The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming Darth Sion set - please adjust or remove shoulder pad.

Shoulder pad in the upcoming Sion armor is FREAKISHLY big. Yet another lore set ruined? We already got Bindo's armor with an awful sack on the back and now Sion's gets a Warcraft-like shoulder pad? Please, adjust it to be smaller or remove it. In fact, I don't remember Sion wearing it in KotOR 2 but only TFU2 and some art! And even there it was smaller by half.

Not to mention that this one does not future some kind of wrapping but appears to be literally screwed into the body. Really BAD looking.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/swtor-darth-sion-armor-freelancer-contractors-bounty-pack-male.jpg

Why are females always getting better looking and smaller shoulder pads?

On the other hand I like the new pants and there will be a lot use for them. Finally we get pants which are not skin-tight but appear to be loose and more appropriate for more traditional and simple Jedi/ Sith looks

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Looks about the same size as Darth Sion's and yes, they are using the Force Unleashed 2 edition of Sion. I think they chose this version of Sion to make him feel more evil. and to not make the chestpiece a carbon copy of a relaxed chest.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1259/swtfu22011081623210315.jpg

I would be more worried about Mandalore's Helm and the Cyborg Series 505 helmet not having a voice modulator.

Edited by Magnusheart

/shrug. For all we know they made it that way so it doesn't clip? I wouldn't rule out all possibilities here.

/sigh. Compare it with female versions. They always have so small shoulder pads! :( And yet they don't clip. They could just scale it to appropriate, less bulky size. This looks clumsy, weird and it's not far from a parody. You of all, who fought so much for getting proper Revan's robes appearance don't give a damn about Bioware ruining more iconic character sets? Son, I am disappoint.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/swtor-darth-sion-armor-freelancer-contractors-bounty-pack.jpg Here is teh female version if you're not familiar. It's much smaller and her head can fit in the pad just once. Don't take it too literally. :p In the male version, you can easily fit two heads in the pad. Unfortunatelly, it's the case of majority, if not all, armor equipped with pads. Girls get nicer and smaller looks.

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/GuardiansRenownedFront.png - these appear much bigger on body size 2

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Amiara-Fleet-Front.png - girls get small and subtle ones :(

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The picture you have posted... This shoulder pad is twice smaller than the one we're gonna get.

Eh, I'd say half as small.

Seems to be this strange thing that male characters absolutely must have massive shoulder pads when the get them. Masculinity thing?

Got on the PTR myself. and I see your point... However, Trust me on personal experience I highly doubt they would change it. I assumed it just looked bad for that body type.

Right now those crazy voodoo ceremonial headdresses clip through hoods instead of hiding the hood. And I know players will rage on end if Mandalore's and the new Cyborg helmet doesn't have a voice modulator.

But, as seen with the Eradicator's Mask and the literal dozens upon dozens of threads asking for a voice modulator. I shouldn't get my hopes up either.

Always going to be something BW refuses to fix. : /

I hope the other datamined cartel items will be better, SOA's EV armor, Yellow-Blue Yellow-Pink, Blue-Red/Red-Blue crystals.

Edited by Magnusheart

Got on the PTR myself. and I see your point... However, Trust me on personal experience I highly doubt they would change it. I assumed it just looked bad for that body type.

Right now those crazy voodoo ceremonial headdresses clip through hoods instead of hiding the hood. And I know players will rage on end if Mandalore's and the new Cyborg helmet doesn't have a voice modulator.

But, as seen with the Eradicator's Mask and the literal dozens upon dozens of threads asking for a voice modulator. I shouldn't get my hopes up either.

I hope the other datamined cartel items will be better, SOA's EV armor, Yellow-Blue Yellow-Pink, Blue-Red/Red-Blue crystals.

thanks for the tip, i found it. it appears that we'll also get this http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/1279.jpg. Quite horrible but... the body vest is kinda alright for dark siders. I just wish for more simple outfits and robes like this. with hood down, of course.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

in your spoiler, can i have a link to this data please?

away with that silly shoulderpad yes, ruins the entire set pretty much. at least add a sash to connect it to if it stays, so its not sown into the flesh.

Can't count on force unleashed 2 for council regarding anything, not even armor appearances. that game is as much of a joke as this shoulderpad.

Edited by Rhalius

Looks about the same size as Darth Sion's and yes, they are using the Force Unleashed 2 edition of Sion. I think they chose this version of Sion to make him feel more evil. and to not make the chestpiece a carbon copy of a relaxed chest.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1259/swtfu22011081623210315.jpg

I would be more worried about Mandalore's Helm and the Cyborg Series 505 helmet not having a voice modulator.

the shoulder pad in your link looks better tbh, i also was stuned when i saw the pads Bioware made LOL, just anothe poor design..

This armor is terrible, .... Darth Sion is one of the better lore characters and they don't even use what they have.

First, the shoulder path.... WoW?!! It look horrible big, rather have the one of FU is really necessary, still the KoToR2 look was way better.

Secondly, arm and leg wraps, where did you get that idea? it look .... weird

Please redesign this armor set, it's to bad to let it go to waste... even prices on the GTS are low for this armor set which shows it not very popular