The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

fffffforum text boxes are broken

torsjn

swtor.com forums, some text boxes don't work

For example, when making a thread, I can not enter anything into the "Title" box, and I can't do forum searches anymore, because it won't let me enter any text into the "search terms" text box.

EDIT: I see my thread got titled "ffff".. so it seems that maybe they accept text in the box, but it's just invisible until after posting

Edited by torsjn

• Dev Post

Hi there,

We're keeping an eye on this thread for now. Please continue to provide details or confirmation if this is happening for you. Additionally, please be sure you test this on more than one internet browser and after clearing your cache and cookies.

:ph_thank_you:

In addition to the above, the fields on the advanced search page are also acting up. In my case (latest Chrome 28.0.1500.95 m, on 64-bit Windows 7) they are all too wide and the right column ends up offset further right quite a bit. They still work, but the appearance is all wrong.

(In case anyone doesn't already know: In order to get to the advanced search page, hit the search button without entering any text to search for, and you'll get sent to a page where you can specify much more for your search.)

Most posts in this thread so far hint at this being a CSS issue. Either the CSS itself has changed, or the markup to which the CSS is applied has changed in such a way that the CSS is no longer applied correctly. Either way, it doesn't look good and should be reviewed and fixed.

Edited by DarthDak
Spelling...

I am seeing something similar but not actually having any problems because of it.

I am running Safari 6.0.5 on Mac 10.8.4. It seems like a CSS problem. I cleared everything and the problem is still there. This started today if you updated the CSS on the website.

http://postimg.org/image/yy4gg59cl/

http://postimg.org/image/8a5dhlb15/

I also see this exact same thing on windows 7 and Chrome ( both fully updated as of Aug 6)

Looking at the code there are no indicators of when things may have been changed. So it could be new forum software that now needs updated CSS. New CSS that does not work correctly. Or a mix of the 2. (or something completely different, but my experience working on Web software this screams CSS)

Hi there,

We're keeping an eye on this thread for now. Please continue to provide details or confirmation if this is happening for you. Additionally, please be sure you test this on more than one internet browser and after clearing your cache and cookies.

:ph_thank_you:

My original attempt (the o.p. of this thread) was with the Firefox browser.

I tried with IE today, and the forum text boxes seem to work ok in the IE browser. I re-tried with Firefox, and some text boxes still make the text invisible when you try to type.

Thanks again for your reports everyone! This issue has been fixed; you will no longer experience oddness with appearance or text boxes.

:ph_cheers:

In Chrome (Version 28.0.1500.95 m), there's still some wonky CSS coming through.

http://i.imgur.com/hVJI14X.png

In the image above, you can see the notification type and rating dropdowns as well as the button bar, each extending past the container they should be inside (and, was the drop down always the light grey color? I don't remember).

Also, In IE10, the grey gradient that fills in the background is missing completely.

• Dev Post
In Chrome (Version 28.0.1500.95 m), there's still some wonky CSS coming through.

[...]

Also, In IE10, the grey gradient that fills in the background is missing completely.

Thanks for your screenshot and update, Dink. There still seem to be some appearance issues lingering based on what you're seeing. We'll look into it and will work on getting it resolved in the near future.

If anyone is having issues that are functional rather than visual, please be sure to post details here.

• Dev Post
Another minor bug: When the "fancybox" is visible (e.g. by clicking on an external link), the darkish background does not overlay the search box at the top of the page. Instead, the search box always stays on top.

This has now been corrected as well. Thanks!