Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Devs take a look - Madness and pyro

Ariak-

Sorcerer, assassin, merc, bounty hunter...... can we get a little love on the right trees? Any plans to buff these before arenas release?

hopefully we can see some action on this around the class representative stuff. id rather not have bioware "fix" anything on their own initiative anymore.

honestly there is nothing wrong with madness/balance with sorc/sage. They are a dot class with back ended burst. If we had more front ended burst we would be way to overpowered since we can be on the move for every attack except TkT/FL I am almost always on top of dps chart. Not sure aboot the tree for Assassin/Shadow since I always seem to pick Sage/Sorcerer at level 10 no matter how much I want to try them. Just because a spec isn't wanted for rateds doesn't mean the spec is garbage.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

honestly there is nothing wrong with madness/balance with sorc/sage. They are a dot class with back ended burst. If we had more front ended burst we would be way to overpowered since we can be on the move for every attack except TkT/FL I am almost always on top of dps chart. Not sure aboot the tree for Assassin/Shadow since I always seem to pick Sage/Sorcerer at level 10 no matter how much I want to try them. Just because a spec isn't wanted for rateds doesn't mean the spec is garbage.

The Bastion

For sins madness is lackluster and more or less fluff dmg since the changes made to move duplicity out of reach in deception effectively removing maul and essentially shock from the rotation. You can tab dot it and put up pretty scored board numbers as a sin but not overly effective. I believe there's some hybrids other then Wakajin that go up the tree 28 and into Decep to get the talents to enhance maul but not many people use a full madness build. Speaking of which Wakalord posted some interesting ideas in the Shadow/Sin forums to spark discussion on what changed would help madness for sins good read check it out.

That would be nice. And the other dot classes too :)

If by other ones you mean lethality on operatives and not sniper, I am for it. I am playing DF and Lethality both on my GS and sniper currently and it doesn't need anything IMO.

The Bastion

Oh yeah it's not garbage, just not good for ranked. And I have this silly dream that all 24 specs in the game would have a place in ranked pvp, even if it's only good in 1-2 maps :D

As far as madness sins.... they're garbage lol.

If by other ones you mean lethality on operatives and not sniper, I am for it. I am playing DF and Lethality both on my GS and sniper currently and it doesn't need anything IMO.

I was thinking more watchman sent/anni mara and vig guardian/veng jug hehe. Yeah I don't think lethality sniper needs a buff really, even though it's not great in ranked. Lethality op has great potential dmg and burst, but it's much harder to achieve it.

I agree with the OP. If you compare Lethality to Pyro and Madness, the flaws are terribly evident. Lethality has good energy management, great sustained damage and some good burst, and finally, protection against cleanses.

I used to play Madness on my Sin because I loved the priority based rotation, mix of ranged and melee, and interactive force regen. All that is gone now, and replaced with a boring, burstless rotation. Hell, we have to resort to our free ability to save force.

I used to play Pyro on my Merc for several reasons. 1) it was superior to Arsenal, 2) it was mobile and rewarding in good hands, 3) I liked the proc-based rotation, and 4) I fell in love with it. With 2.0, it lost its burst, and had nearly all its damage turned into cleanse-able fluff.

I really hope the devs will take a good look at these specs, and listen to the communities feedback. I, along with many others have put out some good ideas for one or more of these specs, so the material is there for the devs. It's up to them whether they want to look at it or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.