Who is the worst Jedi or Sith?

Oxades

Are you looking for opinion, or fact?

Opinion mostly, Something likes Ki-Adi-Mundi because he stood there with a "what’s going on” look as the clone troopers shot him down. I don’t really think that Ki-Adi-Mundi is the worst Jedi ever but this is an example of what I am interested in reading.

Opinion mostly, Something likes Ki-Adi-Mundi because he stood there with a "what’s going on” look as the clone troopers shot him down. I don’t really think that Ki-Adi-Mundi is the worst Jedi ever but this is an example of what I am interested in reading.

Ki-Adi-Mundi took a few clones with him, better than most Jedi...

I'd honestly say that Traya was the worst Jedi/Sith in accordance with their Beliefs, but in terms of sheer stupidty etc... I don't know

I think he was trying to get at, like the ones who don't follow the teachings, do some really stupid things despite their supposed power etc....

well any Jedi who turns to the Dark Side automatically qualifies on the basis of not following the teachings. So I don't think using that basis to determine who is or isn't the worst Jedi or Sith is going to work.

Rather the only real marker of "Best vs. Worst" of anything is going to come down to being determined by sheer raw potential ability with the Force. In other words, the more force sensitive a person is, the better they are as a Jedi or a Sith. Those with the least force sensitivity are automatically going to be the worst Jedi and Sith.

But even that determination is not a valid use, because even the people with next to no Force Sensitivity can pick up a sword and do amazing acrobatics that a non-force sensitive would be incapable of replicating so long as they have been trained in how to use what they have got. So really, the worst Jedi or Sith is the completely untrained Force Sensitive who isn't even aware of their force sensitivity (aka Luke Skywalker before he met Obi Wan Kenobi).

Edited by XantosCledwin

If that was the intention of the thread, then *Yawn* we could go on forever.

I think it should be those with Incredible power who've done stupid things, Like Maul being so arrogant as to not swipe at Kenobi when he had the chance, Dooku goading anakin into using the Dark Side when it would only fuel him and make him more deadly. Kenobi when he didn't finish off anakin, because not only did that kill countless Jedi, it left his supposed brother in intense Agony. Of course, then we have Windu, spending so much time Gazing into Sidious' shatterpoint that he never saw Anakins. Then there's General Krell, being so arrogant in his abilities that he quite literally told an army he was going to kill them, and then tried. Following him we have Savage Opress, Meetra Surik (I feel bad putting her on here, but come on, she could have ended the Emperor, and Revan was going to die anyway, the sacrifice was more than useless, it was helpful to the enemy) and the great Darth Nihilus.

If that was the intention of the thread, then *Yawn* we could go on forever.

I think it should be those with Incredible power who've done stupid things, Like Maul being so arrogant as to not swipe at Kenobi when he had the chance, Dooku goading anakin into using the Dark Side when it would only fuel him and make him more deadly. Kenobi when he didn't finish off anakin, because not only did that kill countless Jedi, it left his supposed brother in intense Agony. Of course, then we have Windu, spending so much time Gazing into Sidious' shatterpoint that he never saw Anakins. Then there's General Krell, being so arrogant in his abilities that he quite literally told an army he was going to kill them, and then tried. Following him we have Savage Opress, Meetra Surik (I feel bad putting her on here, but come on, she could have ended the Emperor, and Revan was going to die anyway, the sacrifice was more than useless, it was helpful to the enemy) and the great Darth Nihilus.

Yeah, Maul was pretty stupid. That fight could have ended in his favor at least a dozen times prior to when he got chopped in half and he just didn't take them.

As for Dooku, he actually probably had orders to prepare Anakin for Sidious (though why he would listen to them is anyone's guess).

In Kenobi's favor, finishing off a helpless enemy really isn't the way of a proper Jedi. Because that way leads to the Dark Side afterall. Of course there are those out there that will scream and yell that what Kenobi did to Anakin was just as terrible if not worse than actual murder, but still...

Most of the others I am not all that familiar with.

In Kenobi's favor, finishing off a helpless enemy really isn't the way of a proper Jedi. Because that way leads to the Dark Side afterall. Of course there are those out there that will scream and yell that what Kenobi did to Anakin was just as terrible if not worse than actual murder, but still...

The novelisation gives his actions a slightly less cruel motivation, thankfully - he senses the Emperor arriving, and realises that he has to move fast if he's going to get off planet with Padme.

The novelisation gives his actions a slightly less cruel motivation, thankfully - he senses the Emperor arriving, and realises that he has to move fast if he's going to get off planet with Padme.

Question... were the Novels intended to be considered Absolute Canon (i.e. are they Word of God), or are the Movies the Absolute Canon? Because if the Novels are correct and Obi Wan Kenobi is actually sensing the Emperor arriving on Mustafar before he has the opportunity to kill Anakin, that means that Palpatine's own climactic battle with Yoda (all the way on the other side of the Galaxy) took place several hours prior to Kenobi's fight with Anakin (despite the way our game makes it look, hyperspace travel is not instantaneous).

Which means that if the books are right, that the movies suffer a serious case of temporal dissonance for their final battles which are depicted as occurring almost simultaneously...

Edited by XantosCledwin

Question... were the Novels intended to be considered Absolute Canon (i.e. are they Word of God), or are the Movies the Absolute Canon? Because if the Novels are correct and Obi Wan Kenobi is actually sensing the Emperor arriving on Mustafar before he has the opportunity to kill Anakin, that means that Palpatine's own climactic battle with Yoda (all the way on the other side of the Galaxy) took place several hours prior to Kenobi's fight with Anakin (despite the way our game makes it look, hyperspace travel is not instantaneous).

Which means that if the books are right, that the movies suffer a serious case of temporal dissonance for their final battles which are depicted as occurring almost simultaneously...

The movies/novels of movies= One and the same, the only difference being is the movie novels give more information on character thoughts, what is happening etc etc, its a pretty common thing with movies and their novelizations.

Another example of this, if you like...The Terminator.

In the movie, Kyle explains briefly over the T-800 whereas in the novelization of the Terminator, it goes a little more in depth. There is no error or anything, just the novel is adding on more information which is perfectly fine.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The movies/novels of movies= One and the same, the only difference being is the movie novels give more information on character thoughts, what is happening etc etc, its a pretty common thing with movies and their novelizations.

Another example of this, if you like...The Terminator.

In the movie, Kyle explains briefly over the T-800 whereas in the novelization of the Terminator, it goes a little more in depth. There is no error or anything, just the novel is adding on more information which is perfectly fine.

so basically Yoda's fight with Sidious takes place at least an hour (probably closer to 4 hours) prior to Kenobi's fight with Anakin on Mustafar... and somehow while on Coruscant, light years away from Mustafar, and at least an hour before it happened, both Yoda and Sidious could sense the fight between Kenobi and Anakin that had yet to even actually get started.... AND Palpatine could already determine the outcome of said fight....

yeah that's too many moving parts. What did George Lucas do? provide Matthew Stover with not just the script for the movie, but multiple in depth interviews with himself so that Matthew Stover could know exactly what was going to happen and how it was supposed to happen? If so, then why didn't George Lucas just write the Novel himself? It would have saved him money.

The only reason I am inclined to believe that this is even a possibility is because Yoda and Kenobi were in the Jedi Temple together before their respective fights. Yoda had far less distance to travel than Kenobi when getting to the Senate Tower to confront Palpatine when compared to Kenobi who had to travel by hyperspace to get to Mustafar. That said, Kenobi was traveling on a ship whose relative speed was probably comparable to the Millenium Falcon, while Palpatine's own ship was probably much slower.

Add to the fact that Palpatine was fighting one of the strongest Jedi the Council has ever produced who wasn't holding anything back, and based on the fact that there was probably a lot of editing magic done to make the fight look a lot shorter than it actually was... and Palpatine was probably fighting Yoda for at least as long as Kenobi and Anakin were fighting. So not only does he have longer travel time than Kenobi did, but he has to make up time lost while fighting Yoda.

Now we also have to take into consideration that Kenobi probably knew Palpatine was coming to the planet to begin with and had been keeping a look out with some sort of force power for any indication that Palpatine was on his way. So he probably knew exactly when Palpatine's ship entered hyperspace on the outer edges of the Coruscant system, or at the very least when it exited hyperspace on the outer edges of the Mustafar System. Either way he would have been well prepared to escape with Padme long before Palpatine made landfall.

But if none of this stuff were the case, if Kenobi had made even a slight error in timing. Then he would have been dead, as there was only one landing platform on that entire planet as near as I could tell.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Well by being the worst you wouldn't pass the trials and become Jedi/Sith.

So worst Jedi, that guy on Tython who asks you to lift a huge boulder, then complains that you helped without being asked to. He is weak and undiciplined, and a liar too.

Worst Sith, the idiot who tries to kill you on behalf of your rival in the Sith Warrior story, if he had killed you, his friend would still have killed him when the time came, what an idiot.

So worst Jedi, that guy on Tython who asks you to lift a huge boulder, then complains that you helped without being asked to. He is weak and undiciplined, and a liar too.

Worst Sith, the idiot who tries to kill you on behalf of your rival in the Sith Warrior story, if he had killed you, his friend would still have killed him when the time came, what an idiot.

Holy... dude.... your right! Though that girl and her gang (Teno was it) also may qualify under this category. And Eskila (I think that's her name) as well. Not to mention that one apprentice who the Inquisitor gets the privilege of being able to torture as one of his trials... You could also potentially include that guy and girl on Tython who were romantically involved (seriously if your going to pull that, do it outside the view of the entire Jedi Council).

Edited by XantosCledwin

How about Guss Tuno then?

Holy... dude.... your right! Though that girl and her gang (Teno was it) also may qualify under this category. And Eskila (I think that's her name) as well. Not to mention that one apprentice who the Inquisitor gets the privilege of being able to torture as one of his trials... You could also potentially include that guy and girl on Tython who were romantically involved (seriously if your going to pull that, do it outside the view of the entire Jedi Council).

How about Guss Tuno then?

All legitimate candidates for the worst Sith/Jedi.

Worst Jedi? Languss Tuno, the smuggler companion. Annoying, ugly, clumsy, and bad enough with the force to become a jedi dropout. You could argue that he never became a real jedi, but still. I hate him.

"I heal you with Jedi powers!" (uses a healing device)

Worst Sith? This was a hard question since I cant really remember any sith who were particularly bad failures.

I guess I say Darth Bane, since his rule of two was probably the most damaging thing to happen to Sith ever. (Not to mention unfathomably stupid)

Edited by Karkais

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.