Force / Tech GOING THROUGH Shroud needs to be fixed immediately

Xinika

This gamebreaking nonsense continues to plague the 'competitive' (lol) form of warzones known as ranked. This issue has single-handedly caused lost balls, lost nodes and other objectives solely because of blind freaking luck. I've been awed, grenaded and CC'd through a 2 out of 5 sec Shroud.

It wasn't intentional for Force/Tech attacks to go through.

Fix your game.

For those who are clueless as to what exactly this ability does.

Force Shroud

Instant

Cooldown: 60s

Removes all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

(5 seconds if tank spec)

Edited by Xinika

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to get the ball in middle in huttball in a ranked match tonight. Grenade hit me 6 times in the middle, I had Force Shroud up every time. Are grenades a physical stun or something? Ended up losing the match 6-4 probably would've had a much better chance if 6 grenades didn't hit me through force shroud in the middle. Their sniper had a 0% chance to get hit by these grenades in hunker down, so why do I have to deal with this? This luck factor can also allow a sin to be CC capped on. Gamebreaking. Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Well documented bug that's been around since 2.0 dropped does need to be fixed

Idk what the holdup is we've had bolster and shroud both broken for 3+ months now

Actually been bugged as far back as 1.4.

Bioware already addressed this though, to sum it up:

Yes, you have 100% resistance to force/tech attacks.

But.....But.....

You ALWAYS have a 5% chance to get hit by force/tech attacks.

Does that make sense? No? Well, it makes sense to Bioware, so not sure what to tell you.

TL;DR: Working As Intended.

Actually been bugged as far back as 1.4.

Bioware already addressed this though, to sum it up:

Yes, you have 100% resistance to force/tech attacks.

But.....But.....

You ALWAYS have a 5% chance to get hit by force/tech attacks.

Does that make sense? No? Well, it makes sense to Bioware, so not sure what to tell you.

TL;DR: Working As Intended.

After tonight's matches, I'm sketched out about if it's even 5%. Every single one of my games, awe went through a half-way done Shroud.

I've found that it often doesn't even remove hostile effects such as tech dots. And it's been this way for months.

Oh well, devs are happy as long as ops have the lolroll and engineer snipers the rollbomb. Everything is as intended. :cool:

This gamebreaking nonsense continues to plague the 'competitive' (lol) form of warzones known as ranked. This issue has single-handedly caused lost balls, lost nodes and other objectives solely because of blind freaking luck. I've been awed, grenaded and CC'd through a 2 out of 4 sec Shroud.

It wasn't intentional for Force/Tech attacks to go through.

Fix your game.

For those who are clueless as to what exactly this ability does.

Force Shroud

Instant

Cooldown: 60s

Removes all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

The tooltip is a bit misleading. While resilience is on, you end up with 200% resistance. In BioWare math 5% > 200% therefore working as intended. The sniper ability does not fail so pretty obvious that some tinkerbell put that in the shadow/assassin codes. Other than that, working as intended when you get flashbanged in the fire or stay stay with the dots on :D

i think low-slash ignores shroud.

Low slash is weapon attack, so it should indeed ignore shroud. The stun applies, because low slash hits successfully (if it isn't defended).

Regardless, there is a thread going on about shroud already. Wish some dev would reply to the shroud concerns.

The tooltip is a bit misleading. While resilience is on, you end up with 200% resistance. In BioWare math 5% > 200% therefore working as intended. The sniper ability does not fail so pretty obvious that some tinkerbell put that in the shadow/assassin codes. Other than that, working as intended when you get flashbanged in the fire or stay stay with the dots on :D

this drives me crazy. how is entrench not also susceptible to this 5% failure chance? other than the BW loves they some snipers answer.

This gamebreaking nonsense continues to plague the 'competitive' (lol) form of warzones known as ranked. This issue has single-handedly caused lost balls, lost nodes and other objectives solely because of blind freaking luck. I've been awed, grenaded and CC'd through a 2 out of 4 sec Shroud..

you always record, don't you? I'd be interested in seeing this.

this drives me crazy. how is entrench not also susceptible to this 5% failure chance? other than the BW loves they some snipers answer.

Cause brah shroud is OP... period. As an engineering sniper I can entrench for 20 sec, pop EMP discharge, and immediately pop entrench for another 20 sec. But clearly 3 sec of shroud needs to have some achilles heel.

Cause brah shroud is OP... period. As an engineering sniper I can entrench for 20 sec, pop EMP discharge, and immediately pop entrench for another 20 sec. But clearly 3 sec of shroud needs to have some achilles heel.

I see your point and the servers crash when the Shadow is on a 5s resilience. :rolleyes:

the difference is how the ability is defined by the developers:

Entrenches you into cover, becoming immune to all controlling effects. Only usable in cover. Ends prematurely if cover is exited. Lasts 20 seconds.

It does not say it gives some extra % chance to avoid controlling effects, it outrights says IMMUNE. As for force shroud %, we all know that anything that has a % on it is subject to different stats stacking which may result in the number going below or above depending on all the modifiers.

Edited by NoTomorrow

the difference is how the ability is defined by the developers:

Entrenches you into cover, becoming immune to all controlling effects. Only usable in cover. Ends prematurely if cover is exited. Lasts 20 seconds.

It does not say it gives some extra % chance to avoid controlling effects, it outrights says IMMUNE. As for force shroud %, we all know that anything that has a % on it is subject to different stats stacking which may result in the number going below or above depending on all the modifiers.

i understand the semantics. that wasn't the point. but thank you. see? I'm turning over a new leaf.

Okay, lol. Just got out of another game. Zab sapped an assassin through Shroud and I was able to use overload through another's.

It's not 5%. Something has broken Shroud even more since patch

Edited by Xinika

It's broken, not working as intended.

The tooltip is wrong then? 100% isn't 95%. Period.

Or Bioware fix Shroud/Resilience or they change the tooltip.

But we know that they won't fix it. A simple jump bug they can't fix.

Edited by NogueiraA

i think low-slash ignores shroud.

probably because its WEAPON damage and not force/tech

This thread makes me laugh, I love how when something is broken about sins theres like 200 people making threads on forums about it.

Yep shroud is definately broken!!!

Because when they say increases resistance by 100%... instead of saying "BECOME IMMUNE TO ALL FORCE/TECH TYPE ATTACKS", they really meant its 100% regardless of target's accuracy right.... or any other circumstance for that matter, OH you do know that FORCE and TECH accuracy starts at 100% when you have 0 accuracy, and BOLSTER in pvp gives you 83 accuracy rating... which means you'll have at least 1% accuracy above 100%

LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME

*********** noobs

Edited by Puscifer

I'm not even sure how this is remotely possible, but I was playing against some lethality guys in games today (once in voidstar and once in civil war, iirc) and after hitting shroud and cloak the dots had re-applied themselves and kept ticking and brought me back out of stealth for the next 18s.

One would think that after someone uses shroud, any dots that attempt to re-apply themselves would get resisted and not get applied, but apparently that isn't how it works. I'll try this in some duels later on but I'm pretty sure every time I tried to shroud it, it remained on me via the re-application effect.

probably because its WEAPON damage and not force/tech

This thread makes me laugh, I love how when something is broken about sins theres like 200 people making threads on forums about it.

Yep shroud is definately broken!!!

Because when they say increases resistance by 100%... instead of saying "BECOME IMMUNE TO ALL FORCE/TECH TYPE ATTACKS", they really meant its 100% regardless of target's accuracy right.... or any other circumstance for that matter, OH you do know that FORCE and TECH accuracy starts at 100% when you have 0 accuracy, and BOLSTER in pvp gives you 83 accuracy rating... which means you'll have at least 1% accuracy above 100%

LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME

*********** noobs

It adds 200% to your resist, l2p and stop acting like you have a clue.

And everyboy knows low slash is supposed to work through shroud, any sin who has ever dueled deception is well aware of this.

Edited by JP_Legatus