back from a long break: Treek

RevenDark

Ok so back from a long break and i decided to start fresh on a server i have no characters on. and now there is this new companion called Treek. now without spending 2100 CCs how do i get her and how do i open her to all characters on my acct and can i do it to all servers?

You get her for 1 million credits in the cartel bazaar on the fleet (mercenary contract is the item you are looking for). To open her then for the whole legacy costs 700 cartel coins.

so 700 CCs to unlock treek on all characters but only ones on that server or is that all servers?

and if its only this server that a bummer going to take me a while to get to a mil with only 1 brand new character

so 700 CCs to unlock treek on all characters but only ones on that server or is that all servers?

and if its only this server that a bummer going to take me a while to get to a mil with only 1 brand new character

It unlocks her for collections, and collections are account based. So in short it will unlock her for characters on other servers. Hope that answers your question.

lol i think i screwed it up bought the contract and then used it before making it part of my collection. wow thats a pain in the *** i might have to buy it a second time to make it part of the collection

Relax, don't worry. You have to use it, talk with the droid and get your Treek. Then change to another character look into your collection and buy it from there!

Edited by Drudenfusz

hmmm ok did that got the treek spoke to her, then switched to a new character and looked for her in my collection. I tried to click the transfer copy and of course its not there. then i clicked the open cartel market and it says 2100 CCs. I'm missing something but for the life of me i can't see what I'm missing

Relax, don't worry. You have to use it, talk with the droid and get your Treek. Then change to another character look into your collection and buy it from there!

It's possible that you may have to restart the game (not just relog) after getting your first Treek to get the unlock to show correctly in collections, that's what happened when I got her.

It's possible that you may have to restart the game (not just relog) after getting your first Treek to get the unlock to show correctly in collections, that's what happened when I got her.

ahhh ok well with DT being now and being 2 hours long I'll probable have to do it tomorrow since it'll be 10pm at least before its back up

I don't understand why cm contet isn't free for subs. They just develop stuff you have to pay for now even as a subscriber. What a shameless cashgrab this game has become to is quiet ridiculous. Edited by Ricul

I don't understand why cm contet isn't free for subs. They just develop stuff you have to pay for now even as a subscriber. What a shameless cashgrab this game has become to is quiet ridiculous.

It's all purely cosmetic you don't NEED any of the stuff on the Cartel Market, It's not like any of the stuff in the CM is going to improve your skills at endgame.

I don't understand why cm contet isn't free for subs. They just develop stuff you have to pay for now even as a subscriber. What a shameless cashgrab this game has become to is quiet ridiculous.

You get free cartel coins as a subscriber, so the 700 to get treek legacy wide aren't that much. The million and legacy level 40 is also what most subscribers should easily have at hand.

It's all purely cosmetic you don't NEED any of the stuff on the Cartel Market, It's not like any of the stuff in the CM is going to improve your skills at endgame.

The time they put in developing more cashcrap should be invested in creating actual content. I don't even know what advantage i have as a sub besides some cosmetic crap i'm not interested in. Although if they put an item in the cm to instakill the millions of annoying trashmobs i'd buy it.

The time they put in developing more cashcrap should be invested in creating actual content. I don't even know what advantage i have as a sub besides some cosmetic crap i'm not interested in. Although if they put an item in the cm to instakill the millions of annoying trashmobs i'd buy it.

Let's not start this again. They have stated over and over that the team working on items for the CM is FAR smaller than the teams working on actual content and bugs. Gear and items take very little time to create versus new Ops and other content with mechanics that need testing and balancing, etc.

Let's not start this again. They have stated over and over that the team working on items for the CM is FAR smaller than the teams working on actual content and bugs. Gear and items take very little time to create versus new Ops and other content with mechanics that need testing and balancing, etc.

You are confusing things it would seem.

The content we've been getting has been on the works for over a year now(!!!), if you payed attention to the leaks that came around in early 2012. Actual BRAND NEW content, completely unrelated with said leaks, is nowhere to be seen, at least when it comes to PVE, which includes operations.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The time they put in developing more cashcrap should be invested in creating actual content.

How many times do these things need to be said:

The team that creates CM items is completely separate from the content team. CM items are mostly modeling and texture work. In creating new content, modeling and textures are just a tiny part of the work to be done. Adding more artists to the content team won't make new content show up any faster. Imagine building a house. Imagine how much faster the house could be built if you had four times as many people who knew how to install shingles. Yeah, its sorta like that.

The team that creates CM items is much, much smaller than the teams that create content an engine updates. Even if every CM artist was put to work on new content, they wouldn't have much impact. More importantly, it's not as if Bioware is shelling out more cash in salaries for the CM team than the other teams.

The profit made by the CM team helps fund the content team. If the CM stopped making money, there would be less money for all aspects of game development. The CM artists would likely simply be transferred to some other game. The content teams would have no extra manpower and a tighter budget to work with. Was that your hope?

You are confusing things it would seem.

The content we've been getting has been on the works for over a year now(!!!), if you payed attention to the leaks that came around in early 2012. Actual BRAND NEW content, completely unrelated with said leaks, is nowhere to be seen, at least when it comes to PVE, which includes operations.

Just because they're still releasing content that has been in the works for a while now doesn't mean there's not more stuff going on behind the scenes that just hasn't been leaked.

This kind of just proves my point that this sort of content takes a long time to produce. So, a year from now, we'll see stuff that is in early development stages right now.

Just because it was leaked a year ago, doesn't mean it's "old" content. It's still going to be new content at the time it makes it to the live server.

For the record I will just point out again that the subject of the thread, Treek, is obtainable purely within the game. You do not have to buy her initial contract or the collection unlock in the CM.

Initial contract - legacy 40 and 1 million credits or 2100 CC or GTN if someone is selling it (check which version before you buy)

Then you can either pay 700 CC to unlock her via collections or you can pay 300k credits per character that wants her. (also requires legacy level 40)

I already had legacy 50 and plenty of credits when she came out, so I paid the 1 million for her contract. Since I am a sub I get a monthy stipend of CC, so I spent some of that for the collection option as I have a lot of alts who could potentially claim her. For me this was the best option, YMMV.

For the record I will just point out again that the subject of the thread, Treek, is obtainable purely within the game. You do not have to buy her initial contract or the collection unlock in the CM.

Initial contract - legacy 40 and 1 million credits or 2100 CC or GTN if someone is selling it (check which version before you buy)

I'm pretty sure the legacy version is BoP (or at least BtL).