Forum user of the month.

Sir-Coffee

I'm not here for philosophy. I'm here to let the OP know he's started a really stupid topic, and derailed any credibility his thread might have had by nominating THE troll.

To be fair, SirMarty is kinda funny sometimes. His posts are so over-the-top, they cannot, IMO, be classified as "trolling." But YMMV. And I certainly don't find SirMarty's posts so funny that I could take seriously any nomination of him to be "poster of the month" as anything but at best a joke and at worst trolling.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not here for philosophy.

You don't have to, I am here for that, question Op, question you, question SirCopperfield, and of course also question what the devs from BioWare are doing. Just like a philosopher should do (in my humble opinion), always question everything, never content with any answer that is given.

So What you're really looking for then is a brainwashed individual that will accept anything any higher authority says and does without questioning their methods or decisions. Someone who doesn't fight back when they are being mistreated. Someone who is passive and enjoys being ignored by a greedy studio. Got it,

You don't have to, I am here for that, question Op, question you, question SirCopperfield, and of course also question what the devs from BioWare are doing. Just like a philosopher should do (in my humble opinion), always question everything, never content with any answer that is given.

Philosophy is generally understood to rely solely on rational thought processes, so you clearly have some work to do.

Philosophy is generally understood to rely solely on rational thought processes, so you clearly have some work to do.

The greek world mean love for wisdom, both is not inherent about thinking, sure the old greeks thought rationality is a great think... and still they failed in so many aspects, because they never looked if it is actually true with what their mind comes up. And even back then there we plenty of different movements and schools of thought. I prefer socrates with his questions and so do many others. This question of pretty much everything is the base on which science builds and plenty of other things. Philosophy is also not about trusting blind with what our brain comes up today (Decartes and Kant did great works about that), but to question even our own logic at times. So, don't try to teach me about philosophy... or maybe go ahead and try, maybe it will spark an idea that leads me somewhere, even though I doubt that you really can pul that of with your always negative mentality, I am surprised that you seem to find some value in posting here at all.

Updated the OP, as for all of the Sir Copperfield votes....

I am a supporter of Sir Copperfield but he isn't forum user of the month material :p

You can check my history and that should be proof enough that I am not biased against Sir Copperfield. The problem is that he violates rule #2 : Proactive on the forums.

It is with great regret that I remove Sir Copperfield from *This* Forum user of the month event. He is eligible for the next one if he decides to become proactive on the forums(Being active in-game doesn't count).

Edited by SithEBM

I am a supporter of Sir Copperfield but he isn't forum user of the month material :p

You can check my history and that should be proof enough that I am not biased against Sir Copperfield. The problem is that he violates rule #2 : Proactive on the forums.

It is with great regret that I remove Sir Copperfield from *This* Forum user of the month event. He is eligible for the next one if he decides to become proactive on the forums(Being active in-game doesn't count).

Ahh. So the truth comes out. It's not who the community thinks is best, it's who YOU think is best. Why don't you just anoint Andryah your goddess and get it over with?

The greek world mean love for wisdom, both is not inherent about thinking, sure the old greeks thought rationality is a great think... and still they failed in so many aspects, because they never looked if it is actually true with what their mind comes up. And even back then there we plenty of different movements and schools of thought. I prefer socrates with his questions and so do many others. This question of pretty much everything is the base on which science builds and plenty of other things. Philosophy is also not about trusting blind with what our brain comes up today (Decartes and Kant did great works about that), but to question even our own logic at times. So, don't try to teach me about philosophy... or maybe go ahead and try, maybe it will spark an idea that leads me somewhere, even though I doubt that you really can pul that of with your always negative mentality, I am surprised that you seem to find some value in posting here at all.

tl;dr. Not just too long, but the first line made no coherent sense, so I stopped even trying to read it.

Edited by Jimvinny

Ahh. So the truth comes out. It's not who the community thinks is best, it's who YOU think is best. Why don't you just anoint Andryah your goddess and get it over with?

Sir Copperfield and I are "cool" with each other in game and on the forums. If I were to make a thread that stated "Posts of the month", then he would apply :)

My goddess needs to give me permission to do that otherwise she will punish me.

This vote is starting to look less clean than an election in a small third world dictatorship. You can't airbrush out a gaming legend that easily though.

This vote is starting to look less clean than an election in a small third world dictatorship. You can't airbrush out a gaming legend that easily though.

This thread is meant to give people that help each other out on the forums on a daily bases the recognition they so richly deserve.

I'm not sure if Sir Copperfield considers me a friend on PoT5, but he and I are "cool" with each other.

He is a gaming legend. You reinstate him NOW.

He is a gaming legend. You reinstate him NOW.

I am sincerely sorry that he isn't that active on the forums. I thoroughly enjoy his posts which contribute to the community however there are people on here who go out of their way to make sure that people get the help that they need.

Unless I am able to post tomorrow, this will be my last post until the end of September.

If nobody happens to vote after this point, the winner will be dulfy. I encourage everybody on the forums to stay active and if there is someone that you believe is doing a great job(Whether it be on the class forums, CS forums) just send in your vote.

Even though the OP will not be updated, I will tally the votes in 3-4 weeks.

*Edit*

The votes so far:

TUXs - 3

SithEBM - 1(Please don't vote for me)

OwenBrooks - 3

Beniboybling - 1

Darth Moonshadow - 1 (Speaking of which, are the developers allowed to vote? Let me know if you want to see that)

Kitru - 1

Iwipe - 4

LordArtemis - 1

Andryah - 2

Ayelinna - 1

Edited by SithEBM

I am sincerely sorry that he isn't that active on the forums. I thoroughly enjoy his posts which contribute to the community however there are people on here who go out of their way to make sure that people get the help that they need.

I think you need to check this dictatorship at the door, son.

Copperfield is THE forum user. He invented forums practically.

Edited by Arkerus

I think you need to check this dictatorship at the door, son.

Copperfield is THE forum user. He invented forums practically.

Okay, this will be my last post. If we based this off the lifespan of SWTOR, I would have also considered Pistols.

I apologize for this sad occasion and I will apologize to Sir Copperfield on PoT5 right now.

Please keep voting!

Unless I am able to post tomorrow, this will be my last post until the end of September.

Gerrymandering, vote rigging, censorship .... and now the Information Minister for Andryah's puppet regime goes into hiding. Do the Gaming Legend's tentacles run deeper than we ever knew?

Gerrymandering, vote rigging, censorship .... and now the Information Minister for Andryah's puppet regime goes into hiding. Do the Gaming Legend's tentacles run deeper than we ever knew?

I was knighted by Sir Marty and Sir Copperfield. Sir Copperfield told me that I was in the "Inner Circle". :)

Well anyway, Sir Copperfield is not online atm. I will apologize to him tomorrow if I see him on Republic Fleet.

I will keep tallying up the votes until I go to sleep(Which is going to be very soon because I have classes in the morning).

You're correct when you say that it is possible to cheat, although I certainly hope that nobody would stoop that low. When everybody casts their votes, I will be sure to do a background check on those people. :)

If you were referring to me cheating, then you're wrong because I just want to have a fun event that gives forum users the recognition they deserve.

I will take your word for it then EBM :) Please be respectful and remember not to sniff TOO many of your farts now ;):p

Edited by Basreia

I think this is a pointless popularity contest, especially given some of the names on the nomination list. Two of them are on my ignore list lol.

I suppose if I have to pick someone who I've found to be helpful, and useful and a pleasure to have on the forum, I would say iWipe/Dulfy, as I've used their resources countless times, to keep appraised of the new things in game.

I like how Dulfy gives information and keeps us in the know, without the condescension and arrogance, some other 'superior' posters have.

To Dulfy, I say thank you for all the help and information, even if they aren't chosen in this little contest.