Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Pot5 Republuc Players

Ranautus

To all my fellow republic players, not sure if there are any Imperials out that there that feel this way but if so I welcome you to join in as well.

I want to first start off by reminding you guys that this is a PVP server, to not fully arm yourself for PVP is just out right insanity, to not become knowledgeable of the objectives in PVP is insanity. The tools given to all of us via this forum and tutorials in game are more than enough to begin with.

I have seen guides on here discussing HOW TO PVP and HOW TO PLAY OBJECTIVELY rather than joining a match and thinking this is an all out team death match. I always see people complain on fleet about how bad our pvper's are and tbh the IMPERIALS have just as many bads as the REPUBLICS the only difference is they communicate, they have more premades, and they play objectively. NOT SAYING that all my republic players are bad players just speaking to the select few who WILL NOT try to be better themselves and rely on everyone else to carry them.

I seen the sadest thing today in open world pvp. I was challenging 3 Imperial players who interfered with my Bounty now I'm not mad at this at all in fact I welcome it, but what I don't get is how a fellow 55 can ride by and just keep running scared?? I was getting the better of 2 of them and if he had stopped we would have blasted them.

Now know this is just one occasion, but I have seen this happen plenty of times and it's usually on my Republic player I see this on. When I play my Imperial char AIN'T NONE OF THIS LOL! They play for keeps it's a PVP server and if you see red they're DEAD end of discussion. I wont however condone the lowbie camping for those who intentionally do it. That's just out right trolling.

But back to what I was saying (think i rambled a little bit there meh) I have been in this game since launch and beta, and no my presence on forums is not as crazed as many others, but I would like to see the level of gameplay be uplifted. We should be challenging at all times. IMPERIALS AND REPUBLICS alike. I know it's boring as heck to play on my Imperial and go win 50 matches in a row in PVP cause my premade is just uncontested by the other faction.

So in ending this is not a global complaint for those who will read this and be like blah, blah, blah, blah,blah..... If your a competitor like me you should want to see more of this and see your fellow competitors be challenging now rollover boys and girls who just turn around and bend over for your pleasuring.

For all those who read and respond accordingly I thank you in advance and hope to see you all on the battlefields of pvp and arenas in the oncoming months.

Qairoc-Guardian

Ara'cael a.k.a. Cor'iaq-Juggernaut

Pot5

Edited by Ranautus

I've heard about imps who would just leave other imps to die at the hands of pubs.

I also keep running across lvl 55 pubs not wearing PvP gear in daily areas. As you said, this is PvP server, so I'd imagine that wearing PvP gear in shared areas would be common sense.

Yeah it's crazy bro. I can't do it lol. If I see a fellow in need no matter which side I'm on I jump in. Even when I was lvl 20 and seen 50's fighting on Alderaan I'd jump in cause all dps helps :p But yeah I would just like to see people play collectively and be more competitive rather than just rolling over and let the game pass you by. You bought the game for a reason so play it to the fullest of its ability! It's not a bad game and they aspects of pvp aren't horrible. The game is made horrible by the community, and those who lack the ambition to do something about it.

I've heard about imps who would just leave other imps to die at the hands of pubs.

I also keep running across lvl 55 pubs not wearing PvP gear in daily areas. As you said, this is PvP server, so I'd imagine that wearing PvP gear in shared areas would be common sense.

Honestly, I think that expertise shouldn't exist at all, nor even bolstering.

There should only exist "gear" (consider it as you wish) and the strongest ones would be, of course, those who dedicate the most to the game.

Honestly, I think that expertise shouldn't exist at all, nor even bolstering.

There should only exist "gear" (consider it as you wish) and the strongest ones would be, of course, those who dedicate the most to the game.

then this game would be a gear2win joke. im sorry but how long does it take to get your pvp set? 2 days, 3 if your casual about it? how long does it take to get the top pve set and no one is going to pvp without that, this game would die faster than Forge. go play sto if you want to see how well pvp does in a game that does not separate gear your allowed to PVP in from pve gear.

then this game would be a gear2win joke. im sorry but how long does it take to get your pvp set? 2 days, 3 if your casual about it? how long does it take to get the top pve set and no one is going to pvp without that, this game would die faster than Forge. go play sto if you want to see how well pvp does in a game that does not separate gear your allowed to PVP in from pve gear.

There are plenty of MMOs through out the years that have had gear is gear models and done well. SWG was a perfect example.

Expertise is not needed and raid gear is not needed. Gear should be gear and it should be primarily player crafted not purchased from an NPC vendor.

This would encourage more peeps to PVP and PVE, IMHO. Especially when both activities reward players with items that help players achieve the best gear.

The PVP / PVE gear model is just a mechanic for lazy companies to perpetuate the grind model of game play. Something they claim is content.

You watch, I bet when 2.4 comes out everyone's gear will be totally nerfed again like they did to WH gear.

I wouldn't mind if they removed expertise from the game but changed pvp by not rewarding anything for losing that way pvpers actually have to win to earn their gear. Would cut down on the casual baddies that plague the queue and would allow those that win at pvp to get gear equal to end game raid gear.

I don't think so... as you said, PvP gear is plain simple and easy to get, on the other hand "normal" PvE gear is not.

So... those with the resources, time and dedication would be the ones that are more powerful.

I don't think so... as you said, PvP gear is plain simple and easy to get, on the other hand "normal" PvE gear is not.

So... those with the resources, time and dedication would be the ones that are more powerful.

If you cant put aside the time it takes to get a pvp set you are clearly on the wrong server my friend and i would go as far to say playing the wrong kind of game as well, i recommend dota2.

As for swtor no longer issuing a free pve set complete with milk and yoda shaped cookies for you well thats simply not my problem buddy.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I never cared to PvP, nor was I aware of which type of server I would be rolling on when I first joined the game. Joined a friend's pre-registered guild, in June months and months before the beta *shrug*

I think what I'll do is wear what I would like to wear, where I would like to wear it :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.