Overwhelmed

SykoTavo

I feel overwhelmed by the amount of abilities (and the similarity between a lot of them) we get. As a level 13 Trooper Commando I already have more abilities than I know what to do with. I can't imagine how many I'll have at end game!!!

Any suggestions?

Are some abilities supposed to make others obsolete or am I supposed to be using them all

?

For example, right now I have 3-4 AoE abilities. I can understand when to use Pulse Cannon (close distance AoE) and Explosive Round (no more than 3 enemies AoE). However, Mortar Volley and Hail of Bolts are very, very similar...both offer AoE for groups of 5 enemies at most. One is a Trooper ability (Mortar Volley) and the other is a Commando ability. So, am I supposed to be using both? Or do I substitute one for the other?

PS: Posted this on general because I'm sure this is the same situation with all classes.

Also note that different abilities do different damage types and with varying levels of splash. To take your examples - Explosive Round is mostly a one-person damage with a bit of splash; Pulse Cannon is elemental electrical damage and appears to do extra damage to droids.

You can also expand the various quickslots (I personally can't play without the two bars at the bottom) and move the relatively unused skills off - for example you aren't going to need to quick travel or buff in a hurry, so they can go onto a rotated bar e.g. 3. Bring them around when you need them.

Some abilities are also there for you to rotate through - one with a long cooldown for example is not one you can repeat, so having two similar helps you keep up your damage output or have another high damage ability available when you hit another group and the other is still on cooldown.

Edited by Grammarye