[Petition] Please return Rakghoul and Chevin Events!!!!!

EnmaAii

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very cool event.

Some things will need to change though, mainly the bosses.

I really don't want more qq'ing surrounding an event because the one boss is in a PVP area. I'd rather it was instanced and new optional PVP content be implemented.

It would also need to be integrated with the rep system, and have new rewards. Originally one new quest appeared every day, and the reward was a new piece in the armor set. That doesn't really pair with the rep system well. Also, the rakghoul DNA mechanic gotta go. Most people just stood on fleet infecting each other and exploding, as it was the easiest way to get some of the rewards.

They should really include a legacy offhand as a reward as well. As for the mount, perhaps an infected dewback variation, or a bantha.

It was a very cool event.

Some things will need to change though, mainly the bosses.

I really don't want more qq'ing surrounding an event because the one boss is in a PVP area. I'd rather it was instanced and new optional PVP content be implemented.

It would also need to be integrated with the rep system, and have new rewards. Originally one new quest appeared every day, and the reward was a new piece in the armor set. That doesn't really pair with the rep system well. Also, the rakghoul DNA mechanic gotta go. Most people just stood on fleet infecting each other and exploding, as it was the easiest way to get some of the rewards.

They should really include a legacy offhand as a reward as well. As for the mount, perhaps an infected dewback variation, or a bantha.

The whole infection bit was the best part of the entire event. To this day it's the one thing about the event people talk about the most.

NO. Story has been closed. It would make no sense at all. It was one time event, deal with it.

Who cares if it makes sense? Alot of things don't make sense in this game. I never got to participate in either event because i couldn't even play this game until the beginning of this year because I finally got a decent rig. Good for you, you got to participate. Alot of people didn't.

A resurgence of the rakghoul plague doesn't even sound so far fetched anyway. They even hinted that it could come back later in one of those streams.

/signed.

Edited by Nickious

For as many people that liked the infection part of the event, twice as many hated it as they couldn't complete anything while the event was running.

I found it a fun diversion, yet I fully understand why others were so anoyed by it.

For as many people that liked the infection part of the event, twice as many hated it as they couldn't complete anything while the event was running.

I found it a fun diversion, yet I fully understand why others were so anoyed by it.

I'm one of those that hated it. I vote no in lieu of an opt out.

With the rakghoul and chevin event outfits tied to a meta achievement, you'd think the events would be back in some form or another. Or perhaps they are just going to toss those on a vendor hidden in a lava pool on Oricron... heh.

Yes, this. We all want to be Sharp Dressers :D

NO. Story has been closed. It would make no sense at all. It was one time event, deal with it.

And doing the same 6 Hard Modes over and over each week makes so much sense.

A lot of people never got to participate in these events when they came out and it would be nice to see them come back.

Twice as many people hated it is based on what exactly?

How did the events prevent you from doing anything?

They should definitely bring back some version of the Rakghoul event- the open world PvP on Tatooine during it was some of the most fun I've had in this game. A couple friends and I denying an imp ops group the title by continually ganking their attempts at the bantha boss in Outlaws on the last night of the event..... good times.

Dont bring back the SAME Rakghoul event, and dont make the Containment Officer title obtainable... I dont want more other people getting my elite title :rak_03:

I would be ok with that if they make them available, even if through collections, to those of us who earned them but have since changed servers for one reason or another.

The whole infection bit was the best part of the entire event. To this day it's the one thing about the event people talk about the most.

Lol, that part was hilarious. Or you get infected and shortly before you blow you cozy on up to the GTN and blow up on everyone there, or go up to the VIP area and swan dive off the top. Loved that part.

It was easy enough to get the vaccine and put it on you, he'll it lasted for what 7 hours or so.

I'd love to see at least the Rakghoul event return, but most of the rewards should be changed up (in name and color if not in actual model frame), so that those who participated in the "one-time event" version do still get to have their unique rewards - have the rewards be blue "Quarantine Officer" gear instead of the yellow "Containment Officer" gear, for example.

And I say this as someone who only got the boots from Rak event and nothing at all from the Chevin.

Story-wise, its not a big deal to me, we've killed the same FP bosses dozens of times, the same Kingpins I killed last month are available to capture or kill today, both the Republic and the Empire have taken down Boris Ulgo on Alderaan, etc., etc. etc.

If they want to add something in to say that salvage crews on the Stardream accidentally opened a plague container or got bitten by an infected womp-rat, more power to them, but I don't think its even necessary.

/signed

The Rakghoul event was the Best event we have ever had I wish they would have it come back every Halloween. everything about the event was awesome.

The cheven event had to be the shortest event they had so far, I thought it was fun just way way way too short. I figured that they would have them come back.

Since this game has no real holidays, those events should take place at / during the holidays. I will never understand why they would create fun events and spend money making something that will never return? the PAYING customers love these things.

It is doubtful the devs will even read this thread or reply to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.