Sorry pugs, my guilds pre-made will be queuing up for regulars more often.

Lovethebeard

This is a pretty shameless attempt to try to create anger to help your "cause." The truth is that 4v4 Arena queues are probably going to reduce(not eliminate) the amount of premades in the general queue. Additionally, very competitive players will also be playing solo-ranked queues more often.

The end result will likely create a lower gear cap and lower skill capped general queue. Casual players will have less to worry about.

This post reminds me of when my daughter's soccer coach and his friends challenged the team pointing out they were going to "show them how it's done." Thirty year old dad coaches threatening a team of 8 year olds.

did they win?

This is a pretty shameless attempt to try to create anger to help your "cause." The truth is that 4v4 Arena queues are probably going to reduce(not eliminate) the amount of premades in the general queue. Additionally, very competitive players will also be playing solo-ranked queues more often.

The end result will likely create a lower gear cap and lower skill capped general queue. Casual players will have less to worry about.

this.

This was my first concern when I saw info about removal 8v8 ranked. At the beginning, majority will jump to arenas for sure. But simple deathmatch with always the same scenario (separate tank from healer, burn them down, kill the rest) will get old much sooner than objective-based games for bigger team.

I am glad the arenas are coming, but lets look at it realistically in longer time view after initial hype fades away.

- it may get boring pretty soon for skilled teams

- it may get frustrating for causal pvp player very fast (imagine weekend pvp player with healer. How long is he going to enjoy being hammered like there is no tomorrow. This time no chance someone will overlook him healing and not marking him, no other healer to help him out... Just an example)

- many players are left behind with current class balance situation. (Yes it is always about who is sitting behind the keyboard, but there are some limits. Therefore some may end up not queuing because not wanting to harm the team, some will be simply not wanted into premades)

At the end a lot of people will end up again in normal warzones, but this time also with half premades from previously ranked team, who are doing their weekly, have enough of deathmatch and so on and so on. For normal pugs, it will make life actually worse.

I don't want to be negative here, it is great that some PvP update is coming. But not everything is going to be rainbows and kittens and removal of ranked 8v8 at current state is a mistake.

I don't see any mad people. I'm just saying solo queue or group queue, either way they are going to burn out very easy in a short amount of time. Keep ranked 8v8 and elite pre-made queues will be close to nothing, why remove something that's not broken?

This was my first concern when I saw info about removal 8v8 ranked. At the beginning, majority will jump to arenas for sure. But simple deathmatch with always the same scenario (separate tank from healer, burn them down, kill the rest) will get old much sooner than objective-based games for bigger team.

I am glad the arenas are coming, but lets look at it realistically in longer time view after initial hype fades away.

- it may get frustrating for causal pvp player very fast (imagine weekend pvp player with healer. How long is he going to enjoy being hammered like there is no tomorrow. This time no chance someone will overlook him healing and not marking him, no other healer to help him out... Just an example)

- many players are left behind with current class balance situation. (Yes it is always about who is sitting behind the keyboard, but there are some limits. Therefore some may end up not queuing because not wanting to harm the team, some will be simply not wanted into premades)

At the end a lot of people will end up again in normal warzones, but this time also with half premades from previously ranked team, who are doing their weekly, have enough of deathmatch and so on and so on. For normal pugs, it will make life actually worse.

I don't want to be negative here, it is great that some PvP update is coming. But not everything is going to be rainbows and kittens and removal of ranked 8v8 at current state is a mistake.

now ^ this ladies and gentlemen.

Sounds reasonable.

Thanks to the removal of 8v8 ranked, this will be a regular occurrence when guilds get burned out of Arenas for the day. Premades are already an issue to pugs, indeed - but its gonna get a lot worse with 8v8 ranked gone, i can see it now.

And how is this a big deal on the Ebon Hawk again? Pugging is already godawful painful since server transfers drained the vast majority of the talent to servers like Pot5. It's so bad now that having a few more premades in regs isn't going to ruin what's already absolutely terrible. Besides, aren't you guys only playing ranked on Mon & Wed night anyways? I'm guessing that you don't sit on your hands the other five nights of the week and never queue as groups for pvp.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's silly of them to pull ranked games, but you won't be ruining regs on the Ebon Hawk because regs are so terrbad right now.

Edited by Prisoner

Honestly, if you guys ran more premades, queue quality would increase marginally.

Either y'all win in a landslide (fast victory/loss - requeue), y'all hit another premade (long, balanced game - requeue), or y'all get stymied by a PUG (hilarious, long game - requeue).

Unfortunately, you -are- recruiting a ton of talent (combined w/ the growing dissatisfaction with PvP on the server), so I imagine it's hard to hit another premade, these days. I hope arena queues eliminate that problem.

Thanks to the removal of 8v8 ranked, this will be a regular occurrence when guilds get burned out of Arenas for the day. Premades are already an issue to pugs, indeed - but its gonna get a lot worse with 8v8 ranked gone, i can see it now.

Isn't there to be a ranked arena?

Theres been so many teams in pugs for so long who cares?

Be so many playing pvp you'll be scattered to the 4 corners my friend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.