"Super secret space project!!!"

DarthDano

This thing really must be super secret because they haven't said a peep about it. Has anyone heard any rumors or anything? It's killing me. Are they taking it off rails? Are we getting guild capital ships? Are we finally going to be able to declare war in the stars in our beloved Star Wars game with space PVP? What do you think?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gree event IS the SSSP. The Gree ship came from SPACE. done. :rolleyes:

Seriously tho, I don't think anyone outside of BW 'knows' anything concrete about it. Mostly just wild speculation on the forums. Do a search here, you'll find all the previous posts related to this.

The Gree event IS the SSSP. The Gree ship came from SPACE. done. :rolleyes:

Seriously tho, I don't think anyone outside of BW 'knows' anything concrete about it. Mostly just wild speculation on the forums. Do a search here, you'll find all the previous posts related to this.

Aww don't crush my hopes like that. That would be awful.

Super - Big, Mega, Epic, Giant

Secret - Hidden, Under Wraps, Cloaked, Camouflaged, Say Nothing, Lips Sealed

Space - Vast, Emptiness, Empty, Place, What's in the sky

Project - Activity, Affair, Outline, Feature

As you can see from those words, it is a project that is big and a big secret. ;) Nobody knows anything except BioWare and the little bits they have said where they tested the gameplay and it's something completely different than what we have. Everybody's lips are sealed.

BioWare will strike us with the news when the time is right. But for right now it's super secret. :) Sorry I can't give you more information either. I wish I knew to!

As you can see from those words, it is a project that is big and a big secret. ;) Nobody knows anything except BioWare and the little bits they have said where they tested the gameplay and it's something completely different than what we have. Everybody's lips are sealed.

BioWare will strike us with the news when the time is right. But for right now it's super secret. :) Sorry I can't give you more information either. I wish I knew to!

Ok, so let me get this straight. You're saying that its a "Super secret space project!!!"?

Damn.......must be good.

Hoping to make this a serious threat post.

Bioware has stated a few things about it recently. One that its now in the very early stages or play ability (the San Diego Cantina Event). They also said a long time ago that the SSSP is "revolutionary" and unlike any thing that you see with the current space game, which suggest that it won't be on rails. The final thing there was some datamining a while ago that hints at the possibility of the SSSP involving pvp and various armor ships (heavy medium and light).

overall I am thinking its either going to be some type of dog fight pvp style game or its open Free Roam flight, and this will come along with the Guild Capitol Ships

This. EA is not spending any sort of money to expand this game significantly. What you see is what you get.

Actually, TOR is now one of their prime digital revenue generators. Not WOW-level or anything like that, but it's once again providing EA some nice cash and Austion studio hires again. Since F2P transition, EA consistienly mentions it in their fiscal reports and announces growth in revenue each quarter. And last but not least, the datamining points to new stream of funds being actually put into the game's expansion (class stories continuation), so I'm positive SSSP will come out at some point. I'm not deluded that there's any large number of people working on it, probably a very small team hence why it's taking so long, but EA does seem to think that TOR is worth investing in longterm once again, even if not on the same (overblown) scale as they did pre-launch.

Edited by Pietrastor

So what you are saying is its a Giant Cloaked Emptiness Affair?

I'm beginning to think the SSSP is just a carrot on a stick we will never get. And if we do it will be a potato instead.

No, seriously, like last year that guy who got fired was all like "Um...yeah, as a matter of fact, we were just playin it and it's EPIC...ur gonna love it". It's REAL man!!!! IT'S REAL!!!!

I'm joking of course. I think it's a carrot as well. Probably someplace on their "wall of crazy" that they like to talk about so much, but never act upon.

Edited by TUXs

It appears no one here listens to the cantina tour discussions and Q & As. Bioware confirmed at San Diego that the Space Project is in the next phase of development to where it is now playable alpha phase.

We were told that same bs months ago, before Christmas. The guy claimed he had just been playing it. It's imaginary...nothing more. As for datamined stuff, I bet they throw that crap in just to mess with you guys.

We were told that same bs months ago, before Christmas. The guy claimed he had just been playing it. It's imaginary...nothing more. As for datamined stuff, I bet they throw that crap in just to mess with you guys.

No he said he played the first design of it. What was said at the cantina is that it is now in the phase where its playable on a massive scale. completely different.

No he said he played the first design of it. What was said at the cantina is that it is now in the phase where its playable on a massive scale. completely different.

Ah! So now they've made enough progress that it's in...alpha?!

It's a carrot my friend.

Don't wait too long to get that egg off your face when this hits the live servers. It will be hard to remove after a while :rak_04:

Not in the least...I assure you, I would LOVE to be proven wrong - I'd wear that egg with pride ;)

EA is not spending any sort of money to expand this game significantly. What you see is what you get.

This greatly boggles my mind considering how much money its pulling. I think they are afraid it will crash again... if they dumped a few million more into it just this year it would boost even more i think.

This greatly boggles my mind considering how much money its pulling. I think they are afraid it will crash again... if they dumped a few million more into it just this year it would boost even more i think.

Funny thing. Look how EA reacted to TOR's less-than-expected numbers/under-performance compared to Square Enix's reaction to FFXIV's complete and total failure. Not the difference between the TOR problems and utter disaster FFXIV was. EA 'pulled the plug' on the project too soon at the sign of a 'first crash'.

Edited by Pietrastor

My belief is this...SWTOR is on a budget, despite what it earns. The revenue from this game simply becomes a part of the EA pie, not Bioware's and not a bigger budget for SWTOR. They have $XXX to spend this year...period.