Replaying your Class Story all over again!

DarthGaris

I think a very good idea that would be a lot of fun would be to replay your Class Story all over again, i know you all may think i'm crazy but please listen.

You would start at the begining you would still have all your Items and gear unlocks all of it but your level would be restricted to area or max of that planet, that way you could go back and relive all the amazing moments and still keep all your goodys you would have the look of your Level 55 self but be level 1 or the level of that planet

Thanks

Gwensu'baru :D

would definitely add to end-game activities and chance to go back to old characters. It would also let you replay your favorite stories without distracting yourself with countless side quests. It has to go along with companion conversation reset, though. Making another characters of same class and ac is a pain, not enjoyable experience, because of the repeatable quests you're required to do aside from the story in order to get enough exp! Also the gear is an issue. Expensive cartel market gear which really adds to the experience when put on characters and companions can be too expensive to be bought just for a new character which is going to play the story line only.

I agree!! This would add a level of re-playability to the game that I feel can do nothing but increase its overall quality.

I say that just allow to replay you stories and have the mobs scaled up to your level.

When I played LOTRO (lord of the rings online) they had a similar system that they implemented. Where you would click on a pool that allowed you to replay instances (their version of phases.)

I would love a system that would allow me to do the same! You have my support for what it's worth!! :D

Indeedy. So many things in the game are repeatable, and usually, these are the multiplayer aspects. Heroic quests. Flashpoints. Operations. PvP matches. It's understandable why they're repeatable - because without that, you'd run out of people able to do them.

But in many ways, the class stories are what set SWTOR apart from other MMOs. In some ways, they're the game's best feature, and you can tell a lot of effort went into their construction. I'm sure lots of people enjoyed them. Why can't we do them again? The Flashpoints have a level 50 heroic mode; could our class stories have the same?

It's true that the class stories are single-player content, and probably should stay that way. A 'Heroic' option for them would be something similar to the NG+ modes in the Mass Effect series, in which you can restart the game with the skills you've already learned. You'd be able to play through the class story from the beginning again, facing level 50 (or 55, now?) versions of the opponents you'd fought originally.

- You'd have the opportunity to choose your character's dialogues as the same, if you remember them, or have the opportunity to see what other options might result in.

- It's something more engaging than re-running old Flashpoints solo for more DS/LS points and companion affection.

- Time to be awesome. Use all your abilities and skills from the very beginning!

- The chance to earn titles you missed out on, like the Bounty Hunter's 'Baron' title, or upgraded versions of classic equipment, like the Smuggler's A-300 Needler or the Inquisitor's Lord Kallig's Countenance.

- The possibility of a further incentive for completing your Heroic Questline. A one-off chance to earn end-game commendations, solo!

- The ability to experience the class story uninterrupted by the need to level, craft and do other world quests - like a movie. The perfect reward for levelling through the whole game!

- The opportunity for the developers, if they wished, to revisit the class stories and patch up some of their ropier or seemingly unpolished elements - such as the end location of the Consular story? Get twice the use out of the game assets you already have!

- The Acquisitions Race and the Rakghoul Plague event show that having level-appropriate mobs spawn outside of an instance is 100% possible!

I'll totally add my support for this, as there is one trooper quest that was epic every time I played through it...The act 2 closer where every companion you have joins you on the mission and you actually SEE them, and team up with 2 seperate members during it. Being able to replay that whenever I wanted would be rather enjoyable.

• 1 month later...
I agree!! This would add a level of re-playability to the game that I feel can do nothing but increase its overall quality.

I say that just allow to replay you stories and have the mobs scaled up to your level.

This! Class story fights happen in their own phases anyway, so just scale them to the current max level. In addition to all the reasons that have already been mentioned here, I would love to see my characters in those cutscenes now that I actually have gear that looks good. The first time I finished the class story of my Jedi Knight back in January 2012, his gear looked terrible. I used Trooper armor half the time because of the f...... hoods. Besides, he was still human back then, because Cathar had't been available at that time.

Edited by trueKieran

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.