in the future. But if you are looking for a Wookiee, Trandoshan, Rodian or any other "beast species"... you're out of luck. We'll more likely get something like Zeltrons, Arkanians, Sephi or any other Human-like species.

I wouldn't expect one until next year, though.

It's clear the Cathar are popular, and as a previous poster said, the devs have stated that new species will appear sometime in the future. But if you are looking for a Wookiee, Trandoshan, Rodian or any other "beast species"... you're out of luck. We'll more likely get something like Zeltrons, Arkanians, Sephi or any other Human-like species.

Yeah I knew those ones were not happening.

Considering the number of Cathar I've seen lately, I'd say they're doing quite well.

(Totally unrelated; all but one of my characters are Cathar. Played one as a Sage from 1-20, decided I liked them enough to make my Sorceror and following alts the same. =3)

Pretty much, this.

Due to the romance arcs in game and such, beast species and species that aren't usually speaking basic are likely to never be seen for players.

It was quite a while back they said they had 3 possible species lined up. I would like to know if there has been any movement since this. Can we be told, has a species been selected, any update on time frame, other than its much harder than we originally said to add new species.

When the Torguta companion Ashara Zavros, among some other companions of NPC species, received a graphical update that gave her a full character model, I assumed the Togruta will be one of the next species they make available to players. Well, that was pretty simple to assume even considering how popular that species is (thanks to little Ahsoka). The two other species they've mentioned, I think, will be ones that already exist in the game in form of NPCs (so no Sephi, Arkanians and other near-humans mentioned in this thread). Personally, I think those will be Nautolans and Nikto.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.