Kaggath Tournament - Droid Supremacy vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

Warren HK didn't do no such thing, all the Great Droid Revolution was, was a bunch of droids on Courscant formed by HK-01 only to get defeated. There was no galactic wide war or anything, it ended in the same year that it was made.

Edit: Wait hang on, see there is conflicting information. While on his bio page it says such, under where it has his army and the Great Droid Revolution page, there is no mention of anything galactic wide, so that should be changed on his profile if two other pages are saying the exact opposite of what it says on his profile.

The "Great Droid Revolution" was the name given to the conflict on Coruscant. But HK-01's influence and impact reached a much larger galactic scale. They're not saying the opposite, the statements are complementary.

For example, the Cold War refers to the conflict between the U.S. and Russia, but a lot more conflict was happening during that time than just between those two countries. The name only refers to one part of the picture.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Great Droid Revolution" was the name given to the conflict on Coruscant. But HK-01's influence and impact reached a much larger galactic scale. They're not saying the opposite, the statements are complementary.

For example, the Cold War refers to the conflict between the U.S. and Russia, but a lot more conflict was happening during that time than just between those two countries. The name only refers to one part of the picture.

Ionize was a common Power in the Jedi Civil war, would it not be common in the Resurgent sith? If so, that helps them a lot with the droids.

Don't think I'll hold this against you, with my loss here I'll be backing you in the next round as well as I can, only reason I'd go against you is for the Same reason you did here, Because I wouldn't have wanted to face you....

Reposting this because I feel a bit betrayed. :p

Edited by Warren-Stride

Reposting this because I feel a bit betrayed. :p

I sort of realise Marcelo doesn't have as much time as the rest of us.

And I feel sorry for him, I know how it feels to be hopelessly outnumbered in an argument :rolleyes:

What was that about Betrayal warren? :p:p:p

America has everything to do with this. We're not talking Star Wars, we're talking Basic Human Psychology.

No, criminals and the like wouldn't want to work for the Sith. But I never said that. I just said that most of the slaves, the ones who're so Mindless due to being born into slavery would be working in the Important parts of the Brotherhood, not the captured ones with too much spirit and the knowledge of how to hold a blaster.

In fact, your quote solidifies my statement. Slaves who think they could be elevated to a position of power above the rest of them, whilst still being told what to do and ordered around would be happy working away with the hopes of that promotion.

Besides, the Sith are the most terrifying and Powerful people in the Galaxy. Fear of the Sith would keep the slaves in check, if the promise of power, or the fear of freedom didn't.

Yes, there will certainly be a class of super-loyal bred for obedience slaves that handle the most critical of tasks carried out by the Bortherhood yes. I agree.

But we aren't talking about them at all. Not in the slightest we're looking at the opposite end of the spectrum. We are looking at the criminals and such who make up the majority of the work force. Those are the ones who will riot across entire planets en'mass and destroy entire cities. Those are the successful terrorists and a ready-made army sitting in the hub of the enemy. Supply them and that is the issue we see.

The wording of it though seems to suggest that HK-01 just reprogrammed a few droids across the galaxy, not that he didn't gather up some droids on Courscant and make the revolution there. Somemore information should be put to clear that.

The wording of it though seems to suggest that HK-01 just reprogrammed a few droids across the galaxy, not that he didn't gather up some droids on Courscant and make the revolution there. Somemore information should be put to clear that.

A few droids wouldn't be able to subjugate entire worlds and cause the Republic to spend years rebuilding.

This quote seems to imply the impact was very large.

After the rogue assassin droid HK-01 was finally captured, the Republic spent many years recovering from the attacks. Droid designers and manufacturers then turned to weapons developers to work on ion weapons that would short-circuit a droid's electronic systems.

Hey, I outright told you from the start! You backstabbed me! :p

I was looking through some old Kaggaths earlier and I realized that MasterMe has disappeared. Along with a few others of the original Kaggath debaters. Sad. :(

Point taken ;) Not like you need me though.

Yeh, I noticed whilst looking through Traya vs G0-T0... I never used to debate in the Kaggaths.... Much. I was more a Battlezone gal back in the Day, couldn't really contend with you guys.... :p

Still can't :D

Hey, I outright told you from the start! You backstabbed me! :p

I was looking through some old Kaggaths earlier and I realized that MasterMe has disappeared. Along with a few others of the original Kaggath debaters. Sad. :(

I like to imagine that you also supported me because it is me.... At least I hope so:o

And yeah, I noticed that a little while ago as well. It is sad, actually. :(

Yes, there will certainly be a class of super-loyal bred for obedience slaves that handle the most critical of tasks carried out by the Bortherhood yes. I agree.

But we aren't talking about them at all. Not in the slightest we're looking at the opposite end of the spectrum. We are looking at the criminals and such who make up the majority of the work force. Those are the ones who will riot across entire planets en'mass and destroy entire cities. Those are the successful terrorists and a ready-made army sitting in the hub of the enemy. Supply them and that is the issue we see.

You're correct, but Every slave who didn't escape likely had kids... So there's more than you think.

I mean come on... What else is there to do? :D:p

No, I doubt it

First off, consider distance. Seriously it would take weeks for them to arrive at Kamino and Geonosis and they'd have to wait even longer to coordinate. Also, HK-01's reprogrammed utility droids, the Bothan Spy Network, and the resources on Nar Shadda are going to give G0-T0 all knowledge and time in the galaxy to set up a trap that annihilates them. Also, Grievous and Malgus are smart and know that they're fighting a weaker opponent with similar numbers but that it wont always be like that. They wont split their force up initially going into enemy territory because (especially Grievous) they want to make a show of force and win, not risk it on the hopes that G0-T0 doesn't know and divides his forces (rather he'd just mass up and overwhelm them one at a time).

Also why the hell would you try to attack an enemy planet so damn far out from your territory only to realize it has shields that you then have to take down?

And I saw a good point earlier about how if UB uses the Commerce Guild's droids, they've effectively screwed themselves. Like, the absence of droids in the UB was a good thing until that came up.

A few other things. The major point of contention here will be Mon Cal, as it is easily the closest and vital to the space campaign. With the somewhat interesting change in my perception of the makeup of both fleets, I cannot stress this enough, what happens to Mon Cal will decide it all. If the UB can destroy Mon Cal then DS can't build a fleet of more powerful vessels. UB will also get a way to build more than just their fighters. As we've seen from the previous kaggaths, the space battle is often one of the biggest deciding factors

It would take approximately 4 days to reach Kamino, and perhaps an extra day or two to reach Geonosis. However despite your arguments a two pronged attack or a sole attack on Geonosis, is necessary. Grievous is aware of the output of said factories and within a week they could have 35,000 battle droids built.

And the Brotherhood has the numbers to split its forces. An interdiction fleet of no more than 300 ships will be sufficient to blockade the entirety of Sith Space and a token force of 100 ships above Yavin 4 and Lianna should be sufficient also. That leaves roughly 500 ships to split between Geonosis and Kamino. The Brotherhood knows that their opponent can't afford to focus their forces over one planet. And I'd say that one Interdictor is worth at least three of the Black Sun Navy's bread and butter. And superior tactical ability will close the gap.

Also, G0-T0 doesn't have access to the Bothan Spynet. Nor will Grievous be caught off guard by a shield generator (these guys do come prepared you know) especially given the fact that he knows the planet inside out.

Small strike forces - with the intention of deactivating the shields - may also help balance forces more effectively.

So I'm finally home, and have my computer again. Time to serve "my lady!" :D

So my evil scheme- riots. How? Easy.....

If I am correct, and the main workforce of the UB are slaves, then riots will do quite a lot of damage, ranging from slow production, sabotage, intel, and serve a military campaign on UB soil.

The DS has the Exchange- the smuggling, gun trafficking criminal force. It would be easy for the DS to bribe, or simply fund slave riots, giving them arms and other equipment to maximize the damage. In theory, and with G0-T0 "brain" they could shut down all production in the UB in time, killing destroying building, sabotaging ships and other key things, and (most importantly) force portions of the UB military to fight them, and not the DS.

Korriban, Ziost and Dromund Kaas will likely be abudant with slaves. However they won't be doing much to serve the Brotherhood. The benefit of how almost no 'infrastructure' so to speak is the lack of a need to upkeep it.

Essentially, the damage slaves will do will be minimal, and in reality they can be ignored.

EDIT: I'd also partly agree with Selenial. While some slaves will no doubt revolt the slaves of the Sith Empire are a little more broken than most, the result of centuries of slave labor refinement and the general scariness of the Sith. And with the possible exception of Korriban, the Exchange has no presence on the Brotherhood's Sith worlds.

Edited by Beniboybling

The right equipment? What?
I think Sel is just interested to here how it works. And I am to. Does he need any equipment? Does he have to hack into a communications hub. Or does he do it all independently with no aid whatsoever? I.e. is he able to hack into systems without aid. What is the radius? etc.

I realise you probably don't have the answer to all these questions. But its important we know how the system works.

A few droids wouldn't be able to subjugate entire worlds and cause the Republic to spend years rebuilding.

This quote seems to imply the impact was very large.

Yes but that seemed to be on Courscant only that it took years to recover given that is where the droids were...but I digress, anyway moving on.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I would LOVE for Malgus to attack Kamino. Imagine a Terror Biodroid "force push"ing him off the edge of a city and into the ocean below.
Lol, I doubt that would happen. More like the Terror Biodroid would stagger him and Malgus would retort with a barrage of Force lightning. That is if he hasn't already cut it up with his lightsaber.

I think Sel is just interested to here how it works. And I am to. Does he need any equipment? Does he have to hack into a communications hub. Or does he do it all independently with no aid whatsoever? I.e. is he able to hack into systems without aid. What is the radius? etc.

I realise you probably don't have the answer to all these questions. But its important we know how the system works.

I don't really know.

But then again, G0-T0 also has this ability. I believe they transmit a code to the droid that then activates some kind of subroutine or something.... I'm not sure. Basically, I think the droids just need contact with each other through radio waves. And it's a disease, it spreads. If one droid is infected, it'll infect other droids it comes into contact with as well.

I would assume that HK-01 could hook up to the HoloNet and transmit the code that way. Or just send it out over general broadband frequencies that every droid uses to receive orders and communicate with computers.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I would LOVE for Malgus to attack Kamino. Imagine a Terror Biodroid "force push"ing him off the edge of a city and into the ocean below.

Even if it worked, Kenobi had to swim up from the ocean floor to the top, and still got back up :p

But yeh, probably wouldn't work.

I don't really know.

But then again, G0-T0 also has this ability. I believe they transmit a code to the droid that then activates some kind of subroutine or something.... I'm not sure. Basically, I think the droids just need contact with each other through radio waves. And it's a disease, it spreads. If one droid is infected, it'll infect other droids it comes into contact with as well.

I would assume that HK-01 could hook up to the HoloNet and transmit the code that way. Or just send it out over general broadband frequencies that every droid uses to receive orders and communicate with computers.

Then why didn't he?

Even if it worked, Kenobi had to swim up from the ocean floor to the top, and still got back up :p

But yeh, probably wouldn't work.

? Kenobi didn't have to swim at all, he used the whipcord from Jango to swing himself over to another walkway and went up from there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi