The Return of the Stealth Belt

Nebdar

I would like to see an The Return of the Stealth Belt to the game that all classes can stealth just like in KOTOR

Of course the stealth belt should not be so effective as natural/special classes ability.

In General:

* it should have at least 10-15sec cooldown

* at the start effective stealth lvl should be 50% and it should take about 20sec standing still to charge the stealth to full stealth lvl, just like sniper stealth detection while in cover(of course the full stealth lvl should be some lvls lower then those Spec stealths)

* After charging to full you can either move at 30% of your speed(turned off Sprint) while maintaining the stealth lvl or 50% of your speed(with Sprint) but you will lose some of that stealth lvl every second

EDIT: we could give you stealthers ability detect first so you will detect non stealth 2 m faster (of course except sniper)

So whats the benefits..

PvE/O PvP

* less chance to get ganked when AFK or just have the ability to watch the enemy without being detected

* you can finally gank a stealther, it gives greater start advantage for ranged class but not that much

* it will be easier for non-stealth class to do objectives in hazard place like close to enemy camp

* the pleasure of sneaking and avoiding nasty mobs groups(most people already do that now you can do it with style and in stealth)

* It gives greater chance to avoid being constantly killed by high lvl player after revive by using medical probe. In other words after using revive with medical probe and when equipped with stealth belt(of course it can be some kind of device that doesn't need to be put in the slot just be in your inventory) you will have instant highest stealth lvl full speed(70%) for the usuall time that medical probe gives you 8s/12s? and after that time ends you are still in stealth with highest lvl but lower speed movement

PvP

* guarding a node and objective this way all classes will be effective guardians, at least giving the time to write on chat, and making harder first opener for Stealthers but always they can Stealth again(if we don't complain about real stealthers guarding the node then more Stealthers with no in stealth abilities shouldn't be much of a problem). It would give a nice room for bringing Merc/Com for WZ for Instant Concussion Missile or Electro-Net

* capturing a node with non-stealthers with 30%/50% speed and lower stealth lvl shouldn't have so much impact on the game

So for PvE it is rather an utility then a weapon for PvP it will change the gameplay but it always can be forbidden to use in WZ and requires further testing

So what do you think?

Edited by Nebdar

So whats the benefits..

PvE

* less chance to get ganked when AFK or just have the ability to watch the enemy without being detected

* you can finally gank a stealther, it gives greater start advantage for ranged class but not that much

* it will be easier for non-stealth class to do objectives in hazard place like close to enemy camp

* the pleasure of sneaking and avoiding nasty mobs groups(most people already do that now you can do it with style and in stealth)

* It gives greater chance to avoid being constantly killed by high lvl player after revive by using medical probe. In other words after using revive with medical probe and when equipped with stealth belt(of course it can be some kind of device that doesn't need to be put in the slot just be in your inventory) you will have instant highest stealth lvl full speed(70%) for the usuall time that medical probe gives you 8s/12s? and after that time ends you are still in stealth with highest lvl but lower speed movement

So what do you think?

I have two things to say:

It isn't needed imo, nor would it be beneficial for the game and you don't get the difference between PvE and OPvP, do you?

What is this I don't even...

why is this in the PvP forum?

and no, there is enough invisibility already in the game. we dont need invisible mercs and snipers.

because i wanted to know what do you think about it in WZ, PvP

I have two things to say:

It isn't needed imo, nor would it be beneficial for the game and you don't get the difference between PvE and OPvP, do you?

I would be happy if you elaborate....

a team of stealth smash juggs :eek:

Like you can do it right now using operative unique skill.....

Edited by Nebdar

I would be happy if you elaborate....

PvE is mostly talking about Scripted mobs to kill, oPvP is a part of it, but the part is so small (some would even say non-existant in SWTOR) that to talk about the effects on PvE, while you mean oPvP would be misleading.

(You didn't declare the effects it would have on Ops, FP's, Quests, etc. they would be just as big, most would just skip all the trash and go right to the bosses, with the belt they could do that very easily and everybody who doesn't have one, is kicked out of most groups)

Like you can do it right now using operative unique skill.....

Not as often and freely as you could do with individual stalths with 10-15s cd

Edited by Never_Hesitate

PvE is mostly talking about Scripted mobs to kill, oPvP is a part of it, but the part is so small (some would even say non-existant in SWTOR) that to talk about the effects on PvE, while you mean oPvP would be misleading.

(You didn't declare the effects it would have on Ops, FP's, Quests, etc. they would be just as big, most would just skip all the trash and go right to the bosses, with the belt they could do that very easily and everybody who doesn't have one, is kicked out of most groups)

Not as often and freely as you could do with individual stalths with 10-15s cd

but this skiping is regular routine of all todays FP's Op;s.......rarely you have an group that want to go kill all version(which i like)...

Yep if you have to purchase the belt for CC yes that would be discriminating and unfair...

Still you had wait at least 20 sec to be harder to detect thats a lot of time for some WZ....

but this skiping is regular routine of all todays FP's Op;s.......rarely you have an group that want to go kill all version(which i like)...

Yep if you have to purchase the belt for CC yes that would be discriminating and unfair...

Still you had wait at least 20 sec to be harder to detect thats a lot of time for some WZ....

It is routine, but that doesn't mean they should push it one step further.

To put it on CM would be P2W

20s or 3 mins makes a lot of difference