Expertise bolster not working...

Lugatti

Hey all,

I played this game when it first came out, had a lvl 50 sith sorcerer then I quit for more than a year. I just recently came back and lvled my Sorcerer to 55, so Im a fresh 55. I had a question, Im using a Champion's Force masters armor set that I got back pre 2.0 version. It has good stats and expertise rating on it. However when I go into PVP, howcome my expertise is so low? Its only at 1070 whereas everyone else is above 2000...

Im getting absolutely slaughtered in PVP, can someone seem to help me with this?

Champion, Centurion and Battlemaster were removed from the game. So you need to get your Partsian gear then eventually Conquerer which is BIS gear for PVP.

Okay..but if it was removed from the game, then how am I still able to equip it on my character?

Hey all,

I played this game when it first came out, had a lvl 50 sith sorcerer then I quit for more than a year. I just recently came back and lvled my Sorcerer to 55, so Im a fresh 55. I had a question, Im using a Champion's Force masters armor set that I got back pre 2.0 version. It has good stats and expertise rating on it. However when I go into PVP, howcome my expertise is so low? Its only at 1070 whereas everyone else is above 2000...

Im getting absolutely slaughtered in PVP, can someone seem to help me with this?

The old centurion -> champion -> battlemaster system is deprecated. Using that gear now will just render you pvp fodder even against lowbies in the gree event.

Okay..but if it was removed from the game, then how am I still able to equip it on my character?

Just have to do what I did, go through the indignant process of starting at the bottom with no expertise..working your way back up.

The new system is now: Bolster(no pvp gear), Partisan and finally Ranked. I think this new system is horse-dung. Bolster just needs to go, and it seems that we only have two tier of pvp armor at this time, that go no higher than 65... But whatever... that's my QQ for the day.

Edited by Darth-Piranha

The old centurion -> champion -> battlemaster system is deprecated. Using that gear now will just render you pvp fodder even against lowbies in the gree event.

The new system is now: Bolster(no pvp gear), Partisan and finally Ranked. I think this new system is horse-dung. Bolster just needs to go, and it seems that we only have two tier of pvp armor at this time, that go no higher than 65... But whatever... that's my QQ for the day.

So hold on, if I equip my Champion armor, I still get stats on my Character's page. So does that mean that the armor will work in PVE but its stats aren't counted for in PVP? Also, by having it on, does it take away any bolster effects?

So hold on, if I equip my Champion armor, I still get stats on my Character's page. So does that mean that the armor will work in PVE but its stats aren't counted for in PVP? Also, by having it on, does it take away any bolster effects?

I'll do it simple, because these people can't.

Don't wear any pvp gear that isn't partisan or higher. If you wear items with expertise that -aren't- those two, it wil negatively affect your bolster. As to the PvP whiner above, it's a better system now. Because after the time you quit (i was at launch as well) and they brought out the second sets of gear, the gear was pretty much all what mattered in PvP. Now it doesn't.

The armour will work in PvE, and PvP too...but it will hurt you in PvP. Just use your PvE armour...not sure why you'd ever wear stock Champion / Cent armour anyway. It's bad.

Im not exactly sure how the math works with this new system but, i do know that those older sets have smaller amounts of expertise and simply don't keep you alive for very long. but getting full with partisan makes a huge difference in your dmg and survival in warzones. That i know for sure speaking as a squishy sage dps..

If you wanna still use that gear.. and I too still have some of my favorite champion stuff, Just replace the mods, and it'll become partisan/conqueror gear with all the bonus abilities too.

Edited by Darth-Piranha

Im not exactly sure how the math works with this new system but, i do know that those older sets have smaller amounts of expertise and simply don't keep you alive for very long. but getting full with partisan makes a huge difference in your dmg and survival in warzones. That i know for sure speaking as a squishy sage dps..

If you wanna still use that gear.. and I too still have some of my favorite champion stuff, Just replace the mods, and it'll become partisan/conqueror gear with all the bonus abilities too.

So if I remove all of the Champion pieces mods and make it stock armor, then if I add all new lvl 55 mods to it or the ones that are found on Partison gear, it will work? Or will it still cause problems for me?

So if I remove all of the Champion pieces mods and make it stock armor, then if I add all new lvl 55 mods to it or the ones that are found on Partison gear, it will work? Or will it still cause problems for me?

Yes, it will work. It's orange armour.

Okay I'm just gonna rant for a sec here..

Bolster needs to go!!! And yes I'm speaking as a lvl 55... Lowbies should NOT have their stats raised to endgame level.. Neither should fresh 50s.. They need to work for it, earn their right to be high and mighty.

I've worked hard and long to get to where my sage is now? I've earned the right to go back to a low level planet and pop bubblewrap like a BOSS!! If I wanna take my sage to gree, I should only be challenged by other lvl 55s geared in op pvp! Don't need to waste my time dealing with bolstered lobes who haven't even completed story....

This isn't about real skills.. Its about spending countless hours of my day and night working effortlessly, grinding and working my *** off to reach that goal.. to POP Bubblewrap!

I've paid my dues, climbing up the pvp change, they haven't yet started... EARN IT!

end rant.

^--- Is mad because they're beat by people just starting PvP. As for the Gree thing, If they made it an instant, and capped it for 50-54 and then 55...there would still have to be bolster. Well, wouldn't -have- to be. But probably should. As it's part of an event, and not pure open world PvP.

Bolster isn't broken, least not like it once was where it was abusable. Even if its now...not like it once was, and not worth the effort. The majority of people who complain about bolster, just miss the time when gear was 99% of what made up PvP. I think we can all remember how Recruit vs EWH went. Not a chance.

Edit: FYI, yes, I went through that same thing. I moved servers, lost the PvP gear I had and started with recruit. It sucked, I pushed through it anyway. It really makes me wonder about PvP people, when they claim "PvP is real gaming, because it's against players not scripted AI!" but then they moan and groan when gear doesn't give them an easy kill.

Edited by Hockaday

^--- Is mad because they're beat by people just starting PvP. As for the Gree thing,

Nope! I'm mad because bolstering exists and it shouldn't. And no I'm not mad at you for making such a juvenile assumption.. Its not your fault. I've been there back in my jr. high school days :)

Don't wear any pvp gear that isn't partisan or higher. If you wear items with expertise that -aren't- those two, it wil negatively affect your bolster. As to the PvP whiner above, it's a better system now. Because after the time you quit (i was at launch as well) and they brought out the second sets of gear, the gear was pretty much all what mattered in PvP. Now it doesn't.

The armour will work in PvE, and PvP too...but it will hurt you in PvP. Just use your PvE armour...not sure why you'd ever wear stock Champion / Cent armour anyway. It's bad.

Thank you for this explanation!!! I haven't played for some time and don't expect to until Dec, I'd like to get into some PvP but don't have the gear, I'll just grind my way to Partisan.... This post helped! Cheers!!

Thank you for this explanation!!! I haven't played for some time and don't expect to until Dec, I'd like to get into some PvP but don't have the gear, I'll just grind my way to Partisan.... This post helped! Cheers!!

Check your currency, if you already had a tone of cent, champ and battlemaster comms from previous grinds, then they got converted to war zone comms.. You might have enough for a partisan piece now.. :)

Check your currency, if you already had a tone of cent, champ and battlemaster comms from previous grinds, then they got converted to war zone comms.. You might have enough for a partisan piece now.. :)

I "think" I have around 2300 regular WZ comms .... and valour rank is around 38...... Not sure with all of the changes that have been implemented.

No wonder ive been getting slapped around.

Does this mean that someone in a PvE set can walk into a 55 WZ & get bolstered to max Expertise? Why would you grind for PvP armour then?

No wonder ive been getting slapped around.

Does this mean that someone in a PvE set can walk into a 55 WZ & get bolstered to max Expertise? Why would you grind for PvP armour then?

Pve armor higher than 63s receives a reduced amount of expertise from bolster in order to balance it to near partisan level. As for pve gear 63 and under partisan has close to the same or more stats. For the most part pvp gear is bis for warzones.