Build Switching

lordnathanial

Hello all I am about to hit 40 on my deception sin and I am (of course planning on) grinding out two sets of armor one for dps and one for tanking. My question is...is it really worth having two sets before I get to 55? Or am I going to be able to learn the darkness tree running on my dps armor and switching out a shield generator. Thanks in advance.

Why even bother with gear at all before reaching max level?

Thanks for reassuring what I was thinking. I picked up the field respect skill and need to learn the darkness and I wanted to be sure getting 2 sets of gear early on was a waste of time. Thanks again

what do you want to do with it?

if you want to tank Group PVE stuff (Flashpoints&Operations) you need tankstuff as a Assassins or you'll stress your healer

if it's an good ops heal he'll get you trough all FPs below 55 but then at 55HC you'll hit a Brickwall.

and if it's a casual player who levels his first healer class. he'll likely votekick you (with justification)

Assassins ain't Vanguards or Guardians.

Assassins get most of their Mitigation from shield instead of Armor.

also if your situational awareness is good and you know the Flashpoint DPS gear as a tank isn't all that bad

if you do that FP for the first Time and you are deaf dumb and blind (had those tanks often enough) you don't want to add insult to Injury by running DD stuff.

for PVP ...

run naked :rolleyes:

Takes a few days of getting used to, once you get a hang of it there is no thought to it anymore ^^

Agree, use the stickers that come with it placing them on the back keys so you get use to the positioning. By the time the sticky wares off you will remember the key location through muscle memory. The only ones I don't use for abilities are keys 10-12 but I have 12 to set focus target, 11 to acquire focus's target and 10 as the focus target modifier so I can taunt and interrupt and CC my focus target without switching to it.

You don't even have to use the stickers tbh, there's a little ridge on 4 5 6 and 10 11 12. It shouldn't take long to remember those.

Of course you don't need to use them but they help new people get comfortable with button placement for obvious reasons. But of course not everyone is as superior as you with your nimble little fingers of magic that make you awesome.

Of course you don't need to use them but they help new people get comfortable with button placement for obvious reasons. But of course not everyone is as superior as you with your nimble little fingers of magic that make you awesome.

I know my fingers are having an awful time...going to take a bit of practice. I am thinking about fooling around on another toon while I am learning since I am fairly close to 40 on my Sin and from 40 on it is nothing but PvP til I cap my comms.

Would you all grind trash mobs for a few hours to learn?

I know my fingers are having an awful time...going to take a bit of practice. I am thinking about fooling around on another toon while I am learning since I am fairly close to 40 on my Sin and from 40 on it is nothing but PvP til I cap my comms.

Would you all grind trash mobs for a few hours to learn?

Whatever you're comfortable with mate. Take a dive for the deep, or start gently on a target dummy.

I am getting the numbers down but the control and shift keys are baffling me. Do you all use the top 2 buttons or use the control and shift by the bottom left of the keyboard

I don't use control, because i dont need that many keys and i hate the placement. And im too lazy to make a bind for it on my naga.

But you could do that, if it fits you. Keybinds are personal mate, do whatever feels good.

I don't use control, because i dont need that many keys and i hate the placement. And im too lazy to make a bind for it on my naga.

But you could do that, if it fits you. Keybinds are personal mate, do whatever feels good.

Thanks again I appreciate it. If you don't use control or shift or anything how do u bind it all? I mean the CDs and melee/ranged skills? If you don't mind sharing that little detail :) ?

Thanks again I appreciate it. If you don't use control or shift or anything how do u bind it all? I mean the CDs and melee/ranged skills? If you don't mind sharing that little detail :) ?

I do use shift, just not control. There aren't that many abilities in this game and you can't cast stuff directly at your focus target or anything other than your own target for that matter anyway. So with 42~ ish keybinds im all set for not having to click anything combat relevant at all.

I do use shift, just not control. There aren't that many abilities in this game and you can't cast stuff directly at your focus target or anything other than your own target for that matter anyway. So with 42~ ish keybinds im all set for not having to click anything combat relevant at all.

Thanks again. I almost have the number 1 through 6 button down with the control and shift keys for the others. Of course it is killing my hand atm but I am sure that will go away soon.

If you're using a 2 or 3 button mouse you might be best to use the following keys (assuming you don't have massive hands/piano fingers):

1 through 5

Q E R T

F G

Z X C V B

That's going to cover 32 functions for you in combination with Shift, all of them highly accessible for 80-90% of people.

You can throw in Y and H if you like but I wouldn't recommend Shift combinations, and they'd want to be something you need to hit once every few minutes as a high priority before considering any other key function (eg. stun break in PvP).

Hope that helps.

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

Formerly the Belkin 52te, now the Razer Nostromo will be the most important gaming device I will ever own.

http://wccftech.com/images/reviews/hardware/peripherals/Razer-Nostromo/DSC_0410.JPG

This device is full of win. And any skill that other people do think that I have I owe 100% to this bad boy.

Your hand never moves, and you have 14 keys available to your finger tips very comfortably. All the keys are 100% customizable to what ever key you want. I have 2-10 bound to the corresponding numbers, and 11-14 bound to F1-F4. The number one key I have programmed to be a shift modifier to give me easy access to 23 abilities. There is a wheel also on this thing, forward is F5, back is F7 and press the wheel for F6, hit my shift key (1) and that wheel serves as 6 abilities. That is 29 abilities at my finger tips with out having to move or adjust my palm. There is more...there is a small joystick at the thumb. This servers as my WASD, a button above it is my tab, and a large button below the joystick serves as my spacebar (jump).

This device is also 100% macro-able. For instance on my PT I have the 9 key to macro'd to press numberpad 9 then regular 9. On my hot bars I have my Rocket Punch bound to numberpad 9 and Flame Burst bound to reg 9. What happens is the macro will always hit the numberpad 9 first, so if I am with in 4m, it will activate Rocket Punch, if RP is on cd or I'm farther away than 4m my Flame Burst will activate. I took it a step further and put Railshot to numberpad8 and put that in to lead off the macro, so Railshot will always take priority over FB and RP. I spam one button and effectively prioritize 3 abilities. Works 100% of the time too. I have 4 55 level toons and 5 more are 50+. Every toon has at least 3-5 of these priority based macros tied to them. The Nostromo has 8 different keypad settings for each of my toons and I can switch between them with one click.

This thing even has different palm settings too so it will adjust to you if you have large or small hands. Put a Naga on the other side of your keyboard and you will never have to touch your keyboard unless your typing in chat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlG23Euczvc nice little review here to give you an idea about how this device works.

If there is one device that can revolutionize your gaming and unlock your true potential, its the Nostromo.

Edited by Xethis

Meh, seems like it lacks some buttons imo. I always had 60 binds on my keyboad and im not sure if that many fit on that machine.

I have one shift modifier keyed on the pad. I run a Razer Naga mouse with 12 buttons, that can be shift modified. There is not one class in this game with even one ability that is not bound. Stims, grenades, medpacks, adrenals, all my interface tabs, I got everything bound. If that is not enough, you can add a cnrtl modifier key to double the amount of binds.

If that still is not enough, Logitech has one with a few more buttons.

http://img.clubic.com/02283070-photo-logitech-g-series-logitech-g13-1.jpg

Edited by Xethis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.