'Jedi' title for Knights

TechbotAlpha

'Knight of the Republic' is long winded and kind of daft, compared to the nice simple 'Jedi'.

Sith get Darth and Lord irrespective of being Inquis or Warrior, so...what's with the discrepancy, huh? Other than the usual 'You can't be bothered', which is what I'm honestly expecting...

It's because in beta people complained about there being different titles for light side vs. dark side... for example, in beta a Light Knight got Master at the end of the game, whereas a Dark Knight got General instead (because in the dialogue Satele directly says you are a dark side, you will not be promoted but then the Republic reminds you that you are still the General of the Jedi Forces) however people whined "Waaaaaaaah I shoudln't be punished for being dark side!!!" and so they removed the General title and all Jedi Knights get the Master title, regardless of what Satele Shan says in the dialogue

Another example is that in beta Sith Warriors got the title of Emperor's Wrath they did NOT get Darth as technically they aren't... however again "Waaaaaaah I want Darth!!!" and so now they get Darth.

So, it's not that they can't be bothered, it's because the whiners got what they want, as you should always expect.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

It's because in beta people complained about there being different titles for light side vs. dark side... for example, in beta a Light Knight got Master at the end of the game, whereas a Dark Knight got General instead (because in the dialogue Satele directly says you are a dark side, you will not be promoted but then the Republic reminds you that you are still the General of the Jedi Forces) however people whined "Waaaaaaaah I shoudln't be punished for being dark side!!!" and so they removed the General title and all Jedi Knights get the Master title, regardless of what Satele Shan says in the dialogue

Another example is that in beta Sith Warriors got the title of Emperor's Wrath they did NOT get Darth as technically they aren't... however again "Waaaaaaah I want Darth!!!" and so now they get Darth.

So, it's not that they can't be bothered, it's because the whiners got what they want, as you should always expect.

Interesting bit of history...

But it still doesn't explain why Sith get both title options while Jedi are locked into one or the other. Which is what I, for one, would like to see; equality for all of them.

Classes are supposed to have an equal amount of story titles. Sith Inquisitor gets force walker so it misses out on the basic acolyte title that the Warrior gets at the start of the game. Likewise, the Jedi Knight gets the Knight of the Republic title, so it misses out on the basic Jedi title that the Consular gets. If the developers were to give you the Jedi title, they would have to take a title away from you. A lot of people may miss their Knight title, and you still wouldn't have a solution that makes everyone happy.

Classes are supposed to have an equal amount of story titles. Sith Inquisitor gets force walker so it misses out on the basic acolyte title that the Warrior gets at the start of the game. Likewise, the Jedi Knight gets the Knight of the Republic title, so it misses out on the basic Jedi title that the Consular gets. If the developers were to give you the Jedi title, they would have to take a title away from you. A lot of people may miss their Knight title, and you still wouldn't have a solution that makes everyone happy.

So should I not point out that Bounty Hunters get 1 more title than other classes?

Also, when and where do Inquisitors get "Force Walker" as I'm 99% sure I've never seen that title on my assassin. And, inquisitors get "Apprentice" instead of "Acolyte" as that's what Zash calls them. Baras says Acolyte.

Oh and I miss the General title I had in beta. So I'm not happy. The solution would be to give us all the titles we had in beta and let us choose which one we want.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

So should I not point out that Bounty Hunters get 1 more title than other classes?

Also, when and where do Inquisitors get "Force Walker" as I'm 99% sure I've never seen that title on my assassin. And, inquisitors get "Apprentice" instead of "Acolyte" as that's what Zash calls them. Baras says Acolyte.

Oh and I miss the General title I had in beta. So I'm not happy. The solution would be to give us all the titles we had in beta and let us choose which one we want.

I forget when exactly, but pretty sure you get it on or at the conclusion of Voss.

I forget when exactly, but pretty sure you get it on or at the conclusion of Voss.

Ah ok yeah that would make sense... forgot to check when Harbinger came back up though. Either way, they really should give us back the titles they removed in beta. Dont' take any away, but give them to us. Like recently we got Paladin of House Organa which was removed at launch. I remember specifically making sure I got it on my Jedi Knight and being very disappointed that I didn't. But, about a month ago... bam it was just there in my titles.

Uh...he doesn't actually. He calls you apprentice. I'm currently running a warrior at 25 and an Inquis at 18, so I should know. BOTH Inquis and Warrior get 'Acolyte' AND 'Apprentice' as titles. Which only cements my point that, when it comes to key titles for force users, the Dark side has equality for both while the Light side, ironically, doesn't...

You gain the title Force Walker after learning how to Force Walk. Start of Ch 2

I'd like to see the jedi knight title added for both jedi classes.

Jedi only need three titles anyways: padawan, jedi knight and jedi master.

Anything else is just silly crap they added through various games.

No, it's not "silly crap" it all has a reason in the story why they were granted the title. If you choose not to use it, fine but please for the love of all that's holy don't even imply that they should remove any more titles than they already have.

Uh...he doesn't actually. He calls you apprentice. I'm currently running a warrior at 25 and an Inquis at 18, so I should know. BOTH Inquis and Warrior get 'Acolyte' AND 'Apprentice' as titles. Which only cements my point that, when it comes to key titles for force users, the Dark side has equality for both while the Light side, ironically, doesn't...

Unless they've added a new title since I played the Sith storylines, Inquisitors don't get the 'Acolyte' title, they go straight to 'Apprentice', while Warriors get both.

Unless they've added a new title since I played the Sith storylines, Inquisitors don't get the 'Acolyte' title, they go straight to 'Apprentice', while Warriors get both.

Ah, I'll have to check on my inquisitor and warrior then. It is a bit odd that warriors would get both but inquisitors would only get one... I mean I guess the STORY reasons are there... The warrior is called Acolyte before he actually becomes an apprentice, whereas the Inquisitor is just 'slave' so if anything they should get the title of "Slave" but that would just be dumb.

Except that they are Knights of the Republic. During this time period that is a very important distinction.

I think "of the Republic" is pretty much a given and just assumed. It's kind of like saying "The Pope......of the Catholic Church", pretty much anyone with half a brain would know that he is associated with the Catholic Church and since JK's which are only playable on Pub side and are the only ones given the Knight title it's safe to say that if the title was shortened to just "Knight" pretty much anyone with half a brain would be able to figure out the rest.

I think "of the Republic" is pretty much a given and just assumed. It's kind of like saying "The Pope......of the Catholic Church", pretty much anyone with half a brain would know that he is associated with the Catholic Church and since JK's which are only playable on Pub side and are the only ones given the Knight title it's safe to say that if the title was shortened to just "Knight" pretty much anyone with half a brain would be able to figure out the rest.

This. Also, frankly, it'd just be nice to have a short, to-the-point title without having a large mouthful like 'Knight of the Republic' strapped to the back of your name.

In my case 'Jedi Kal-idris' sounds better than 'Kal-idris, Knight of the Republic'. It's just a preference, one that Sith can cater to and yet Jedi can not. Seems stupid to me.

don't both jedi classes get the "Master" title?.. I've only rolled my sent to 50 so not sure on consular. Either way, your a rep toon running around with 1 or 2 glow sticks of doom.. pretty sure ppl are gonna know your a jedi :rolleyes:

Yeah they do, but the OP is talking about the title/s you get prior to that.

don't both jedi classes get the "Master" title?.. I've only rolled my sent to 50 so not sure on consular. Either way, your a rep toon running around with 1 or 2 glow sticks of doom.. pretty sure ppl are gonna know your a jedi :rolleyes:

Yep, which DOES make sense both are Masters (well, the Dark Jedi Knight is explicitly told by Satele Shan you are NOT a Master, yet you get the title anyway... thanks to the whiners in beta saying "But I shouldn't be punished for being dark side!")

And yeah the "Jedi" title heck I didn't even know Consulars got it cause I'd not use it... Padawan? ok sure at low levels. Master on my dark jedi? Heck no. She's NOT a Master Jedi.. GIVE ME MY GENERAL TITLE, BIOWARE!!!!!

when bounty hunters get mandalore, you will get your title back...

Really? Bounty Hunters shouldn't get "Mandalore" because they never become Mandalore. If you mean a title of "the Mandalorian" that's different... but what you said they shouldn't.

Please, follow Whedon's Law and don't troll this thread.

Ah ok yeah that would make sense... forgot to check when Harbinger came back up though. Either way, they really should give us back the titles they removed in beta. Dont' take any away, but give them to us. Like recently we got Paladin of House Organa which was removed at launch. I remember specifically making sure I got it on my Jedi Knight and being very disappointed that I didn't. But, about a month ago... bam it was just there in my titles.

FYI...You get that title even if you are pure darkside and he never once mentions that you are now a paladin of the house. Makes it kinda blah really...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.