Ship Customization: What do Players want?

Magnusheart

Well if this is a asking thread maybe I come up with some ideas.

!- add a pvp operation quest terminal to the ship.

2-make companios sleep or do something.

3- let me change things around my ship as I want combat dummies incleded.

5- most of the above threads

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself would like "artwork" to be displayed. For instance, for defeating Karagga on Nightmare Mode, you receive a "ship display artwork" signifying this achievement (a classical style portrait of Karagga). And for TFB, SNV, EC and so on and so forth. Would make an excellent addition to any starship. :p

After considering the resistance to internal decoration based on the concerns about mission triggers inside the ship, I decided that perhaps a safe room to decorate might be a better suggestion.

So, I am suggesting they allow us to decorate our personal room on our starship. As far as I am aware, there are no mission triggers in that room.

I would like to see a decoration mechanic as powerful as the SWG housing decoration system, but limit it's use to just that room.

• 1 year later...
All I can say is look at Star Trek Online. All the customization for your ship in it would be great to see in SWTOR... Granted, when I want space battles I play STO, ground fun I play SWTOR because lets face it, rail shooters get old very, very, very fast.

Agreed. STO has great exterior ship customization but limited interior customizable space except the bridge and the Defiant hallway. Their system would be excellent for swtor though. It would be nice to be able to change the hull paint and the locations of different weapon emplacements as well as adding air spoilers ("lock air spoilers in attack position!"). The only problem I could see with this though, is the fact that where your weapons are may conflict with where they actually fire from during combat.

Interior customization would be better though.

I'd prefer an option to buy a different ship.

Completely new designs, not the ones we have currently.

As for customizing current ships, not all too fussed about it.

I'd love this, or some way to upgrade our current ships. As we progress through the story, a new model of ship may become available or we may find upgrades for our ship.

Or we could have it similar to the customization items for companions, We find those and it gives us a variant of our ship. Like possibly an "Imperial Makeover" customization item which places Imperial banners and Imperial related things in your ship.

• 5 months later...

I'll necro this again since the last posts aren't 'too' old.

Thoughts like this have been floating in my head quite a bit so I thought I'd come to the forums and see if anyone was here that agrees. I guess there are.

Personally, I would be content with just adding hooks (like in the strongholds) and being able to place some of the extra decorations, as well as, being able to switch places for my companions to be with slight smart positions.

What I mean by slight smart positioning is, if the companion was near a bulkhead, maybe he/she'd lean on it like Andronikus. Or if the companion is near a chair decoration, he/she'd sit in the chair. Put two in chairs next to the game table and they would be playing a game. Put one next to a terminal and they would be acting like they were hitting buttons... next to a training dummy and... etc. Even better would be to make it a toggle in case you wanted your companion to just simply stand there like normal.

Anyway, I wouldn't want any class to be able to access all ships (sith flying a jedi ship? or any Empire flying the Trooper ship? jedi flying a sith ship? No to these) but add in one or even two extra ships per class and switch up the mission for getting our ship to include a choice (make the choice part of the mission not just a box that comes up that asks which ship to choose).

But a lot of the other ideas are pretty nice.

-Kera

Edited by Keraejis

I want it filled with gizka.

Gizka are ugly now, though. Their "cute odd frog-thing" role has been usurped by the ginx.

Still, it'd be pretty funny if you found them just hanging out after Forged Alliances. IDK if Revan is supposed to have left them on Manaan or Rakata Prime in canon but either way we'd run into them, right?

I don't care too much about customizing the interior of the ship, but would like more options for the space fighter mini-game (particularly for classes with ships I can't stand). Would be a minimum of effort on their part as they could leave the 'travelling' ship alone and just pretend you have a fighter you use for the cause.

Going to quote myself from two years ago and say I STILL think this is a good idea :p

Yes I always figured ship customization would be the last step before strongholds but apparently it was not. A new ship would be nice, but honestly I would be very pleased if I could customize my ship so it doesn look like every other one.

Even minor customizations would be very nice.

Edited by Gokkus