Ranked (Guild v Guild & Kickball)

JAYFB

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone even mention why a PVP oriented guild transferred to a PVE server, after an obvious trend of pvp guilds transferred to PROT5?

I asked. <starsiders> just hasn't transferred (yet?) as they recently returned to the game. the force lifting crew, from what I've been able to discern, actually paid to transfer here (from po5?).

As I recall, Wed. and Sat. are the traditional kickball days, usually from 8-12. That's a mere 8 hours per week spaced across a mere 2 out of 7 days in the week. It would be cool if nobody put together a "real" team at that time. But, obviously, you pay your own subscription.

There was some kb action tonight (Th) and sometimes there's spontaneous kb action throughout the week. I think it's asking waaay too much for a real team to avoid those. But the two nights a week? c'mmon. don't be "that guild." everybody is welcome to kb.

roxxay had a longtime bitter relationship with unicorn stampede, as have I, and even we play nice for kb.

you have no idea how horrid pugging has become on this server. it doesn't matter which faction you're on. time of day could matter a little but...wow. it's like...don't EVER solo pug. just an unending loop of back failure and poor objectives decisions.

So what you are saying is, I shouldn't jump on to Syck'syyde or Triggamortis anytime soon. That saddens me as I was thinking of queuing them up for warzones and quitting a few for old times sake.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

Random GM of random guild,

Let me tell you the ending to the story you're trying to write to save everyone time.

Guild q's "whenever possible" against kickball teams, killing kickball. Maximum of 1-2 teams q outside of kickball, leaving you sitting in the ranked a for 3 hours with no pops. In a few weeks time, only you are in the ranked q, with no one to play, **** talking goes on max and you take your frustration out on pugs in regs. Some of your guild leave the game or decide to transfer.

This is what happend with Uncensored when we killed the ranked scene here many months ago by destroying kickball. It was a selfish decision that hurt everyone in the end. Judging by the droolers you have posting on the forums wearing your tag, you are not as good as we were, but the point still stands.

Separate nights for guilded ranked teams and kickball teams or g t f o. You can talk about "helping" the community, but if you don't do this simple thing, the kickball ranked scene will die; followed by what's left of the subsequent guild ranked scene.

Kickball is an integral part of developing players both in regards to skill and giving a platform for new teams to form and play on the guild rank nights. Respect it or you are harming the server tremendously.

This is the best post on this thread. Thumbs up ;)

Back on topic:

<Tranquility> and <Prime Defense> will be putting together a team on Tuesdays and Fridays, starting ~9pm EST. We will be starting this next week Tuesday. We are a mixed group but you can treat us as a full guild ranked team.

POC: Xider / Vasyel

Edited by periphelion

LOL okay i can agree with you on the LD50 thing we did bring that on ourselves no argument there from me. ;) some of the stuff was kinda humorous though i was never around for it but all the stories i hear are hilarious. im still waiting on anyone who is viewing this thread to find a quote of me insulting his guild and saying they suck or whatever he's saying i did. :rak_02:

so to get things a little back on topic (sorry i got off topic with the screenshot and saying ill never participate in any kickball ghost is in) but imps had kickball last night, it was all well and fun, until some f*ggy guild called <do you even force lift bro> decided to bring a full 8 man team to crash kickball. not only that, but then i had ppl telling me that they were receiving whispers from members of this guild about how bad they were and how there was no competition left on this server..grow a pair of balls and queue up against other guilds instead of crashing kickball nights to farm ratings.

Do I Get A cookie for showing you your post where you blatantly called his guild out by name and used a derogatory comment to descibe them. I know you wanted someone to point this out for you. And me being the upstanding human being I am, I felt obliged to give you what you want.

This is the best post on this thread. Thumbs up ;)

Pretty sure this is best post now :)

The Bastion

Edited by rlamela

Ok this whole thread is about ONE game that we won, we played 2 games that night got rolled the first game and won the second. The people who saw us que and played us in the first game did not say anything after they beat us didn't say they were in the middle of kickball don't que nothing because we got rolled. So we win ONE game and get bashed on FB and threads really? I came here because I heard the community was cool and not feeling the love. If you hadn't heard a clean cut apology here it is. We are sorry for Queing on kickball night but in all honesty seeing ranked going intrigued us and as for bringing a full guild we had never played with each other before besides 3 of us. I understand you see the tag and think its a organized team I promise you we are not far from it as we have not played together. We understand Sundays are the nights to run and hope all is forgiven but all honesty why weren't we whispered after the first game and told to stop or asked to stop? Also for the carrying comments yes when me and soul que regs we are above avg players and have carried teams but have also been carried just think some things said get out of hand when people are attacking us and we try to defend ourselves. Anyway we got the point and we are sorry for Wednesday. One more thing though we play with cinereous an he kept telling us he has no problem with us yet you keep coming on the forums and bashing us or am I reading it wrong? Anyway hope all is well and hope to see you in game Edited by Kilel

Random GM of random guild,

Let me tell you the ending to the story you're trying to write to save everyone time.

Guild q's "whenever possible" against kickball teams, killing kickball. Maximum of 1-2 teams q outside of kickball, leaving you sitting in the ranked a for 3 hours with no pops. In a few weeks time, only you are in the ranked q, with no one to play, **** talking goes on max and you take your frustration out on pugs in regs. Some of your guild leave the game or decide to transfer.

This is what happend with Uncensored when we killed the ranked scene here many months ago by destroying kickball. It was a selfish decision that hurt everyone in the end. Judging by the droolers you have posting on the forums wearing your tag, you are not as good as we were, but the point still stands.

Separate nights for guilded ranked teams and kickball teams or g t f o. You can talk about "helping" the community, but if you don't do this simple thing, the kickball ranked scene will die; followed by what's left of the subsequent guild ranked scene.

Kickball is an integral part of developing players both in regards to skill and giving a platform for new teams to form and play on the guild rank nights. Respect it or you are harming the server tremendously.

Im sorry bit this was rich.... coming from an LD50 member...

"Not as good as we we're"... If you class abusing an exploit in huttball to win rateds, as a skilful thing to do... then Yeah LD50 was way better than us. (im referring to a huttball replay I watched with LD50 vs Watchmen) when LD50 had to exploit their ball handler outside of the map to win... So yeah your rep and credibility is nothing as far as im concerned. You guys have lost rateds to teams my guild have previously beat from Pot5...and you obviously exploit in the ones you win, so go have a rethink before you throw the "we we're better than you" around.

Next up... Kickball rateds where im from, are to farm gear regardless of turn out. the other night we we're testing the water on this server, and as I said before the first que we did... we had in effect no healers lol. So it wasn't really a crash, just another kickball group. Only 3 of us in that group knew each other from Pot5, the other people we're new guildies (some by 2 hours) and others we're pugs. So yeah... it was fair to go vs kickball groups of people who knew each other. Our first game we we're fighting 5 members of Pixels. Which one could argue was more of a "premade" group than ours.

After our first game which we lost, no1 asked us to stop queuing or anything. Wasn't until after we replaced our healers and won, people got upset.

Some of our new members have PvE or RL commitments. So us running rateds during the week will be a rare occurrence, so you can all stop your flapping. The only time we will run during the week vs kickballs, is to test new members or to waste some time with a pug group of our own.

Edited by Corsin

Ok this whole thread is about ONE game that we won, we played 2 games that night got rolled the first game and won the second. The people who saw us que and played us in the first game did not say anything after they beat us didn't say they were in the middle of kickball don't que nothing because we got rolled. So we win ONE game and get bashed on FB and threads really? I came here because I heard the community was cool and not feeling the love. If you hadn't heard a clean cut apology here it is. We are sorry for Queing on kickball night but in all honesty seeing ranked going intrigued us and as for bringing a full guild we had never played with each other before besides 3 of us. I understand you see the tag and think its a organized team I promise you we are not far from it as we have not played together. We understand Sundays are the nights to run and hope all is forgiven but all honesty why weren't we whispered after the first game and told to stop or asked to stop? Also for the carrying comments yes when me and soul que regs we are above avg players and have carried teams but have also been carried just think some things said get out of hand when people are attacking us and we try to defend ourselves. Anyway we got the point and we are sorry for Wednesday. One more thing though we plate with cinereous kept telling us he has no problem with us yet you keep coming on the forums and bashing us or am I reason it wrong? Anyway hope all is well and hope to see you in game

^ That

Ok at this point I'm over all this. This is not what the op wanted on thread I'm sure use this thread for scheduling rated games or hosting kickball games.

I've apologized and said my sorry. I can say I personally will not be part of a Que on kickball nights unless um part on the kickball team selection.

I have started a new thread if you still feel the need to bash and flame us...

Back on topic:

<Tranquility> and <Prime Defense> will be putting together a team on Tuesdays and Fridays, starting ~9pm EST. We will be starting this next week Tuesday. We are a mixed group but you can treat us as a full guild ranked team.

POC: Xider / Vasyel

Added <Tranquility> & <Prime Defense>.

Thanks for attempting to return this thread to the original topic... :cool:

GG's and thx to everyone in the ranked games tonight. Other than the issues with teamspeak was a good time.

Nice to see some spontaneous kickball going on!

"Not as good as we we're"... If you class abusing an exploit in huttball to win rateds, as a skilful thing to do... then Yeah LD50 was way better than us. (im referring to a huttball replay I watched with LD50 vs Watchmen) when LD50 had to exploit their ball handler outside of the map to win... So yeah your rep and credibility is nothing as far as im concerned. You guys have lost rateds to teams my guild have previously beat from Pot5...and you obviously exploit in the ones you win, so go have a rethink before you throw the "we we're better than you" around.

Next up... Kickball rateds where im from, are to farm gear regardless of turn out. the other night we we're testing the water on this server, and as I said before the first que we did... we had in effect no healers lol. So it wasn't really a crash, just another kickball group. Only 3 of us in that group knew each other from Pot5, the other people we're new guildies (some by 2 hours) and others we're pugs. So yeah... it was fair to go vs kickball groups of people who knew each other. Our first game we we're fighting 5 members of Pixels. Which one could argue was more of a "premade" group than ours.

After our first game which we lost, no1 asked us to stop queuing or anything. Wasn't until after we replaced our healers and won, people got upset.

Some of our new members have PvE or RL commitments. So us running rateds during the week will be a rare occurrence, so you can all stop your flapping. The only time we will run during the week vs kickballs, is to test new members or to waste some time with a pug group of our own.

You are completely clueless. Obviously you never played against Uncensored back in its day, I wasn't even talking about LD.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Ok this whole thread is about ONE game that we won, we played 2 games that night got rolled the first game and won the second. The people who saw us que and played us in the first game did not say anything after they beat us didn't say they were in the middle of kickball don't que nothing because we got rolled. So we win ONE game and get bashed on FB and threads really? I came here because I heard the community was cool and not feeling the love. If you hadn't heard a clean cut apology here it is. We are sorry for Queing on kickball night but in all honesty seeing ranked going intrigued us and as for bringing a full guild we had never played with each other before besides 3 of us. I understand you see the tag and think its a organized team I promise you we are not far from it as we have not played together. We understand Sundays are the nights to run and hope all is forgiven but all honesty why weren't we whispered after the first game and told to stop or asked to stop? Also for the carrying comments yes when me and soul que regs we are above avg players and have carried teams but have also been carried just think some things said get out of hand when people are attacking us and we try to defend ourselves. Anyway we got the point and we are sorry for Wednesday. One more thing though we play with cinereous an he kept telling us he has no problem with us yet you keep coming on the forums and bashing us or am I reading it wrong? Anyway hope all is well and hope to see you in game

I not about the fact you won or got beat its about the fact you all insult people while apologizing to said community. Then you say were here to support the community while saying you carry people the people you beat in rank in regs. That attitude is not gonna fly here. So your getting heat because you all act like it was a big deal you beat groups of people gearing up in a kickball.

Edited by Neoforcer

"Not as good as we we're"....

Were he is at currently has nothing to do with his point. see bellow

You are completely clueless. Obviously you never played against Uncensored back in its day, I wasn't even talking about LD.

Yep there clueless as to why there getting heat it is again not because they did not tell any one they were queing for ranked on a kickball night it's how there members acted when they won and continue to act while apologizing. Even the GM throws out insults about people being crybabies while apologizing about they way they acted. I love there logic

Edited by Neoforcer

On a side note someone asking about PvP guilds earlier transfering to this server. I don't know where soulfly came from nor do I care but...

Starsider was from keller's void, we quit when they delayed rateds repeatedly, and we got rolled over into JC. We did NOT purposefully transfer here to try and be superstars on a weaker pvp scene. Just clearling that up. I don't even know how we stack up on this server yet because we haven't participated in a GvG match yet unfortunately. We will definitely be pretty active whenever arenas are introduced since we generally have 4-6 people to play with. We are a tight knit group just looking to have fun together because we really did enjoy the PvP in this game. The developers just repeatedly pissed us off with their lying on rated release dates.

Funniest post ever. What I took from It......

I was such a beast on Pot5 that when guilds like Rock Bottom, LD50, Uncensored, Bloodline, Watchmen, Infinite Darkness Transferred to Pot5 and Casual returned I decided to transfer to Jedi Covenant because the Rated scene there is way stronger.

Man this was a fun post to read. I will definitely read again when taking a Deuce later.

The Bastion

Edited by rlamela

Funniest post ever. What I took from It......

I was such a beast on Pot5 that when guilds like Rock Bottom, LD50, Uncensored, Bloodline, Watchmen, Infinite Darkness Transferred to Pot5 and Casual returned I decided to transfer to Jedi Covenant because the Rated scene there is way stronger.

Man this was a fun post to read. I will definitely read again when taking a Deuce later.

The Bastion

We moved the topic to another post, Please let this one return to OP's topic.

Added <Tranquility> & <Prime Defense>.

Thanks for attempting to return this thread to the original topic... :cool:

Nice to see some spontaneous kickball going on!

Our queuing times seem to be rather unpopular :( Unfortunately members of our group are in 2 different raid groups

Kickball pub side tonight! :D Starting invites around 8:00 or so. I'll throw it out in pubpvp when we get going. Looking forward to another good turnout!

P.S. Forgive me if I'm a few minutes late, my wife is making a special dinner tonight :rak_03: