Sage vs juggernaut or marauder

warstory

A madness sorc can beat 90% of warriors. They have just enough utilities to stay at bay and will only lose to people that actually know how to melee dps and not stand there and click buttons.
That's because you (and others) are using good sorcs in your examples against average smashers (garbage players). Based on that he will probably beat 98 % of all smashers. Skill disparity shouldnt be the determining factor when it comes to class balance.

That's because you (and others) are using good sorcs in your examples against average smashers (garbage players). Based on that he will probably beat 98 % of all smashers. Skill disparity shouldnt be the determining factor when it comes to class balance.

Exactly madness has a better chance to kite but lightning doesn't have the same opportunity because our kitting mechanic is tried to a skill we may not get

Exactly madness has a better chance to kite but lightning doesn't have the same opportunity because our kitting mechanic is tried to a skill we may not get

Well you do have kb root, bubble stun.. the problem is lightning strike and thundering blast is easily losed and interrupted. FL/TKthrow specs are easily countered with interrupted that but at least its like a constant dmg you don't have to wait for it to cast to do dmg it is pretty instant.

Well you do have kb root, bubble stun.. the problem is lightning strike and thundering blast is easily losed and interrupted. FL/TKthrow specs are easily countered with interrupted that but at least its like a constant dmg you don't have to wait for it to cast to do dmg it is pretty instant.

Kb root

1. Breaks on our next attack

2. Doesn't have enough distance to stop push or choke or the second leap from rage.

Stun bubble can be broken outside of 4m by melee attack cause if lag/ latency or bug I don't know which but it happens often.

I

in a wz...as long as I have good positioning and can, root, slow, and LOS, I can heal to full and make them pay.

I usually don't run madness/balance but 0/30/16, but in duels (which are pretty rare in wz for me) I think madness/balance played properly should be able to hold their own vs all...well maybe not stealthers or op/scoundrel healer/dpsers.

In a 1v1 on my lightning sorc i can usually win.

- static barrier for the resist buff needs to be up all the time.

- bleeds need to be cleansed.

- force slow then affliction in my first strikes

- lightning strike (chain if proc'd) repeatedly.

- when they leap i overload to root them then quickly affliction and thundering blast for the guaranteed crit

- polarity shift and recklessness then lightning strike/chain proc/shock

- then electrocute before the next thundering blast.

There are some important things to know about melee classes:

- smashers can obliterate while immobilized so dont be in oblit range after overload

- vengy juggs are immune to cc for 4 seconds after leaps

- juyo form maras bleeds are easily to cleanse and break their stack rotation if you time it right.

- tank juggs/guards are irrelevant in this discussion, if you die to them you should go roll a new class.

- a good ataru mara/sent is really your worst enemy. Timing becomes much more important in using your ccs.

Edited by ErikGW

In a 1v1 on my lightning sorc i can usually win.

- static barrier for the resist buff needs to be up all the time.

- bleeds need to be cleansed.

- force slow then affliction in my first strikes

- lightning strike (chain if proc'd) repeatedly.

- when they leap i overload to root them then quickly affliction and thundering blast for the guaranteed crit

- polarity shift and recklessness then lightning strike/chain proc/shock

- then electrocute before the next thundering blast.

There are some important things to know about melee classes:

- smashers can obliterate while immobilized so dont be in oblit range after overload

- vengy juggs are immune to cc for 4 seconds after leaps

- juyo form maras bleeds are easily to cleanse and break their stack rotation if you time it right.

- tank juggs/guards are irrelevant in this discussion, if you die to them you should go roll a new class.

- a good ataru mara/sent is really your worst enemy. Timing becomes much more important in using your ccs.

I agree about tanks,

If u are getting off slow, affliction and a lightning strike before they leap that is a seriously bad melee. 9 times out of 10 lightning strike is interrupted if u try and cast it.

1 simple change polarity shift is immune to stuns and interrupts = no way to get shutdown. For lightning only

Anyone see this as overpowered ?

You do the same thing as when snipers pop entrench. You hide behind something and make them waste it. Whenever I duel my bro who plays carnage, he just stealths out everytime I pop it. And a jugg will just reflect it.

I think it depends on the skill of the player and open CDs. I usually win on my sorc against the average melee player when I kite successfully. A good melee will beat me 70% of the time.

As a sorc (or any rdps, cept maybe sniper), I don't think my place is 1v1 in a wz, I'd much rather be constantly laying into someone where the action is. I imagine if I did more dueling I'd get better at it, it's just kind of a swap for me, I'd rather force speed away and get back to the action and targeting a healer.

I think it depends on the skill of the player and open CDs. I usually win on my sorc against the average melee player when I kite successfully. A good melee will beat me 70% of the time.

And most of them play Carnage.

But Sorc is not for 1x1 and with the current balance not for 4x4. That is the issue. Can have large output in 8x8. So, the comparison with the melee is invalid. There are no clues that they are going to enhance Sorc for 4x4.

Edited by Aetideus