Thank you BioWare for the dye system!

Laendser

Well, I for one am glad they implemented something. In this case something is definitely better than nothing, and any claim otherwise is ludicrous IMO.

To those that claim they would rather have nothing than the system in place....ok. I am glad to have what is in place, so if you don't mind I'm going to go ahead and use it.

Even the space combat system in place is better than nothing, and I don't even use it...but I know some folks do (pointing to the two of you out there....joke).

I will not deny them a game feature simply because I find it unacceptable to my own personal standards. I will, however, hold feet to the fire if I feel a system needs to be changed, and support that endeavor.

What we have is better than nothing, but the TOR dye system is terrible in comparison to the systems in GW2, and SWG. Changing the color of your gear.. it's a simple concept, but BioWare went about it in such a stupid way.

IMO they could do away with primary and secondary colors in dyes. Instead, they could add more dual sets as craftable, and leave primary and secondary solo colors to an unlock kind of ability that would allow a person to use that color unlimited ways. They could make primary and secondary dyes as drops or legacy unlocks. They could also add dye slots to armor that do not have them that would only take this kind of dye.

That would not, IMO, impact dual color sales in any significant way since you can only change primary or secondary color, but not both, with the solo colors.

It would also provide a non-CM way to dye armor.

Just a quick shout out to the devs for the great dye system that was added in Game Update 2.1 "Customization".

I've been looking forward to dyeing armors to suit my tastes, and this new system really helps us accomplish just that.

Thanks for hearing our requests to add in this feature, much appreciated!

Eh, you think the Swtor dye system is good? I just recorded something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-k2CE2ni0

Guild Wars 1 dye, being all white or all black was a sign of prestige. Good or bad, depending on if you were affluent in game or not, I think it was neat.

GW2 dye system gives people way better prices in game, and alot more flexibility. I think it dominates any other game for a dye system; ease of use, reasonably priced in game, sense of progression collecting colors.

I really don't see what the allure of all-white or all-black is; the color of your gear doesn't make any difference in-game, and if someone wants to make their Sith unique by having them run around in black-on-black gear (just like the other 50,000 Sith on the server), then I see no reason to put a barrier in the way of their doing it. I'd be much happier with a system where you went to a customization kiosk, paid your tailor fee, and then were allowed to pick the primary and secondary colors you wanted for each of your (or your companion's, if you were recoloring them) equipped items. Sure, we'll get a lot of "Darth Imsobroodyanddark #32323" clones, but when push comes to shove, which is better for the game -- having the players *****, moan, and whine about how they can't get the dyes to color their gear the way they want to, or letting them pick any colors they want, even if all it does is show off a lack of imagination?

• 2 months later...
Just a quick shout out to the devs for the great dye system that was added in Game Update 2.1 "Customization".

I've been looking forward to dyeing armors to suit my tastes, and this new system really helps us accomplish just that.

Thanks for hearing our requests to add in this feature, much appreciated!

You were always a fan of stylish outfits and i bet that you would like it better if Bioware design department created some armors with more elements of the later Empire era.The dye system was indeed a step forward to this game.

A bump from an old friend.