Gree @ 55 , and the "ganking" situation.

Tachenko_Yuri

Will something be done about the abusive ganking done outside the pvp area?

Like removing the flag 30 secs after one's gone out of the pvp area, to give those lowbies some actual fun instead of some cockhead who couldn't handle a proper PVP server, and resorts to gank said lowbies instead, in what's meant to be the PVE area of the event?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a gree area the other day, buying some armor and bolster is back. to 55 this time. its not perfect, but its something.

I'm not looking for a bolster, I'm asking if something' been done that keeps low-level players on PVE servers safe from the ganking little ***** in the PVE area of the event.

While this "issue" has personally never bothered me while participating in the Gree events in the past... I understand that a lot of players are quite put out by it.

Easiest way to fix it?

Do away with the current state of PvP flags. Make them work as such:

1- If you are on a PvP server, there is no such thing as a flag, You are attackable in all areas, all the time. This is something you chose to agree to when you rolled on a PvP server.

2- On a PvE server: IF you enter an open-world area (Gree Contested Area, Outlaw's Den, etc.) then your "flag" is automatically turned on. If you leave that area, it automatically turns off. While in all other areas, you cannot attack nor be attacked by any other players regardless of faction. This would stop flagged or opposite faction players, from flagging you by stepping in your AoE, because it simply would NOT target/hit them.

That would pretty well solve the "problem".... however, as I stated I don't see it as too much of a problem, but it appears that enough of the playerbase DOES, so my individual opinion seems a bit outweighed.

Edited by Ocho-Quatro

You could just...not flag yourself for PVP.

Well you don't even have to go into the PVP area to be ganked flagged by an AOE ganking idiot. Lets hope they fix it , if not hopefully some of my level 55's can sort them out and I will sort them out.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Well you don't even have to go into the PVP area to be ganked flagged by an AOE ganking idiot. Lets hope they fix it , if not hopefully some of my level 55's can sort them out and I will sort them out.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I have gone up to a person that is flagged, while I am not (they show yellow to me) and done a ton of AOE attacks right on them. No flag.

Unless there is another issue then I'm going to have to go with MYTH.

P.S. I tried this during the first or second Gree event.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Cheers,

BadOrb.

That hasnt been true for a while

The event is going to be lvl 55. Why would lowbies even be near it?

While it may be annoying to accidentally get flagged for PvP, it's easy enough to remove the flag. I agree that the timer should be shorter, but as it is, it's just a great reminder to pay attention to what you're doing.

As an aside... I know everyone's experience will vary. I've only ever accidentally gotten flagged once during the Gree events. It's an easy situation to avoid.

While this "issue" has personally never bothered me while participating in the Gree events in the past... I understand that a lot of players are quite put out by it.

Easiest way to fix it?

2- On a PvE server: IF you enter an open-world area (Gree Contested Area, Outlaw's Den, etc.) then your "flag" is automatically turned on. If you leave that area, it automatically turns off. While in all other areas, you cannot attack nor be attacked by any other players regardless of faction. This would stop flagged or opposite faction players, from flagging you by stepping in your AoE, because it simply would NOT target/hit them..

That's all that needs to implemented, to give pure pvers a chance at the event :)

Cool looking armor and weaponry, easy credits, and you get to be a lv. 55 for a bit of time, thanks to bolster. :)

Maybe. But I don't see how that affects the flag situation. If you get bolstered then that makes you "even" with everyone else.

I have gone up to a person that is flagged, while I am not (they show yellow to me) and done a ton of AOE attacks right on them. No flag.

Unless there is another issue then I'm going to have to go with MYTH.

P.S. I tried this during the first or second Gree event.

Well it happened in the first and second event incarnations , as it did in the rakghoul event and conglomerate event. Hopefully they have fixed it , I would tell you how it worked but then that might be against the forum rules as it was / is an exploit . Anyway if anyone wants to try it on me then they will have a hard time killing me that's for sure.

Ill give you a clue , me and my buddies sometimes dismiss our companions when we see pvp flagged people near something we want to do , hint hint.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Maybe. But I don't see how that affects the flag situation. If you get bolstered then that makes you "even" with everyone else.

uh-huh, pitch in those 2 then...

Player 1) Bolstered lowbie who collected his 55 green gear just for the event by killing the enemies in the event itself, sticking to pve and minding his own business and got a flag by being healed from a flagged guy, or having a flag from entering the pvp area , and having exited said area.

Player2) Full partisan/battlemaster or whatever the high-end pvp gear's called, who is ganking people just for the lolz or trolling, or any of that other crap, in the pve area. Cuz yes, there were people around last event who were doing just that, in and outside the pvp area.

All i'm asking for is a reduced time for the flag to wear off from entering, exiting pvp area.. dunno.. 1 minute?

uh-huh, pitch in those 2 then...

Player 1) Bolstered lowbie who collected his 55 green gear just for the event by killing the enemies in the event itself, sticking to pve and minding his own business and got a flag by being healed from a flagged guy, or having a flag from entering the pvp area , and having exited said area.

Player2) Full partisan/battlemaster or whatever the high-end pvp gear's called, who is ganking people just for the lolz or trolling, or any of that other crap, in the pve area. Cuz yes, there were people around last event who were doing just that, in and outside the pvp area.

All i'm asking for is a reduced time for the flag to wear off from entering, exiting pvp area.. dunno.. 1 minute?

Like I mentioned before, I completely agree with the idea to reduce the timer. Should be like 3 minutes, and should count any time you are outside of the auto-pvp area.

Aoe doesn't hit "yellow" players.

To hit a pvp flagged player and become flagged, you have to target and hit them.

That's not entirely accurate, I believe. When I got flagged, there is no way I had another player targeted. I simply don't do that.

Personally I think "PvP areas" should be done away with completely, especially on PvE servers. Gankers are the lowest of the lowest forms of gamers and its about time we stopped supporting them. Or at the very least, there should not be missions in them or other event objectives.

PvP should always be optional. If I am not in the mood for PvP, some other player should not have the right to decide that I am going to PvP. Especially since that player will only make that decision when (s)he is at a huge advantage over me via level, me being in combat already, or me being at low health.

That's not entirely accurate, I believe. When I got flagged, there is no way I had another player targeted. I simply don't do that.

You are correct , as i said the important word here is COMPANION or COMPANIONS. Can't actually spell it out to you as i don't want people ganking others this way in this next event.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

You could have entered an area that flagged you, there are several locations where just passing through will flag you. Also, healing a flagged player will flag you. Being healed by a flagged player doesn't flag you, buffing doesn't flag you, aoe doesn't flag.

You could have entered an area that flagged you, there are several locations where just passing through will flag you. Also, healing a flagged player will flag you. Being healed by a flagged player doesn't flag you, buffing doesn't flag you, aoe doesn't flag.

I don't think so I know how it worked or works and it isn't to do with the player characters.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I think it happened when someone stepped into my AOE attack. They didn't gank me, thankfully. :t_cool:

Will something be done about the abusive ganking done outside the pvp area?

Like removing the flag 30 secs after one's gone out of the pvp area, to give those lowbies some actual fun instead of some cockhead who couldn't handle a proper PVP server, and resorts to gank said lowbies instead, in what's meant to be the PVE area of the event?

Do not do PvP quests without PvP gear.

/Thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.