Forum user of the month.

Sir-Coffee

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iwipe is the only user on the list that has been 100% helpful and hasn't gotten embroiled in some personal forum vendetta at one point or another.

As a matter of fact, let's choose iwipe for every subsequent month after this one as well.

dulfy ftw!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My subscription ends in 2-3 weeks so let's get our September forum user of the month.

Please place your votes for the September forum user of the month. Votes close 10/10/13.

For the next forum user of the month, I am going to vote for OwenBrooks.

No votes for me? :o

I am surprised. I thought bringing optimism and positives along with rational thinking while being logical is what people like. Well that's ok. :p Would be nice to be recognized for doing so. But I don't NEED recognition. Just as long as the forums are a happier place :)

You have to argue with people to be noticed, general helpfulness or positivity will get you no where :cool:

Not that it matters just be helpful to be helpful

The greek world mean love for wisdom, both is not inherent about thinking, sure the old greeks thought rationality is a great think... and still they failed in so many aspects, because they never looked if it is actually true with what their mind comes up. And even back then there we plenty of different movements and schools of thought. I prefer socrates with his questions and so do many others. This question of pretty much everything is the base on which science builds and plenty of other things. Philosophy is also not about trusting blind with what our brain comes up today (Decartes and Kant did great works about that), but to question even our own logic at times. So, don't try to teach me about philosophy... or maybe go ahead and try, maybe it will spark an idea that leads me somewhere, even though I doubt that you really can pul that of with your always negative mentality, I am surprised that you seem to find some value in posting here at all.

Just a bit of information here.

The person that you are responding to has no clue as to what philosophy is, how it functions, or what thought process goes into it. I would suggest that he has no formal education in said discipline, but just pulled a random idea from the internet in order to bolster his rather nit-picky, adolescent blurting in this thread.....which is proceeded by self aggrandizing to the point of initiating false rationale as to the assumption that anyone else in this thread cares at all about his opinion of the thread to any extent up to, or beyond acknowledgement or debate regarding the disruptive nature (trolling) of his contention.

I would suggest that he will not cease in this endeavor, but perhaps a reporting of his disruption to this thread, en-mass, might lend some motivation into the acceptance of his condition.....which is, of course, always the first and most difficult step. ;p

Edited by Blackardin

I second this vote.

I like Hyfy, Andryah, and tend to enjoy posts by Galactickegger (who, again, uses a great deal of logic and reason) in his posts, with very little intimidation tactics.

going to have to lend a vote to Andryah this time around. Though I do not always agree with her, she is tireless in her participation, and I do not think I've ever heard her insult in order to get her point across, even though she is the target of such quite often.

I like Hyfy, Andryah, and tend to enjoy posts by Galactickegger (who, again, uses a great deal of logic and reason) in his posts, with very little intimidation tactics.

going to have to lend a vote to Andryah this time around. Though I do not always agree with her, she is tireless in her participation, and I do not think I've ever heard her insult in order to get her point across, even though she is the target of such quite often.

Honestly, I was considering voting for Andryah as well, as you said, she posts frequently, and while she does occasionally seem to be trolling, I can see the logic behind those posts. That said, I figured someone else would vote for her this time around, and wanted to give Hyfy a shot at being voted FUotM.

Hi Giahs,

Just dropping in to announce the winner of this months "FORUM USER OF THE MONTH" contest.

After much deliberation and vote counting, myself and the Council for the betterment of the Internets wold like to present me, spatology, with the award.

It was a difficult and arduous process selecting this months winner and we thank you for all the voting.

Congratulations me on winning the contest.

/thread