Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

Lunafox

yes, no word of it. Except, of course, where they implemented the first round of it with Makeb. :rolleyes:

Facts. Find some please.

Companion SGR. I understand that you absolutely MUST "win" this pissing contest, but you won`t do it by pretending I said what I didn`t say.

And about dyes and content: Previous to the move to F2P, if I wanted something.. ANYTHING, I would just "farm" for it. Now I have to spend real cash if I want to have it without buying from a player. There were ridiculous priced rarities back then, too, like the Scorpion jacket going for 800k+, but you could get that via ingame mechanics, if you tried a bit. This 100% available content you are talking about is 0% accessible if I refuse to buy from GTN.

Styxx's context is independent of the person he quoted.

Specifically, the context of Styxx's post is "Things that have been asked for for a long time, but were never addressed", which even in the context of full sgr arcs, isn't accurate. Bioware has talked about it on a small handful of occasions.

Wrong. The context is precisely the one that is said: SGR with companions. It should be implied, since there isn`t any game mechanic to have romance between avatars. And roleplaying doesn`t really count.

[EDIT]

<--- speaking about cross faction guilds and communication. Nothing done, yet. Edited by Styxx

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. The context is precisely the one that is said: SGR with companions. It should be implied, since there isn`t any game mechanic to have romance between avatars. And roleplaying doesn`t really count.

The context of the person you first quoted had nothing to do with SGR, so it was not at all implied that the SGR you mentioned had to deal with companions any more than it had to do with SGR character classes(another topic the person you quoted was addressing).

Edited by Vandicus

The context of the person you first quoted had nothing to do with SGR, so it was not at all implied that the SGR you mentioned had to deal with companions any more than it had to do with SGR character classes(another topic the person you quoted was addressing).

It was adding to what was said, or saying, on top of what the person wanted, that SGR was asked for a long time and we still haven`t gotten an answer. So, by extrapolation, chances are really small to get what was asked, imo.

It was adding to what was said, or saying, on top of what the person wanted, that SGR was asked for a long time and we still haven`t gotten an answer. So, by extrapolation, chances are really small to get what was asked, imo.

And that, is the context of the post. To repeat myself, the context of your post was "Things that have been asked for for a long time, but were never addressed".

That you meant SGR companions was never implied, anymore than SGR alliances or SGR classes.

Also, Bioware did address the idea of SGR romances with companions post-launch. It will never happen with launch companions. They left future companions up in the air.

Because it wasn't completely obvious s/he was talking about SGRs with companions. :rolleyes:

Context. Recognize it please.

As others have so eloquently pointed out, BioWare did address this too. Not implemented yet, will never be implemented for existing companions. left up in the air for potential future companions.

They did address it. Whether or not the community chooses to like or dislike or not care about what they said is irrelevant. They addressed it.

It's an MMO; not a single-player game. The class stories are decidedly single-player.

If you're completely hung up on the word "class", you stopped getting what you want at release - Ilum started the faction stories. Maybe you should consider browsing the market for single-player games if you hate gaming with others so much?

How many current SW games out there have single-player content? We had that in the past in the form of KOTOR and 2, which was effectively replaced by an MMO...I only subscribed as I said because it was Star Wars, had Bioware's legacy attached to it, and is all that is available. If it were a choice between this and single-player Kotor 3? KOTOR 3 hands down. Since it isn't, and this is all that's out there...this is it.

As others have so eloquently pointed out, BioWare did address this too. Not implemented yet, will never be implemented for existing companions. left up in the air for potential future companions.

They did address it. Whether or not the community chooses to like or dislike or not care about what they said is irrelevant. They addressed it.

<--- they addressed cross faction guilds, by not saying a darn thing about it. "Good feedback" is all they said up to this day. According to your logic, they addressed the issue, which is tragically comic.

Now, are we down to semantics and politically correct sentences, or can we go back to the crux of the sentence: "Same gender companion romance was asked, and despite mumbo-jumbo IF EVER in PR terms about it, nothing definitive was said."?

Edited by Styxx

How many current SW games out there have single-player content? We had that in the past in the form of KOTOR and 2, which was effectively replaced by an MMO...I only subscribed as I said because it was Star Wars, had Bioware's legacy attached to it, and is all that is available. If it were a choice between this and single-player Kotor 3? KOTOR 3 hands down. Since it isn't, and this is all that's out there...this is it.

This be a joke, right?

How would a KoTOR 3 be a VAST improvement over eight(!!!) class stories? Not to mention that, once you'd be done with it, wouldn't you be facing the same issue we're facing now?

As in, the content - or class story if you prefer - would be over and you wouldn't even have faction stories to chew through?

This be a joke, right?

How would a KoTOR 3 be a VAST improvement over eight(!!!) class stories? Not to mention that, once you'd be done with it, wouldn't you be facing the same issue we're facing now?

As in, the content - or class story if you prefer - would be over and you wouldn't even have faction stories to chew through?

I simply prefer the more fleshed out stories found on KOTOR/2 (especially KOTOR) to the MMO style. I don't like having to group with others. I enjoy the very unique story and the opportunity for more in expansions or even DLC along with sequels or branching games.

Its' preference I suppose...I do this MMO (again, my only MMO) because it's all there is. I would, however, choose a single player experience over it in the Star Wars universe.

And I loved the stories on this game, no question about it...the Agent being the best in my opinion...but none of them matched the depth and variety of outcomes in KOTOR/2.

I simply prefer the more fleshed out stories found on KOTOR/2 (especially KOTOR) to the MMO style. I don't like having to group with others. I enjoy the very unique story and the opportunity for more in expansions or even DLC along with sequels or branching games.

Its' preference I suppose...I do this MMO (again, my only MMO) because it's all there is. I would, however, choose a single player experience over it in the Star Wars universe.

And I loved the stories on this game, no question about it...the Agent being the best in my opinion...but none of them matched the depth and variety of outcomes in KOTOR/2.

I think his underlying point, though, is that you can get everything you would have gotten out of a hypothetical KOTOR 3 in this game even playing exclusively single-player, and everything else, like the Flashpoints, PVP and Operations, are just gravy on top of that.

Play through as the Jedi Knight from Tython to the final class fight after Corellia, and you'll have a perfectly comparable experience to KOTOR 3, with the class quests functioning the same as the required "hunting down the Star Forge" quests and the faction-specific planetary quests working just like the optional side-quests (like solving the murder case on Manaan or the feuding families on Dantooine). Once you've defeated the end-boss for your class quest you'll have experienced just as much content as KOTOR 3 would have provided.

The difference is, at that point SWTOR still offers you more to do if you so choose, either by grouping up with others for Flashpoints or Operations, playing PVP warzones, or by going on to Ilum, Black Hole, Section X, Makeb, CZ-198 and/or Oricon. The first time you play through any of those additional zones, you're getting the same sort of content you'd have gotten out of a DLC for KOTOR 3.

The whole distinction between Faction Quests and Class Quests only comes into play once you encounter the Faction quests on a second character from the same faction as your first, but in KOTOR 3 there wouldn't have even been a second character - so in no way is SWTOR giving you anything less than you'd have gotten in a KOTOR 3.

The fact that there is the whole Imperial side in SWTOR means that there is a completely unique questline available on a second character that you could play from Korriban/Hutta all the way through Makeb without ever needing to group up.

Edited by DarthDymond

I think his underlying point, though, is that you can get everything you would have gotten out of a hypothetical KOTOR 3 in this game even playing exclusively single-player, and everything else, like the Flashpoints, PVP and Operations, are just gravy on top of that.

Play through as the Jedi Knight from Tython to the final class fight after Corellia, and you'll have a perfectly comparable experience to KOTOR 3, with the class quests functioning the same as the required "hunting down the Star Forge" quests and the faction-specific planetary quests working just like the optional side-quests (like solving the murder case on Manaan or the feuding families on Dantooine). Once you've defeated the end-boss for your class quest you'll have experienced just as much content as KOTOR 3 would have provided.

The difference is, at that point SWTOR still offers you more to do if you so choose, either by grouping up with others for Flashpoints or Operations, playing PVP warzones, or by going on to Ilum, Black Hole, Section X, Makeb, CZ-198 and/or Oricon. The first time you play through any of those additional zones, you're getting the same sort of content you'd have gotten out of a DLC for KOTOR 3.

The whole distinction between Faction Quests and Class Quests only comes into play once you encounter the Faction quests on a second character from the same faction as your first, but in KOTOR 3 there wouldn't have even been a second character - so in no way is SWTOR giving you anything less than you'd have gotten in a KOTOR 3.

The fact that there is the whole Imperial side in SWTOR means that there is a completely unique questline available on a second character that you could play from Korriban/Hutta all the way through Makeb without ever needing to group up.

HOLY WALL OF TEXT.

This is correct though. TY. :cool:

In my opinion, Class and Companion stories are still the best content this game has to offer,

and you'd be doing SWTOR a disservice if you wouldn't continue developing content in that direction.

Bioware, please consider releasing more of this type of content! :D

I wasn't particularly stating I wanted same gender romances. I was however asking the community if they have heard anything about raising the affection cap on our companions. I really enjoyed learning about Kira’s past. Doc's past. The back ground is incredible. I mean look at Kira for example

A woman with a broken past, desperate for a better future. A life with a hope, instead of a dark one in the depths of Nar Shadaa. Finding one of her friends, but having, sadly, a realization of her corruption and unfortunate death. A growing bond between her and her new master. A pair destined for greatness and success.

The back ground for Kira blew my mind. I would really enjoy learning more about all my companions. If anyone knows if they plan to expand this PLEASE tell me. I want them to add more companion content more than I want a toggle hood option, custom dyes, anything I don't care, because I play this game for the absolutely incredible story lines it offers.

I wasn't particularly stating I wanted same gender romances. I was however asking the community if they have heard anything about raising the affection cap on our companions. I really enjoyed learning about Kira’s past. Doc's past. The back ground is incredible. I mean look at Kira for example

A woman with a broken past, desperate for a better future. A life with a hope, instead of a dark one in the depths of Nar Shadaa. Finding one of her friends, but having, sadly, a realization of her corruption and unfortunate death. A growing bond between her and her new master. A pair destined for greatness and success.

The back ground for Kira blew my mind. I would really enjoy learning more about all my companions. If anyone knows if they plan to expand this PLEASE tell me. I want them to add more companion content more than I want a toggle hood option, custom dyes, anything I don't care, because I play this game for the absolutely incredible story lines it offers.

It's unlikely that they'll continue companion stories outside of continuing new class stories.

I also would not want them to raise the affection levels either. It's a bad system that works against the game and player in many ways.

The companion convos should've unlocked at certain points in the story, like one or two per new planet or major story beat or whatever. There are a number of conversations that make mention of stuff that happens in the story regardless of where you are in it. For instance you might not get one of your Chapter 1 companion's affection up high until Chapter 3 but you end up going through dialogue with them that references stuff from Chapter 1 as if it was recent because the game expects you to have that convo at that time.

You also run into the opposite with their affection being too high. Like if you have someone's affection maxed at the beginning of Chapter 3 you can generally finish off all their remaining convos giving the character a sense of finality that makes no sense to have that early in Chapter 3.

To go along with the above, your first companion(s) always has playable missions that you accompany them on, but if their affection is really high you can get a mission that you're way underleveled for or if you decide to not use that companion for whatever reason and raise their affection later you get missions that you're way over leveled for.

In terms of the story overall it doesn't matter what their affection level is with you. These people are part of your crew or your friends regardless of what you do. In the Beta that was a little bit different but the affection level didn't matter in that regard.

It just seems like the conversations were designed to take place at certain parts of the story with the only progression blockers being the chapters or your level in certain cases.

Personally I don't want new class and companion stories. If they spend their time doing that then who will re-color all the armor? And Who will develop new Star-fighter content? Its is really really really really popular you know.

Anyway, I guess since this post is 41 pages long, I will have to bow to peer pressure and just

/SIGHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jrea

Well, the way I see it, Bioware could shoot 2 birds with one stone - implement same gender romance between PC and companions, with a backstory attached to it. That way, everybody gets the SGR they are wishing for, while everybody gets whatever story continuation regarding the companion they want to romance. Not ideal, but saves time and money.

You also run into the opposite with their affection being too high. Like if you have someone's affection maxed at the beginning of Chapter 3 you can generally finish off all their remaining convos giving the character a sense of finality that makes no sense to have that early in Chapter 3.

To go along with the above, your first companion(s) always has playable missions that you accompany them on, but if their affection is really high you can get a mission that you're way underleveled for or if you decide to not use that companion for whatever reason and raise their affection later you get missions that you're way over leveled for.

Agreed but on the same hand would it be possible to continue the relationship convos as long as it went along with the timeline. Even without raising affection could they, per say, when I discover the next planet in line with level 55. Like when I discovered Oricon for the first time could a mission logo pop? I'm just wondering if it’s possible because that game aspect is what I look forward to most. Really hope they make more of it.

from my understanding they wont ever continue the class stories

Problem (at least to me) is that when they first created this game there were all excited about each class having its own story and own voice. And, well turns out game didn't do so well at start and now to create eight different stories with voices is too much time and money. Of course if they really thought about it they would have not had individual class quests but combined all the republic and vise versus for Imperial classes together to one large quest line and parceled them out over time and got rid of the stupid character voice. Then they could actually keep a story line going for both sides and NOT have painted themselves into a corner like that have now. I mean how cool would it be to able to do Havoc squad missions with a jedi or a smuggler? and well as for companions you can either add them in for all class to have been able to obtain and interact with along the way. That really would have stretched the content being brought out throughout the quarters and kept the game really going.

Edited by rynlath

Tanno Vik will never receive more story bbtw, voice actor died.

They could find someone with a close enough voice, then modify it with a sound engineer - terrible..r things have happened in this game than a slightly different voice :)