Mortar Volley...

Couver

Please, for the love of God, can the animation to this please get changed? It drives me nuts to shoot mortars from a blaster rifle or assault cannon. It needs to be changed to have the appearance of actually calling in mortar strike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortar_(weapon)

Hey you!

Common sense!

Get out!

What's so common sense about it? The skill clearly says mortar volley yet it shoots what I guess are grenades from the barrel of a blaster rifle or assault cannon. I don't see a M203 mounted on the under barrel.

Nice try, kiddos!

Edited by Couver

This is Star Wars, not Call of Duty.

Besides, my question to BW is if we have fire support, as Republic Special Forces we'd have more at our disposal than a paltry mortar. :rak_03:

There's nothing paltry about 81mm mortars. I know first hand.

Rage on Havoc Squad

Stumped? It's ok.

Edited by Couver

Besides, my question to BW is if we have fire support, as Republic Special Forces we'd have more at our disposal than a paltry mortar. :rak_03:

I'd call mortars decent support any day. But I agree calling in a mortar strike would make more sense than lobbing them from a rifle.

But then again it would make more sense to throw a grenade more than 10m aswell. >.>

Ugh, it's a game.

Mortar rounds aren't that short of range anyway (M203s aren't really either). It's just a name for a skill, get over it.

This is like the glow stick players who are mad that lightsabers can't cut through armor like butter, or snipers that think the 30m max range should be increased to 1000m. There have to be some unrealistic limitations to keep this a game.

If you want it realistic, step away from the computer and call your local recruiter.

Edited by Kerensk

Ugh, it's a game.

Mortar rounds aren't that short of range anyway (M203s aren't really either). It's just a name for a skill, get over it.

This is like the glow stick players who are mad that lightsabers can't cut through armor like butter, or snipers that think the 30m max range should be increased to 1000m. There have to be some unrealistic limitations to keep this a game.

If you want it realistic, step away from the computer and call your local recruiter.

This...

They should have the animation of calling in a mortar strike from the helmet, like when you call in a repair droid!

OMG..!!! where are your priorities...:eek:

Pleeeease.... no more big ones.. :rolleyes: Running around with one of those monsters on my back looked terribly silly... and after every use, Aric Jorgan had to put my spine back into place.. :o

Thank goodness they bought out the crossbow on the Cartel... I don't care if it's not the strongest one I can buy and I couldn't careless if it has to shoot out elephants...:eek:

It looks great and folds away perfectly every time.... now really - what more can you ask for... :p

Jaz...

When compared to other forms of indirect fire or CAS, the only thing not paltry about the 81 is lugging the base plate or tube.

The name of the skill is called "Mortar Volley". All I'm asking for is to have the animation changed to match what the skill actually is. You're going way out there in a completely different discussion.

Range has nothing to do with it. The animation could be changed to simulate calling in a mortar strike for the channeled duration. I could call a mortar strike to hit 10 feet in front of me. That doesn't mean the range of the mortars is 10 feet.
They should have the animation of calling in a mortar strike from the helmet, like when you call in a repair droid!

Someone else that gets it. Thank you.

Edited by Couver

• 2 weeks later...
The name of the skill is called "Mortar Volley". All I'm asking for is to have the animation changed to match what the skill actually is. You're going way out there in a completely different discussion.Range has nothing to do with it. The animation could be changed to simulate calling in a mortar strike for the channeled duration. I could call a mortar strike to hit 10 feet in front of me. That doesn't mean the range of the mortars is 10 feet.

Someone else that gets it. Thank you.

Or maybe call it a different name like auto grenade volley ?

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh, it's a game.

But all those other examples you just listed would actually unbalance and generally mess up the game-play.

All we want is a change of animation.

i really love this class I'm a new trooper but a old Merc and i have to say the trooper animation are all terrible compared to the merc's. (mortar volley /death from above) the merc wins hands down (demolition round /heat seeker )again merc's win9 win hands down i could keep going but these are the big stand outs

so if you are getting less tracers missiles to the face thank Havoc :)

sorry for my grammar