Increase Max Deployable Companion Already

alpatalik

So, we all can have 2 bonus (hk + treek) companions on top of 6 (5 companions from storyline + ship droid) total companions on all our chars. But the max deployable limit hasn't been increased from 5. So, even if you have all possible companions (8), u can only send 5 companions to crew skill missions while you can only use 1 with you while PvEing and 2 companions are totally useless.

I can write a very long essay about how this is not enough and it should be increased. But we all know the arguments and what's logical and what not. So, I'm gonna skip to the end and leave you with the bottom line:

"BIOWARE! Increase Max Deployable Companion Already"

Crafting was designed and balanced around 5 companions at max level. Adding in more usable companions would not only change the in game economy (which is already bad enough) but it would also be unfair to those who don't want the other two companions (for whatever reason).

My thoughts are at least allow us to deploy six. The two extra companions are great and all but while I do FPs or OPs or anything with a max group I should be allowed to deploy my 6th character.

If you think about it this would encourage large groups to be formed which is the basis for this game's true nature.

Now having two extra companions deployable would wreck havoc at the game's economy but they can set controls in place to avoid that. I always say that those who want to use it will find a way.

Crafting was designed and balanced around 5 companions at max level. Adding in more usable companions would not only change the in game economy (which is already bad enough) but it would also be unfair to those who don't want the other two companions (for whatever reason).

Actually, that's not correct. If only we were allowed 1 char per server than your argument might be acceptable but we can have upto 22 chars per servers and it means 110 companions deployable. So, it's never balanced on 5 companions only.

At the moment, I have 8 chars with 5x deployable each. I can use 40 companions simultaneously, yet it's just too much relogging for its own good sometimes. I have finished HK storyline with 3 of my chars (full quest-line done to help friends after the 1st one) and already have my first Treek. It feels a complete waste when I have 8 companions and I can only use 5 of them.

No need for neither Treek nor HK-51 to send a sixth companion. Everybody has the ship droid, which gains affection like any other companion and its effectiveness can be increased with the legacy droid parts

I'm curious why do you say the economy is bad. Some say everything is cheap and money is easy to get and we need more money sinks. Other say "stop with the money sinks already"

I don't think the impact would be all that much, but they could at least compromise and not have crafting count against deployment. Only gathering missions should count against deployment.

Yes, you can have multiple characters, and if each of those characters has an extra 2 companions running missions it would cause a rapid drop in resource prices from where it currently is.

Everything right now is balanced around that max 5. Everything is currently stable (well, as stable as this crafting system can get). On top of that, most players don't even send out 5 companions on missions unless they are leveling up a crew/mission skill. Of my 10 characters I might have 2 of each running specific missions for specific artifact level components. It is a waste of time and credits to send crew members out on missions that aren't going to return what I need.

And if you had 6 or 7 companions crafting, it would flood the market further depressing those prices as well. Just look at how quickly stim prices dropped when they increased the amount made per queue for a prime example of what we would see across the board. If my Cybertech had 7 crew members crafting QT-10 parts I'd see 35 Mk-9 Augmentation slot components every 24 minutes or so which I could turn into 3.5 Augmentation kits which would again flood the market and take one of the few credit makers away from Cybertech.

For every change to crafting there is an effect on the game economy. It is in the best interests of crafters to have a stable economy, and quite frankly increasing the flood of goods and resources into the economy would destabilize it to the detriment of every single one of us.

If my Cybertech had 7 crew members crafting QT-10 parts I'd see 35 Mk-9 Augmentation slot components every 24 minutes or so which I could turn into 3.5 Augmentation kits which would again flood the market and take one of the few credit makers away from Cybertech.

35 slot components mean 140 greens. How many gatherers do you need to get 140 greens from scavenging every 24 minutes ? Those missions take between 35 and 40 minutes and the best one will give 10 on crit. You can't realistically keep up with 5 peeps craftings parts all the time let alone 7. Having one or two more companions to craft won't have the impact you're talking about.

Edited by wainot-keel

I'm sorry for those who don't acquire the two optional, key word, optional. Companion characters. Really. But... guess what?

If I fork out the time or the coin or both, for the companion increase, I expect my total send-out-limit to increase with the increase of total companions.

When Makeb came out, I fully expected the limit to increase to 6, alongside the level boost, as that is how it seemed to work as we level'd pre-makeb. So... now "they" continue adding more companions, it is only natural that the limit is boosted by your totals, always leaving 1 "useless" and 1 to be used when solo. (allowing choice, I guess, for lack of logic or other way of thinking).

- if - this is not possible, then please... incorperate a system where we can boost the usefulness of our crew members, much in the way we can give my Protocol droid a boost to craft skills through Legacy; why not grant the same boosts for our "stock" companions? If I'm limited to 5 send outs... let me increase their chances of being useful in all aspects; through gathering of ANY skill *I* choose or craft *I* choose.

Keep the default stats... but I'll be darned I couldn't, as Dark lord of the Sith, convince my own minions to pick up new skills...

35 slot components mean 140 greens. How many gatherers do you need to get 140 greens from scavenging every 24 minutes ? Those missions take between 35 and 40 minutes and the best one will give 10 on crit. You can't realistically keep up with 5 peeps craftings parts all the time let alone 7. Having one or two more companions to craft won't have the impact you're talking about.

No, 35 components mean 35 greens each of which takes 4.5 minutes, give or take, which can then be used to make 3.5 kits.

You get components from REing crafted greens and use 10 of them to craft a kit.

My math is correct.

No, 35 components mean 35 greens each of which takes 4.5 minutes, give or take, which can then be used to make 3.5 kits.

You get components from REing crafted greens and use 10 of them to craft a kit.

My math is correct.

I'm talking about the mats required to craft the parts. You need mats.

Last time I checked, 1 droid part wich provides 1 component, takes 2 compounds and 2 metals from scavenging. That means 4 green mats, so for 35 components you need 140 green mats (70 compounds and 70 metals). You seem to be ignoring the simple fact that you need to farm those mats (I'm not considering the white stuff from crew skill vendor ) How many gatherers you need to provide those in 24 minutes ? You burn through those mats much faster that you can get them so it doesn't really matter if you can craft the droids parts in 10 minutes or in 2.