Improper Color Matching.

JaceMatai

Right. I'm wondering if certain non-chest pieces are intentionally coded to swap primary/secondary when colormatched to give an "interesting" look. (Alternately, I guess that coding could be on individual chest pieces, i.e. "when matching gloves to this chest, swap the colors".) Whether or not it's intentional, though, it sure isn't playing nice with dyes. :p

Completely agreed.

Here's why you're seeing unify issues.

Some chests have a specific unify coding for certain armor slots regardless of dye.

Example: The Contractor Chest, when unified causes the helmet, gloves, belt and wrists to turn black/red. The pants becomes Brown/Red and the boots Black/Black. When you add a Green Primary only dye to it, most of the armor becomes a Green/Red Armor except for the boots which becomes Green/Black.

Before the bug fix you could rig the system using a Primary Dye only on your chest then applying dye modules with the secondary dye you wanted on you other pieces to get your intended look.

I hope this clears any confusion up.

My main problem with this new "fix" is that color matching from a chestpience now overrides items with dye modules in them. It kind of defeats the purpose of having dyes if you cannot color match as well to get the exact look you want.

Here's why you're seeing unify issues.

Some chests have a specific unify coding for certain armor slots regardless of dye.

Example: The Contractor Chest, when unified causes the helmet, gloves, belt and wrists to turn black/red. The pants becomes Brown/Red and the boots Black/Black. When you add a Green Primary only dye to it, most of the armor becomes a Green/Red Armor except for the boots which becomes Green/Black.

Interesting -- so that color combination info does reside with the chestpiece, then. And dyeing the chest with a dual-tone dye seems to override the "special" unify code. Huh.

I'm not sure what the straightforward fix is, if there is one! I guess it might be:

1. If chest is undyed, match as it currently does.

2. If chest is single-tone dyed (primary), match the chest's colors, new primary/secondary, to all other pieces, primary/secondary (no swap). Do NOT override secondary dyes on the non-chest pieces.

3. If chest is single-tone dyed (secondary), match the chest's colors, primary/new secondary, to all other pieces, primary/secondary (no swap). Do NOT override primary dyes on the non-chest pieces.

4. If chest is dual-tone dyed, match the chest's new colors, primary/secondary, to all other pieces, primary/secondary (no swap).

Are there cases where someone would *want* the built-in swap in #2-3? I suppose it's possible... but then you'd have at least 3 colors going on. >_>;

Edited by Jenovan

My main problem with this new "fix" is that color matching from a chestpience now overrides items with dye modules in them. It kind of defeats the purpose of having dyes if you cannot color match as well to get the exact look you want.

This exactly.