Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Makeb Voice Actors

DaShuk

Bioware/EA, please get some new voice actors on Makeb. I'm so sick of having to listen to Spike Spiegel in this game and it seems you got him to do 95% of the male voices in the Makeb quests. I used to love his voice in anime, but this game is making me hate it.

Bioware/EA, please get some new voice actors on Makeb. I'm so sick of having to listen to Spike Spiegel in this game and it seems you got him to do 95% of the male voices in the Makeb quests. I used to love his voice in anime, but this game is making me hate it.

Spike Speigel was the character not the actor's name. :rolleyes:

Also, if think BW is going to do anything due to this post...well, I doubt I'm the only one laughing at the idea.

It does seem like Steve Blum and Cat Taber got a large portion of the voices, doesn't it? The reason for this is likely SAG rules. As I understand it, if you call someone in for voice work, you have to pay them for a full day. So, they might as well use them while they're there and give them multiple parts.

Spike Speigel was the character not the actor's name. :rolleyes:

Also, if think BW is going to do anything due to this post...well, I doubt I'm the only one laughing at the idea.

Oh I'm sorry...I should have ranted about PVP or something else...and btw I know that's his character name in anime, he was also Mugen and the voice of Teletran 1 for Transformers and the videogames, was just being sarcastic. Just seems they took a popular voice actor and exploited him to death in this game.

When you're trying to crank out content as quickly and cheaply as possible, it's a no-brainer to grab a few VA's who are available and not invested in other projects. There's a reason why 1 guy on Family Guy and the Simpsons does like 500 voices.

Steve Blum unfortunately always sounds like Steve Blum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.