No Presence buff from Treek?

Paelo

If it's so embarrassing, why did you buy it?.

So I could wear it around my shoulders. Another stupid question? Or maybe you could read the posts.

The Presence bonus is not for maxing affection, it's for maxing affection and doing every single conversation with the companion. As others have said, Treek is not on that list. Neither is HK. Neither is the ship droid.

HK didn't come with a price tag, which is why I didn't mind not having the affection bonus.

So you simply assumed rather than verifying before you bought it.

Yes I know. I made the mistake of thinking that maybe some forethought would have been put into making it worth the players while in paying 1mil in credits for it.

So I could wear it around my shoulders. Another stupid question?

If you have one, I'm all virtual ears. I don't judge.

Or maybe you could read the posts.

So you admit you wasted 2100 CC? Thanks for supporting the game so I can enjoy it.

HK didn't come with a price tag, which is why I didn't mind not having the affection bonus.

Is Treek in the legacy list of companions which give a bonus? Are you just trolling?

Yes I know. I made the mistake of thinking that maybe some forethought would have been put into making it worth the players while in paying 1mil in credits for it.

No, you made the mistake of making an unwarranted assumption. Whatever floats yer boat.

Edited by branmakmuffin

We also didn't have to PAY for HK. He was free.

You can do the quest to obtain HK-51. You can also PAY to unlock him on subsequent characters. Guess what HK-51 doesn't provide the presence bonus, even if you PAY to get him on an alt.

So:

Paying for HK-51 does not grant the presence bonus.

The only companions that grant the presence bonus are class specific companions.

Treek is NOT a class specific companion.

There was nothing to indicate that you were purchasing a companion that would grant the presence bonus, or anything more than a companion.

Yeah, I guess ASSUMING that Treek would grant the presence bonus in the face of all that evidence that she wouldn't is perfectly reasonable, and those "fanbois" are out of their minds for pointing out that it should it have been obvious that there would be no presence bonus.

Not really anything else appealing about having her on crew.

I wouldn't say that. I mean you're talking about a companion that can not only Tank and heal but can Tank and Heal at the same time.

You can do the quest to obtain HK-51. You can also PAY to unlock him on subsequent characters. Guess what HK-51 doesn't provide the presence bonus, even if you PAY to get him on an alt. .

If you can't be bothered doing the quest, and even then, at a much smaller price.

Paying for HK-51 does not grant the presence bonus..

It was an OPTION. If you couldn't be bothered doing the quest. Not to mention he doesn't cost as much. Treek has only one option. Fork out 1 million credits.

The only companions that grant the presence bonus are class specific companions.

None of which cost us a million credits.

Treek is NOT a class specific companion.

Yet she does come with a hefty price tag.

Yeah, I guess ASSUMING that Treek would grant the presence bonus in the face of all that evidence that she wouldn't is perfectly reasonable, and those "fanbois" are out of their minds for pointing out that it should it have been obvious that there would be no presence bonus.

Hardly. Without some reason to justify the 1 million credit fee, it boils down to either Bioware being epic trolls and sticking an absurd price tag on a companion that in no way warrants such a hefty price.

Or an unashamed credit sink packaged in the form of a companion.

In either case, I thought that a team that gets payed to put half decent content in the game would have managed to make it worth the fee. Clearly that wasn't the case however.

Edited by Paelo

I wouldn't say that. I mean you're talking about a companion that can not only Tank and heal but can Tank and Heal at the same time.

woohoo. No really, stay there, let me go find some fireworks and streamers...

I don't see anywhere it says we 'won't' receive the buff, which has up until this point been a stock standard thing when you max out a companions affection. Not to mention a small bonus to ask for the absurd cost of her.

Hk does not have it treek will not it is only the base companions

woohoo. No really, stay there, let me go find some fireworks and streamers...

Your sardonic response aside, yeah it is kinda firework worthy. It easily can be the replacement for 90% of the companions currently being used just due to the fact that it is a Tank AND a healing companion rolled into one. Not to mention a healer that you can get by level 10 vs some of the classes in the game having to wait until nearly the end if not the end of chapter 2 to get a healer. So yeah, while it may not thrill you, for a lot of people this companion IS firework worthy..really! So you can go ahead and cut the condescension routine right there and NOT act like a doody canoe.

Your sardonic response aside, yeah it is kinda firework worthy. It easily can be the replacement for 90% of the companions currently being used just due to the fact that it is a Tank AND a healing companion rolled into one. Not to mention a healer that you can get by level 10 vs some of the classes in the game having to wait until nearly the end if not the end of chapter 2 to get a healer. So yeah, while it may not thrill you, for a lot of people this companion IS firework worthy..really! So you can go ahead and cut the condescension routine right there and NOT act like a doody canoe.

90%...good to see you're not exaggerating.

It's no better at healing than the healers, so it sure as hell doesn't replace them, and most of the players I know, myself included, tend to roll with either a heal or dps companion. Occasionally maybe a tank.

So enjoy your pointless companion, just don't expect the same level of needless excitement from me.

So after paying a small fortune for what is, after Gungans, the most embarrassing race ever to land in the Star Wars universe to become our new companion, and using a whole bunch of companion reputation gifts on her, it turns out there's no +10 Presence buff for maxing out affection with Treek -____-

Is this a bug/can we expect a fix for it?

#1 - if you find Ewoks "embarrassing" and you didn't have extra credits to spare, then why did you buy the companion in the first place?

#2 - we have NEVER received a +10 presence bonus for all maxed out companions. Read the tooltip. You only get the bonus for each of the 5 types of companions. For example, if you hit max affection with Mako, then you won't get +10 for any other healer companions that you subsequently max out on affection.

#1 - if you find Ewoks "embarrassing" and you didn't have extra credits to spare, then why did you buy the companion in the first place?

#2 - we have NEVER received a +10 presence bonus for all maxed out companions. Read the tooltip. You only get the bonus for each of the 5 types of companions. For example, if you hit max affection with Mako, then you won't get +10 for any other healer companions that you subsequently max out on affection.

Ok, so there is something I CAN say.

No, the unique bonuses you are talking about are for the healing, crit, etc bonuses and the extended Heroic Moment.

You DO get a +10 Presence for every unique companion who's storyline you finish completely - and my Legacy has the +400 (500 thanks to a Human) to prove it, as do many others here on the boards.

Probably you've gotten more presence than you know from it as well - since I imagine you have a few 50's with maxed companions.

Edited by Callaron

#1 - if you find Ewoks "embarrassing" and you didn't have extra credits to spare, then why did you buy the companion in the first place?.

Well, Mr too lazy to read the posts in the thread he's decided to post in. Under the now obviously mistaken belief that Bioware would have made her at least partially worth the hefty 1 million credit fee by giving her the ability to provide a once off +10 presence buff to characters in your legacy.

#

#2 - we have NEVER received a +10 presence bonus for all maxed out companions. Read the tooltip. You only get the bonus for each of the 5 types of companions..

Thankyou for displaying how far up your own colon your head is lodged at the moment. See bellow for more details...

For example, if you hit max affection with Mako, then you won't get +10 for any other healer companions that you subsequently max out on affection.

Actually, no. That's not correct. What you wouldn't get is the other passive boost that comes from reaching max affection with each companion class type.

You do get a once off +10 presence for EACH different companion at max affection. I know because I have all fou base class types on both factions with max'd out affection.

So after paying a small fortune for what is, after Gungans, the most embarrassing race ever to land in the Star Wars universe to become our new companion, and using a whole bunch of companion reputation gifts on her, it turns out there's no +10 Presence buff for maxing out affection with Treek -____-

Is this a bug/can we expect a fix for it?

You don't get a +10 presence bonus for maxing out affection on a companion. You get a +10 presence bonus for finishing class specific companion stories. That is why you don't get a +10 bonus for HK or the ship droid. They are not class specific companions. Since you don't get them for HK or the ship droid, you don't get it for Treek either.

So in lew of having a valid point you try to turn to absurdities in their extreme :rolleyes: It also doesn't say there won't be a chocolate covered rainbow outside my door after I purchase her, and I don't expect that.

But as the bulk of the other companions all provide a +10 bonus with their affection, it's hardly in the realm of absurd extremes to think maybe, just maybe they'd have done the same with Treek now is it.

Well then those expecting to pay for a worthless companion will be satisfied.

The other shared companion does not give the presence bonus, so the expectation is that no shared companion...no matter the cost...will give the presence bonus.

The presence bonus is tied to class companions. HK and Ewok are not class companions. The expectation for anyone with basic reasoning skills is exactly as it is...no bonus.

If the worth of the companion is tied up in a meaningless +10 presence bonus, it is you who have a problem not the people who knew what they were getting.

Well, Mr too lazy to read the posts in the thread he's decided to post in. Under the now obviously mistaken belief that Bioware would have made her at least partially worth the hefty 1 million credit fee by giving her the ability to provide a once off +10 presence buff to characters in your legacy.

Didn't bother to look at the legacy companion panel and note Treek's absence there, then couldn't be bothered to wait for some kind of confirmation. Who's lazy, exactly? And you bought it with creds. Makes me think even more that you are just trolling, since for someone with legacy 40+, 1 mil creds is nothing.

But watching you spit into the wind is pretty funny. Rage on (or troll on, whichever one you are doing).