The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

remove sentinel and marauder auras for the love of god.

Rhalius

seriously, this just buggs the hell out of me. I cant see these characters. they are just flaming it seems. It doesnt even make any sense why this is happening.

I'd switch them to guardian and juggernauts if such a respec is ever made possible just to get rid of those awfull effects.

No, I actually like it.

yah...they are awesome

http://imageshack.us/f/37/mfuh.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/809/01kw.jpg/

And just for comparison i went and took some of my Marauder.

http://imageshack.us/f/407/6jcf.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/707/7ma5.jpg/

The above pics of my Marauder is the aura right as she hits 30 stacks. But if i dont spend it and i keep doing attacks that spend rage (which is what normally makes the fury counter rise) the counter still stays at 30, but the effect gets brighter. This confirms what other posters have said about the aura. The effect of the aura actually stacks as well, it doesnt just stop at 30. if you keep gaining fury past 30 the intensity of the aura gets brighter and brighter. The sentinel pic above is actually of the aura hitting 30 and continuing past it, it didnt just stop at 30.

http://imageshack.us/f/41/jh3h.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/812/xysu.jpg/

Edited by swtonewbie

seriously, this just buggs the hell out of me. I cant see these characters. they are just flaming it seems. It doesnt even make any sense why this is happening.

I agree, they look down right awful but why is this in the cartel market suggestions section instead of the regular suggestions section?

Not remove. But make them less "bright and shiny".

Becouse if i have a marauder in a FP with me, and he have some specialization (i can't say wich one), my game become a damn slideshow.

Their effect are terrible for perfomance.

That too, and it makes zero sense. why are we even seeing that weird effect? we see all kinds of crap that shouldnt be visible, yet we cant see different saber styles which actually should be visible.

I'd rather have more animations added than weird light effects.

That too, and it makes zero sense. why are we even seeing that weird effect? we see all kinds of crap that shouldnt be visible, yet we cant see different saber styles which actually should be visible.

I'd rather have more animations added than weird light effects.

I'm guessing that some people complained that the aura before the change and the buff icons were too hard to see, which i can understand. Well they changed it...and now we can see it better all right. But they went a bit overboard with the new effects. When the new effects cause people to have framerate issues or it just obscures their character or even blots them out (sentinel aura) the solution isnt "lolz get a new pc noob" or "lolz deal with it lolz".

I was leveling my sentinel last night and if i positioned the aura so that it is on top of Kira, it blocks her out completely. It wasnt just zoom in and ohh wait i can see her outline. No...the white aura is just opaque, you cannot see through it. "lolz dont cover up kira with the aura then dummy lolz"

I thought it was a bug, because the initial instance of the aura is pretty tame and looks fine. But every single skill use after that first one that clears the 30 stack threshold causes the aura to stack on itself, and it gets intensely bright, saturation goes crazy and it just looks horrible.

They do at times seem to think it is dragonball Z. Sages can do a kamehameha wave even.

Why where people complaining about an aura not being visible even? there shouldnt be one to begin with.

I don't know Dragonball Z but when I first saw these ridiculous auras, I thought it was the horribly deformed baby of Champions Online's Dark Aura (which I love in that game but it fits the setting) and LOTRO's War-Speech (which I always thought the glowing hands was stupid).

I just don't understand why my Marauder/Sentinel have to look like they're on fire now.

Seems to be a common game thing, adding weird flashy effects that make no sense to conceal how limited the animations are.

Kind of a cheap way to go around making new animations to show whats going on. The flashy effects are easy to make after all.

Only have a low level sentinel and a higher level marauder. thinking about removing the sentinel and just replacing it with another guardian.

Havent leveled my marauder much at all in a long time, think the aura wasnt as bad at first but got worse through patches.

• 2 weeks later...

U MAD BRO?

What they were thinking with these all the new effects? A cheap way to impress the kiddies and keep them subscribed? I can't imagine anyone over 13 seriously liking this new amalgam of senseless flashing and glowing primary colours (red = sith, blue = jedi ,hurrr so clever amirite??) The pinnacle of terribleness shows if you're a marauder in carnage. Every single thing you do makes you red. Cut this crap out PLEASE, or tone it down some.

+1

It's not quite as bad during boss fights, since you tend to use zen/transcendence/inspiration as soon as you hit 30 stacks.

But when you're clearing trash, where enemies don't have enough health to justify using Zen, the stupid aura keeps getting brighter and brighter until you can hardly see your character. Sometimes it gets so annoying I'll just manually remove my centering stacks to get rid of the aura.

U MAD BRO?

What they were thinking with these all the new effects? A cheap way to impress the kiddies and keep them subscribed? I can't imagine anyone over 13 seriously liking this new amalgam of senseless flashing and glowing primary colours (red = sith, blue = jedi ,hurrr so clever amirite??) The pinnacle of terribleness shows if you're a marauder in carnage. Every single thing you do makes you red. Cut this crap out PLEASE, or tone it down some.

The idea is supposed to be an on screen way to tell when you can use certain abilities. It might need some work, but they need to continue to pursue this instead of making us stare at buttons to know when a proc comes up.

The icon above your health bar says enough, they could also try updating the animations sometimes so that less flashy effects are needed to compensate for the lack of them.

At least they should greatly reduce this aura or use a completely different effect.. perhaps more of a circle around them on the ground that glows brighter as the amount of stacks go up. I'd still not like having such effects, but at least I can actually see my character then.

Whatever the feature or effect is, someone hates it. We'd have 10 pages of toggle boxes to take care of it all.

What's the purpose of that comment? Is it to belittle this particular issue, or is it a more general thing?