Is there any chance of a fix to the Android Authenticator Key?

Jaavik

I'm not sure if the apple version is the same or if anyone else is having this problem, but I can't log into the game with an authenticator key if it's going to constantly show the numbers in BLACK on a BLACK background.

I have called customer support, have uninstalled and re-installed the authenticator multiple times and it will work a few times and then go right back to showing the numbers in black on a dark background. I have to try MULTIPLE times every time I log in to guess what numbers I am looking at.

I have literally JUST TODAY called customer support and removed the authenticator, uninstalled it on my Samsung , reinstalled it, re-activated it and was able to see the numbers in orange for a total of ONE log-ins. Even if you can't rework the code to print in the same "easy to see" color on a consistent basis, you CAN at least change the background image to something brighter so we can see the numbers either way. We are talking about less than 10 minutes work and we all just download an update.

Please fix this.

Edited by Jaavik

I use a Samsung Galaxy S1 and I find that if I use the 'Back' key instead of the 'Home' button, the numbers stay in gold. As soon as I forget and hit 'Home' the numbers are in black. It's a mild irritation but I doubt BioWare are responsible for the programming of this and it is manageable.

Tilt your phone sideways (into landscape mode) and the black numbers will show up on the lighter background so you can see. I have to do that on my GS4 because the numbers are usually black too. :p

Also, you don't have to call customer support to remove an authenticator anymore.

Edited by dbears

I use a Samsung Galaxy S1 and I find that if I use the 'Back' key instead of the 'Home' button, the numbers stay in gold. As soon as I forget and hit 'Home' the numbers are in black. It's a mild irritation but I doubt BioWare are responsible for the programming of this and it is manageable.

This is correct. You want to back out of the application, not hit home. That will prevent the issue from showing up. Also, if you already see the issue, you can solve it by either force closing the app (unnecessary), or hitting the back button twice. That will reset the UI to gold.

I have a Note II and how I deal with this is I kill the app after I use it. It seems to happen when you leave it running in the background and it cycles a new code.

After I type in my code, I tap the home button, then from the home screen hold the home button, then swipe the app away.

I prefer to use my phone in portrait so I have auto rotate turned off, but the landscape tactic works too.