The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thermal detonator vs Retrac blade

iDraxter

TD has a bit more kinetic dmg/RB has a stronger dot but its a 15 sec bleed compared to 12 sec

TD is 10meters/RB 4meters (not really an issue since u againts casters u`ll be in 4m to interrupt anyway and u also have RP

both TD and RB cost 16 heat

TD has a 15 sec cooldown while RB has no cooldown

Well at the end you would replace 1 dot for another really but a dot u can add to the target more easily/often(in case of cleanse and not to mention i can grab some tasty talents from Adv proto that are way better then Pyro tree`s top 2 tiers)

Also the Burnout talent should affect RB`s dot as well right?

Discuss

Edited by iDraxter

TD has a bit more kinetic dmg/RB has a stronger dot but its a 15 sec bleed compared to 12 sec

TD is 10meters/RB 4meters (not really an issue since u againts casters u`ll be in 4m to interrupt anyway and u also have RP

both TD and RB cost 16 heat

TD has a 15 sec cooldown while RB has no cooldown

Well at the end you would replace 1 dot for another really but a dot u can add to the target more easily/often(in case of cleanse and not to mention i can grab some tasty talents from Adv proto that are way better then Pyro tree`s top 2 tiers)

Also the Burnout talent should affect RB`s dot as well right?

Discuss

Burnout affects only elemental dot (CGC, IM and TD if i m not mistaken), Retractable Blade is an internal dot.

I cannot really answer as to which is better but I d say RB>TD when all is considered. I believe that a spec being along the line of 8/11/27 would be superior to any spec taking TD.

Edited by ceelaniri

Burnout affects only elemental dot (CGC, IM and TD if i m not mistaken), Retractable Blade is an internal dot.

I cannot really answer as to which is better but I d say RB>TD when all is considered. I believe that a spec being along the line of 8/11/27 would be superior to any spec taking TD.

Something like that was thinking of 5/13/28most likely the 3 extra points in tank tree ur taking is hyper fuel....i`ll test that one out too but a lower cd on interrupt is just so nice vs healers, Also in the adv proto. tree i haven`t decided where to put those 2 points choosing between Power armor, Adv. tools and Prototype electro surge

Edited by iDraxter

Something like that was thinking of 5/13/28most likely the 3 extra points in tank tree ur taking is hyper fuel....i`ll test that one out too but a lower cd on interrupt is just so nice vs healers, Also in the adv proto. tree i haven`t decided where to put those 2 points choosing between Power armor, Adv. tools and Prototype electro surge

Hold on!

Click powertech on my sig. You will find all kinds of answers/specs there.