How is pvp on this server?

Aewu

usually i'll focus on objectives but there are a few instances where i've been guilty of ignoring them for the sake of deathmatching.

1) o'b'two is on the other team, i enjoy listening to his comments and the only way to do that is focusing him constantly

2) nillard is on the other team, i get a cookie every time he rage quits. :D

3) there are those times where i just want to kill people (because why else would bw give powertechs a spammable retractable blade unless they intended us to stab all teh things!)

hahahaha

Honestly, being that you run into the same people who look at guild tags, I transferred off this server, after all the people from Bastion transferred onto it (And I am very happy I did). I went to PoT5 and the Republic PvP is 100% better than the Republic PvP on this server. Be aware also of the guilds you get in, because you will have people chasing you around the WZ because your guild *** owned them in RWZ (they will take it out on all their unsuspecting members).

I am curious, what Bastion guilds are you saying transferred here? I haven't noticed any Bastion guilds coming here. Also, today I played lvl 30s toons on pot5. Playing with my imperial toon, most of the other players seemed competent, and all the games we played were imp v imp. I then played pub side and it was some of the most terrible PvP I have ever played in this game. There were like 2x less people in the PvP section on fleet, and when I asked if it was always like this and at 55 too, the response was "Pretty much, every day of the week except Tuesday. " Some investigation into the server forums and some convos with EH people who have toons there also proved that there is an obvious extreme faction imbalance in reg wzs on Pot5. Ranked is obviously competitive because of it's nature, but not imp-pub reg wzs.

There are also solo many ragequiters there.

I am curious, what Bastion guilds are you saying transferred here? I haven't noticed any Bastion guilds coming here. Also, today I played lvl 30s toons on pot5. Playing with my imperial toon, most of the other players seemed competent, and all the games we played were imp v imp. I then played pub side and it was some of the most terrible PvP I have ever played in this game. There were like 2x less people in the PvP section on fleet, and when I asked if it was always like this and at 55 too, the response was "Pretty much, every day of the week except Tuesday. " Some investigation into the server forums and some convos with EH people who have toons there also proved that there is an obvious extreme faction imbalance in reg wzs on Pot5. Ranked is obviously competitive because of it's nature, but not imp-pub reg wzs.

There are also solo many ragequiters there.

It's been the complete opposite for me there, I have found that a good majority of the idiot players run Imperials and most of the time when they are winning in PvP is when some event is hosted for open world (more Imp players than Republic). As far as those guilds the two, I have been in and transferred my Imp toons over to Ebon Hawke has been Sadistic Vengence players and Decadence (I was in both guilds on Bastion), they have done very well in Ranked and WZ on both servers on Bastion and those that transferred over are still doing well, when they do get a pop.

Edited by Tonev

A lot of the players joined a Imp guild (Having a brain fart) I know it starts with a "M" on Ebon Hawke, I joined Inconceivable guild with my Republic player as I have stopped playing my Operative. I'll get the name of guild when I log back in but they don't have the same name as the one on Bastion.

Back on track, I like this server but again the que pops for me if you are doing PvP did not come fast enough and when they did the Republic side players seemed to be severely incompetent (At least from 1-30).

Edited by Tonev

A lot of the players joined a Imp guild (Having a brain fart) I know it starts with a "M" on Ebon Hawke, I joined Inconceivable guild with my Republic player as I have stopped playing my Operative. I'll get the name of guild when I log back in but they don't have the same name as the one on Bastion.

Back on track, I like this server but again the que pops for me if you are doing PvP did not come fast enough and when they did the Republic side players seemed to be severely incompetent (At least from 1-30).

Project Mayhem? If you mean 10-29, then MvP?

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of opening a new thread...what about faction balance? I get that people are claiming dedicated or talented PvP players have been drained but curious about faction and how Warzones typically go.

Where I am currently, half your team may just up and quit within 20 secs if they are A)Losing or B)If they aren't going to be carried by a premade to victory. Thanks.

Instead of opening a new thread...what about faction balance?

I really have barely played but a handful of nights over the past three weeks, but it seems like there are more imps in general. But everyone likes to be carried. Seems to just depend on which side is running premades (and carrying pugs) at a given time. If I start winning a few games on rep side, all of a sudden we get a string of rep-rep games. I'm sure its the same over on imp side. Very few people here will keep queuing up following a couple losses.

I really have barely played but a handful of nights over the past three weeks, but it seems like there are more imps in general. But everyone likes to be carried. Seems to just depend on which side is running premades (and carrying pugs) at a given time. If I start winning a few games on rep side, all of a sudden we get a string of rep-rep games. I'm sure its the same over on imp side. Very few people here will keep queuing up following a couple losses.

Thank you for your response!

Thank you for your response!

Since your sig says pot5 I'll give you this. The crying and whining here a a lot less than over there, trash talking too. You get more tears in lowbies than 55's but over all it's not so bad. You get way fewer quitters too maybe more on the imp side than pub but not a whole lot either way. Imp ques hit faster, my personal win percentage is probably about the same on both sides though.

Teams are hit and miss either way. Both sides have good players and there's times you wonder if they even have a mouse and keyboard attached to their computer.

To make it simple, I have a lot of fun in wz's here and that's really all that counts.

To make it simple, I have a lot of fun in wz's here and that's really all that counts.

Very nicely said and I agree. That's kind of why I like to look around at servers besides my own. Don't get me wrong, I think POT5 has a lot of great players and good people but I don't know if I am having as much fun as I could there when I have to put up with constant belittling of people and people wishing death upon others just because they broke a CC or something.

I am of the firm belief that I would rather play in a fun environment, even if not as competitive, with a good/strong community rather than on a server where everyone is "the best". I do get the feeling that this server has a better community overall, but I could be wrong and that is why I wanted to check on the forums. I realize not all come to the forums but I've gotten nice responses here and a PM or two.

I originally asked about faction balance simply because I have 1 of every IMP toon except a merc and thought a change of faction and server would be a nice way to spice it up. I wasn't sold on transferring just yet, not until I got over here and saw for myself and that may be the route I end up going.

Again, thanks for the responses back from you all on this server. It seems like a really nice place overall, with the exception of a few I'm sure :p

Edited by Master_Nate