Arenas and Bolster - Question for the Devs

So-low

With the know well-known implementation of the 4v4 arenas come ~October, are you planning on having players have bolstered stats inside of them, like in the Warzones we do now? Or is it your intention that players will need a full set of PVP gear in order to obtain enough expertise?

This is not a whine thread for my opinions on bolster (pro or con), but merely an important question to ask regarding the gearing preparations we should make in anticipation of arenas.

i.e. If there will be bolster then our current gearing strats for warzones will likely not be changed. However with no bolster we may need to prepare and obtain the highest tier PVE mh/oh hilt/barrel to get the superior tech/force damage. This idea also applies to those of us using PVE set bonuses, etc.

A yellow response would be appreciated.

As a side note, and slightly unrelated question: with the new "Elder game gear" you are releasing, I am assuming this means a new tier. With bolster in place, whenever a new tier comes out, the force/tech and min/max damage of mainhand/offhand weapons gets significantly boosted from the previous tier, inside of WZs. For example, when the Kell Drgon gear came out for PvE, all weapons inside of WZS are now bolstered to the KD item level, which significantly affects things like healing and damage output/TTK, etc. The question here is, have you taken into consideration what effect the new level of PVE gear will have on PVP?

Please let there be No Bolster in Arenas.

Please itemize the PvP gear adequately so that Bolster is not required to make the PvP gear BiS in a PvP environment.

Bolster is already in place for PvP.....why would they change that now? Also, if you advanced even 1 level higher and PvP'd after 2.0 then bolster assisted you on the way up....why not allow it to do the same for others?

Bolster is already in place for PvP.....why would they change that now? Also, if you advanced even 1 level higher and PvP'd after 2.0 then bolster assisted you on the way up....why not allow it to do the same for others?

Because Bolster is garbage.

Holy crap OP how many toons do you have? Do you sleep? ***...

Game is almost two years old...It's not hard to have that many alts at 55 if he's been around since launch. It doesn't exactly take long to level in this game and we have had multiple double xp events. Heck it only took me one weekend to go from 1-45 on my sniper during the double xp event.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/64p5c7.jpg

I play all classes equally so as to remain unbiased and learn strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Am I still considered an altaholic if all of them are geared and top the charts?

it's good to know other specs weaknesses. I can vouch for that.

after 19 months, 6 o 7 double exp weekends, I'm still amazed that some people who play since the start have only 2 hi level toons...

it's good to know other specs weaknesses. I can vouch for that.

That's just stupid.

Anyways does anyone know of a bug/hack I have been experiencing lately (think its a hack and only see marauders/sents using it), basically they take next to no damage and then they freaking vanish...hacks are ruining my immersion.

That's just stupid.

Anyways does anyone know of a bug/hack I have been experiencing lately (think its a hack and only see marauders/sents using it), basically they take next to no damage and then they freaking vanish...hacks are ruining my immersion.

I know, I've seen some shadows doing speed hack, they would just burst a thousant meters in a blink of an eye, it takes just 2 seconds. damn hackers :(

luckly assassins don't hack.

I know, I've seen some shadows doing speed hack, they would just burst a thousant meters in a blink of an eye, it takes just 2 seconds. damn hackers :(

luckly assassins don't hack.

Ever since 2.0 I have seen an alarming number or sorcs/sages being IMMUNE TO ALL FREAKING DAMAGE.

Hacking is getting out of control.

Ever since 2.0 I have seen an alarming number or sorcs/sages being IMMUNE TO ALL FREAKING DAMAGE.

Hacking is getting out of control.

and I've seen Vanguards that run thro my leg shot... juggernaut even lept to me while I was in a cover! from 8 meters!

bio, start banning peoples!

Game is almost two years old...It's not hard to have that many alts at 55 if he's been around since launch. It doesn't exactly take long to level in this game and we have had multiple double xp events. Heck it only took me one weekend to go from 1-45 on my sniper during the double xp event.

It's true, leveling these toons did not take long at all. I also know of many people who have more than me, including multiples of the same class.

Also, I was shooting this Jug on my slinger, and all my shots got reflected to me and killed me!! If anyone sees this happening, plz report obvious hacker on CD.

Anyways, back on topic: Will there be bolster in arenas, or are the devs keeping it Warzones only?

My guess is that they will still be using bolster in Arenas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.