Frustrating bounty hunter helper

Nkya

I had to reset the bounty hunter quests a many times while trying to freeze the target... it's becoming frustraging people shot on other's target without asking, without saying a word thenprevent the quest is done as intended. Each time I said them "stop", "don't do that", "go away", "leave me alone"... without result but just time waste for me.

Could the target be protected somehow, or the freezing option being removed.. because the human stupidity make it bugged?

Edited by Nkya

My recommendation is to make sure you have numbers showing on the health bars so that you can see when you are getting close to the percentage of health required for carbonite freezing, once you are close to that percentage you should move your mouse over the carbonite icon, then just click when the icon is useable and you should be able to get your target captured. This is how I've done it when others are around assisting and it's worked every time so far for me. Of course, if you're on a lower level character and they are higher level, it can be harder because they can kill your target too quickly, like when someone one-shot my target one day (I was going for the kill anyway).

It would be nice if those assisting would watch the health and stop attacking at 10% (or 5% for kingpins) so that the player who summoned the target can do whatever it is they're doing. That's how I do it when I assist others, I stop attacking once the target is near the percentage to be frozen so that I don't kill one that is meant to be frozen but not everyone thinks about that, they don't think (or don't care) about their fellow players.

Yeah, I did this to someone the other day.

They'd just helped me take down a bounty that had been having it's way with me and when they took their turn at the summon point, I hung around to help.

I absolutely unloaded on the target, partially because I'd been frustrated with it, but mostly because I don't use the carbonite method and so forget it's even an option.

After the target was dead the player ran over and 'bonked' me on the head. I asked in chat if they'd gotten the kill credit (as I thought I might have gotten the first damage in) and they told me they had, but they'd been going for a capture, not a kill.

I apologised and felt really bad. Thankfully they weren't an *** about it and told me not to worry.

But yeah. I don't know if I'd call it stupidity, it's just not an option I use...so I forget it's there. I'll try to be more careful in future.

When "helping" I do a few things to make sure I don't screw over the helpee...

One, turn off your companion so they don't unload on the target.

Two, I ask if it is a capture or kill. If they don't answer I assume capture which leads to....

Three, I stop doing anything but killing adds and healing the helpee once the target hits around 15% health.

Keeps me out of trouble.

People need to keep their weapons to themselves.

Unless someone asks for your help, leave them alone unless you can see that the player is actually going to die. Even then they might prefer to do it themselves.

I get that people are coming from a good place, but seriously, you shouldn't interfere in other people's fights unless you've been asked to. You may think you're a white knight, but actually it's just rude.

But as other people have said, just watch the percentage carefully and if other people are "helping", make sure you and your comp stop fighting and then just sit there and wait for the 10%. Might also be worth saying in chat before the fight starts "please stay the hell away from me" :p Or more politely "I am going for the carbonite, so please do not help me".

1. go alone and do it yourself and if crowded ask for not helping you.. works every time

2. if having help from people around, simply stop doing anything to the boss when he reach 20-25%, and move your mouse over "grayed out" carbonize button. Keep pressing it erratically till they wear the boss down to the point when it becomes available for use, and the moment it pops, you have done your carbonize mission as target becomes immune. Works in about 99% of cases, except if you are getting help from level 55 and you are level 15. In that case, its pretty much "oh i have blinked and missed time window to press carbonize button"...

Problem solved.

When "helping" I do a few things to make sure I don't screw over the helpee...

One, turn off your companion so they don't unload on the target.

Two, I ask if it is a capture or kill. If they don't answer I assume capture which leads to....

Three, I stop doing anything but killing adds and healing the helpee once the target hits around 15% health.

Keeps me out of trouble.

that's what I've been doing with other people.

I assume capture and act accordingly. if they go for kill anyways, then all good. and if they go for capture? even better.

it sucks though when not one, but 2 55ves decide to "help" you, when you are on lvl 21 :/ no spam clicking grenade will help against one shot. at least one of them was nice about it.

somewhat irrelevant side note. I find it somewhat amusing that kingpin bounties are actually easier to solo on low level characters. at this point I only have 2 kills and 1 capture left, so I've done them all. absolute easiest time that I had was on lvl 25 and lvl 21. we're talking no issues at all, not even a little bit, never dropped below 75% health.

on my 55 jugg, I actually died a few times and had to use stim, medpack, heroic moment and that ability that makes you and companion take less damage. didn't die on others, but I definitely had to work for it. lowbies? easy peasy :/

Agreed, I've found it easier on lowbies too in general.

I guess the 55's are scaled towards people wearing endgame purple gear, while the lower ones are probably scaled more towards blue gear.

The Presence bonus on your companion also makes a bigger impact at the lower levels IMO.

Edited by Callaron

I had the opposite experience : I helped someone, who got his or her opponent frozen - but simply went away, did not intend to help me, as well. I had to call a friend. (Level 55 in my case.)

On the other hand, someone helped me when I died as an untrained Bounty Hunter (yes, the class).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I had a major annoyance yesterday on Tatooine. A guy was asking for help in general, I was geared enough to solo him and had already solo'd him for the capture, but I figured I'd help him out. I whispered him and asked if he was capturing or killing, he said killing. I said OK, I'll help, but I only want kill. He agreed.

When we got there were several members of the other faction there and we got in to a handful of PvP skirmishes. Enough so that I ended up porting back to med center because of long rez timer. Well while i was running back I got the completion pop up while I was no wear near the target. I asked him to confirm if he killed or captured, he didn't answer, I finally made it too him and his toon was sitting there with a carbonite guy next to him.

I told him he was a jerk dropped group and added him my ignore list. Last time I bother helping someone out of the goodness of my heart (at least until my achievements are done, which will probably be tomorrow). Oh well, I was glad resetting it worked fine.