PVP daily/weekly changes on the PTS

MeRRR

PvP missions have been updated such that no longer require Warzone wins, and missions advance by two points for a Warzone win. New requirements are as follows:

Under level 55 Daily PvP missions: 2 completed Warzones

Under level 55 Weekly PvP missions: 5 completed Warzones

Level 55 Daily PvP missions: 4 completed Warzones

Level 55 Weekly PvP missions: 15 completed Warzones

This just in: you don't have to PVP to finish the PVP missions, just join a few matches and walk away.

This just in: you don't have to PVP to finish the PVP missions, just join a few matches and walk away.

Well technically you only needed wins for the weekly PvP quest. The dailies already considered a lose as 1 game and a win as 2. So you could AFK your way to the daily...

This is a good change... Its going to DECREASE leaving a game on a huge level...

Possibly true, but people already join warzones and then do not contribute to the team effort of actually WINNING.

So people won't leave, great. That does not mean they will try to compete.

And its going to INCREASE the number of people that give up at the first sign of defeat and just sit at their controlled node.

Rewarding non-competitive play is not a good thing to do.

Kinda agree with this. You go from having someone leave which will hopefully backfill someone who wants to play to having someone AFK and get rewarded...

We're at the point where everyone gets rewarded for trying now which is such a terrible way to go through life.

Kinda agree with this. You go from having someone leave which will hopefully backfill someone who wants to play to having someone AFK and get rewarded...

We're at the point where everyone gets rewarded for trying now which is such a terrible way to go through life.

The Participation Trophy Generation

And its going to INCREASE the number of people that give up at the first sign of defeat and just sit at their controlled node.

Rewarding non-competitive play is not a good thing to do.

There's nothing you can do to make quitters play to the best of their ability. Too many MMO players only play these games for the bit of happy their get when they get new gear. Those folks do not and will never care about competitive play.

This change, in practice, means that those servers with a serious faction imbalance won't see as much of a disparity.

This is akin to removing ranked 8v8, whereas it is trying to make pvp more accessible. I understand and do approve of this logic. More people playing pvp is a good thing.

But do not remove rewards for actually winning. Do not remove incentives from an already almost fruitless facet of the game.

So frickin sad. I'm glad I grew up when I did where you had to earn things and didn't get everything handed to you.

Same, Im just old enough I think to have avoided the participation trophy lol.

And I remember back in Little League, at the end of the year all the players got a little trophy, but the 1st place team got these huge wicked awesome trophies.

Too many people equate fairness to equal outcomes, not equal opportunities.

Winning = faster daily and more pvp commendations.

Anyway I will put it this way. Its going to give me way less headache thinking I need to finish the daily for this week to.

PS. Don't need incentives to win... I always do my best as I HATE to lose...

Edited by Xanas

So frickin sad. I'm glad I grew up when I did where you had to earn things and didn't get everything handed to you.

Yeah at my sons 6-7yr old basketball league they tried telling me that they do not keep score. Whats the point of even playing if not for competition. So I brought my own flip scoreboard and sit in the middle of the bleachers and keep score for the kids. Most of which enjoy it. The only people that have problem with it is the league itself. The few parents that have said negative things to me I politely explain my kid will earn his victory and awards the correct way and not be handed a participation trophy. So I allowed him to smash his participation trophy with a hammer. Thoroughly enjoyable to watch and he enjoyed it too.

Winning = faster daily and more pvp commendations.

Anyway I will put it this way. Its going to give me way less headache thinking I need to finish the daily for this week to.

PS. Don't need incentives to win... I always do my best as I HATE to lose...

Sadly there are very few people that feel this same way.

Which is part of the problem.

Wow, bringing socio-political complaints into a discussion regarding a video game. Not even good socio-political complaints either, if I have to hear one more older person complaining that young people are lazy I may go insane. At least try to be original with your "society is going downhill" spew.

I'm happy for the changes. Winning is still preferable (extra comms and games played credit) but you're not screwed if your entire faction decides to be bad for the whole Monday afternoon and you lose every game. A lot of people were complaining about the giant wins requirement and more will be happy than sad about this change.

Wow, bringing socio-political complaints into a discussion regarding a video game. Not even good socio-political complaints either, if I have to hear one more older person complaining that young people are lazy I may go insane. At least try to be original with your "society is going downhill" spew.

I'm happy for the changes. Winning is still preferable (extra comms and games played credit) but you're not screwed if your entire faction decides to be bad for the whole Monday afternoon and you lose every game. A lot of people were complaining about the giant wins requirement and more will be happy than sad about this change.

I'm not saying anything about anyone being lazy but trivializing the game and making it more and more casual is stupid imo. Yes there are plenty of the casual crowed but now there really is no player accountability anymore after this change. You lost the game? No worries, don't try to improve you are one game closer to completing your daily.

Quick question. I enable PTS access from the launcher. But I'm unable to do the next step. [choose the environment]

Is the PTS fully up? FIrst time really messing with the PTS. I already did the char. copy

idk...but mine has been on "Installing Main Assets 81 (0%)" for about an hour.....le sigh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.