The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2 New Armor Customizers

waterboytkd

This suggestion stems from the fact that there are a couple of pieces of armor that I really like, but they have the disadvantage of being medium armors, so only certain characters can wear them, and one of them is discontinued, so I cannot get any more copies of it (it was a Tionese chest piece), which means on any and all newer toons I roll up.

So I was thinking: what would Bioware consider that would serve me (because that's what's most important, right? me? :p) and be enough of a money maker? And I came up with two new items you could buy out of the cartel market: Armor Modification - Weight and Armor Modification - Binding.

Armor Modification - Weight: this would be an item you would buy from the CM and add to an item to change it from its current weight class (light, med, heavy) to Adaptive. Implementation could be a new button on the crafting station UI that consumes the modification out of the inventory to affect the currently selected item.

Armor Modification - Binding: this would be functionally the same as the Weight modification--you buy it from the CM and apply it to an armor piece through the crafting station. It would change a piece of armor from Bound to Character to Bound to Legacy.

Both of these would make me extremely happy, and I'd pay money for it. Please consider it, Bioware! :D

Weight class: no

Bind change from character to legacy: yes

Rider: Dye ability for iconic items: I'll pay, per set in the collectors window, to be able to dye iconic items.

On the dye thing: absolutely. It's dye. Why on earth can't you apply it to "lore" armor sets? Turns out, I could tie-dye the Shroud of Turin, so why can't I dye Mira's Jacket red?

As for the negative vote on weight class: why not? By making it adaptive, it's not like someone could game the system and get heavy armor ratings on their light and medium armor toons. If it's an aesthetics thing, we can already get heavy-looking adaptive armor, so it's not like it would be the first "breach" in appearance.

I don't agree with making everything adaptive (or giving everything the potential for being adaptive). I'm assuming set armors are out anyway, but more than that it's nice to have some armors (like Vendetta or Hydra) specific to certain classes as a 'perk' those classes have.

I don't agree with making everything adaptive (or giving everything the potential for being adaptive). I'm assuming set armors are out anyway, but more than that it's nice to have some armors (like Vendetta or Hydra) specific to certain classes as a 'perk' those classes have.

A lot of armors are class specific...but they could be adaptive and still class specific.

For instance...I wear the Apiring Knight's Vest on my Guardian, because I think it's the best looking chest piece in the game.

It's class specific to Jedi Knights (and smuggler?)

However, it's Medium armor...so I lose out on some armor rating for my Guardian.

You can keep the armor class specific while also making it adaptive.

A lot of armors are class specific...but they could be adaptive and still class specific.

For instance...I wear the Apiring Knight's Vest on my Guardian, because I think it's the best looking chest piece in the game.

It's class specific to Jedi Knights (and smuggler?)

However, it's Medium armor...so I lose out on some armor rating for my Guardian.

You can keep the armor class specific while also making it adaptive.

Well that only works out for base classes that have different armor types (which the knight/warrior are the only kind). Sounds like that already basically exists, from what you're saying.

On the dye thing: absolutely. It's dye. Why on earth can't you apply it to "lore" armor sets? Turns out, I could tie-dye the Shroud of Turin, so why can't I dye Mira's Jacket red?

As for the negative vote on weight class: why not? By making it adaptive, it's not like someone could game the system and get heavy armor ratings on their light and medium armor toons. If it's an aesthetics thing, we can already get heavy-looking adaptive armor, so it's not like it would be the first "breach" in appearance.

There are certain looks that should be exclusive to each weight class. Certain light armor should LOOK like it's lightweight. I mean I can use any of the myriad of dancer's outfits, slot it with some artifact mods and pop it on a Trooper or Bounty Hunter, and voila! It's heavy armor. Well some things just need to stay light, or medium, or heavy. Something just need to be left as they are. As a Consular I can buy the Trooper gear and run around in it. It removes some of the fun of the game. Jedi aren't supposed to look like walking tanks, speed running into combat with a double-bladed lightsaber.