Kaggath Tournament - Droid Supremacy vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

So my first chime in here is in favor of Marcelo (sorry Warren I'll get to your side soon)

The production does greatly favor Warren, however, with DK, Ziost, Yavin 4, and Korriban all under Marcelo's command, and assuming he is using each at its prime, then these planets are ready and incredibly abundant sources of both Marcelo's ground forces. Massassi don't need to be trained so don't underestimate his ability to produce reinforcements and with Korriban's academy it wouldn't be too terribly long before a (significantly smaller) army of sith grunts could be raised as well.

I will say warren has most of the advantages and could try to do some damage then sit back, out produce and roll him over.

Edited by StarSquirrel

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's my point, Grievous becomes pretty much useless and Malgus is forced to command the troops himself, putting him on the front line.

Of all the Sith in Lore, I think Malgus is one of the very few who'd actually listen to Grievous. He didn't have issue with someone else leading from afar and had no xenophobic tendencies as well. The two would probably have sparred at sometime and Malgus would have a grudging respect for him imo.

Guri+Proxy=espionage and assassination to the max.

And with Geonosis under Warren's control, Proxy can likely get the schematics of Grevious and be able to recreate them. It may take time, but with the Exchange and its resources, the schematics will be found.

Of all the Sith in Lore, I think Malgus is one of the very few who'd actually listen to Grievous. He didn't have issue with someone else leading from afar and had no xenophobic tendencies as well. The two would probably have sparred at sometime and Malgus would have a grudging respect for him imo.

I agree completely. I think Malgus will respect Grievous, just that the Sith and Massassi won't.

Edited by Warren-Stride

The production does greatly favor Warren, however, with DK, Ziost, Yavin 4, and Korriban all under Marcelo's command, and assuming he is using each at its prime, then these planets are ready and incredibly abundant sources of both Marcelo's ground forces. Massassi don't need to be trained so don't underestimate his ability to produce reinforcements and with Korriban's academy it wouldn't be too terribly long before a (significantly smaller) army of sith grunts could be raised as well.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. What "ready and incredibly abundant sources?"

Massassi warriors are like any other biological life form: they have to reproduce. The UB cannot simply reproduce more Massassi to resupply their forces. That would take years. Also, the abominations done to these Massassi warriors were done by Naga Sadow, who is dead and can't continue to give the alterations.

Training additional Sith is going to take much more time than the UB can afford. It would be hard pressed to find capable acolytes that could become Sith in a matter of years, much less months.

While the UB's production timeframe goes by years, the DS's is measured in days.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I'm not quite sure what you mean. What "ready and incredibly abundant sources?"

Massassi warriors are like any other biological life form: they have to reproduce. The UB cannot simply reproduce more Massassi to resupply their forces. That would take years. Also, the abominations done to these Massassi warriors were done by Naga Sadow, who is dead and can't continue to give the alterations.

Training additional Sith is going to take much more time than the UB can afford. It would be hard pressed to find capable acolytes that could become Sith in a matter of years, much less months.

While the UB's production timeframe goes by years, the DS's is measured in days.

Firstly, for Massasi, there are literally millions of them (mutated or not) across Ziost, Korriban, and Yavin 4, with the ones on Yavin being the ones mutated by Naga Sadow. All the others are merely a subspecies of the Sith. Besides, they where enslaved by the Dark Jedi and used as warriors so I don't understand what Sadow has to do with this at all he doesn't make them that much better...

Secondly, I never said training sith would be quick. But between the high number of force sensitives on each of these worlds and having the best training facilities for sith in the galaxy, they'll be able to churn out weaker/less attuned grunts with some force ability and a saber more easily than you think. There is a precedent for this is both the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor story lines.

Also, by ready and abundant I was referring to the Massassi's massive population on these worlds as well as the abundance of potential sith acolytes.

I understand they're biological, but as with any force of that nature a high population can still provide a great amount of usable forces.

I agree with that last sentence, though it is more akin to *months and *weeks not years and days.

Firstly, for Massasi, there are literally millions of them (mutated or not) across Ziost, Korriban, and Yavin 4, with the ones on Yavin being the ones mutated by Naga Sadow. All the others are merely a subspecies of the Sith. Besides, they where enslaved by the Dark Jedi and used as warriors so I don't understand what Sadow has to do with this at all he doesn't make them that much better...

That seems a little bit sketch to me. The point of a minor ground force is that the UB has 10k Massassi warriors, and no more. What you're suggesting is that they have millions waiting in the wings, which doesn't make much sense, considering that the Trade Federation army, which also had millions waiting in the wings, doesn't have access to those troops.

Also, I thought by Massassi warriors we were referring only to the ones on Yavin IV.

I see your point though about drawing on populations. I simply think it's a bit cheap to claim that your minor ground force grew by a couple million because they're the same species. Though, I suppose, the same could be said for droids, both DS and UB, when HK-01 converts them.

Edited by Warren-Stride

That seems a little bit sketch to me. The point of a minor ground force is that the UB has 10k Massassi warriors, and no more. What you're suggesting is that they have millions waiting in the wings, which doesn't make much sense, considering that the Trade Federation army, which also had millions waiting in the wings, doesn't have access to those troops.

Also, I thought by Massassi warriors we were referring only to the ones on Yavin IV.

I see your point though about drawing on populations. I simply think it's a bit cheap to claim that your minor ground force grew by a couple million because they're the same species. Though, I suppose, the same could be said for droids, both DS and UB, when HK-01 converts them.

lol, no I wasn't implying they had millions waiting to sweep in when the first 10k dry up, rather they have those as a basis from which to reinforce like a population center but with the turnout rate of a droid factory. (of course quality will dip but that is to be expected.)

I was just countering the out production argument. I'd say for at least the first couple months the numbers of Massassi could stay on par with the numbers of droids. I'd also say a Massassi > B1 but Massassi< a B2 so in quality it fits int he middle there.

As for species, yes I can make that argument. It is stated repeatedly that Massassi was the warrior subspecies of the Sith. Their entire species existed to fight in Sith society. The ones on Yavin where the survivors who followed him there, they where the mutated ones but regular Massassi where soldiers long before Sadow was even born.

(Edit: Stop questioning me! I'm trying to do my write up on why you'd win like I agreed to do in my match! :D)

Edited by StarSquirrel

Speaking of which... We should totally have a huge Alliance-Made brawl after this too... this series could last all year, with a little imagination!

Let's see. Eight factions? We could make a massive 4v4 war on the scale of WOTDT. The epicness of this series could grow to new and unfathomable heights.

While that's true, he cared about the Kaleesh under his command, I'd assume. He didn't care for the droids under his command, and they died left and right. I'd assume he wouldn't care much for the Sith or Masassi either.

EDIT: Don't Massassi only take orders from Sith or something? I don't think they're respect Grievous' command.

While true, I was merely pointing out the error in your assessment.

The issue with the Brotherhood is that it has no ranged fighting capability on the ground. Basically, once the Droid army's production gets into full swing, every ground battle will be like the Geonosis Arena. The fodder will be quickly killed, and the best will be surrounded and overwhelmed. This time, however, a Jedi Grand Master will not be arriving with an army of Clone Troopers.

So this means that the Brotherhood has to take advantage of the relative lack of intelligence of the Battle Droids in order to have any real chance of waging a successful war.

The issue with the Brotherhood is that it has no ranged fighting capability on the ground. Basically, once the Droid army's production gets into full swing, every ground battle will be like the Geonosis Arena. The fodder will be quickly killed, and the best will be surrounded and overwhelmed. This time, however, a Jedi Grand Master will not be arriving with an army of Clone Troopers.

So this means that the Brotherhood has to take advantage of the relative lack of intelligence of the Battle Droids in order to have any real chance of waging a successful war.

Ah, but we must never underestimate the power of the dark side, with each of UB's planets being Dark Side Nexuses the droids will have a factor to consider I don't think they are even capable of comprehending. Essentially every Sith and Massassi will be be supercharged. I see huge issues for the DS if they fight on UB soil.

Ah, but we must never underestimate the power of the dark side, with each of UB's planets being Dark Side Nexuses the droids will have a factor to consider I don't think they are even capable of comprehending. Essentially every Sith and Massassi will be be supercharged. I see huge issues for the DS if they fight on UB soil.

That still leaves obvious issues.

Just to point out that I don't think the DS will be doing any world invasions. And if they did, the Terror Units would be much more suited than the Trade Federation Army.

Ok, well G0-T0 will run the numbers and determine it is best to out-produce UB. Guri will go along with it and PROXY and HK-01 can infiltrate the DS and begin to implant their programming into the faction's droids. As this buildup continues I see Grievous itching for a fight and Malgus getting impatient. These two will seek to make the first blow in order to prove to the Sith they lead that they aren't cowards.

They will unleash their full forces on Mon Cal rather quickly as it is the closest to them. So here is a question, Mon Cal is rather far away from the rest of DS's planets, so what does everyone think will happen here?

From there G0-T0 is forced to respond to the damage/loss of Mon Cal and the shipyards so he leads a majority of his force to defend/retrieve Mon Cal. From there he and UB will have to fight (somewhere I'm not sure where, probably Lianna or DK) and G0-T0 will spring his (not quite prepared) plan on them. Their droids will attack them (albeit fewer than G0-T0 and HK-01 would have liked) and it will temporarily distract them.

From there G0-T0 will use the distraction to swarm across DK. I see Malgus fighting them on the ground to the last as Grievous runs. After that the Sith lose respect for Grievous and a divided UB is ripped apart from the inside as G0-T0 usues Guri, PROXY, and HK-01 to carry out assassinations, terror attacks, and sabotage to further manipulate and exacerbate the divisions.

G0-T0 just needs to put them on the back foot in order to breed chaos and division within the loose alliance UB has put together. From there he waits till they're weaker and he is stronger then he purges their chaotic and aggressive culture from the galaxy in the name of stability.

Also, Ventress and Durge... how will these two factor into this? Seems like a pretty sick assassination team to me.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I'm not sure. Beni said a couple hundred?

But the Terror Droids can be produced on Geonosis. And the Terror Troopers could potencially be replicated through cloning.

I'd assume you probably could clone them, but training them will take time.

They will unleash their full forces on Mon Cal rather quickly as it is the closest to them. So here is a question, Mon Cal is rather far away from the rest of DS's planets, so what does everyone think will happen here?

Also, Ventress and Durge... how will these two factor into this? Seems like a pretty sick assassination team to me.

If the majority of the DS's fleet is at Mon Cal, it'd be a hard battle for the UB to win.

Assassinating any of the DS leaders will be hard. Finding them is next to impossible.

Edited by Warren-Stride