The REAL Most Powerful Capital Ship

TalonVII

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super weapon, unfortunately.

I guess the laser being its main weapon would make it count as one, wouldn't it.

Are we counting the Super class ships? Those could be classed as Super Weapons all on their own, what with their sheer destructive power.

I guess the laser being its main weapon would make it count as one, wouldn't it.

Are we counting the Super class ships? Those could be classed as Super Weapons all on their own, what with their sheer destructive power.

That is true. I mean I guess we could count anything like the Viscout or SSDs as super weapons.

what do you think everybody? SSDs classified as capital weapons or Super weapons? Probably something I should of asked from the getgo.

Nice catch.

That is true. I mean I guess we could count anything like the Viscout or SSDs as super weapons.

what do you think everybody? SSDs classified as capital weapons or Super weapons? Probably something I should of asked from the getgo.

Nice catch.

Capital weapons? :confused:

If you mean capital ships (:D) then yes, count them.

They were, i guess you could say, mass produced.... There were a few of them floating around at once, so you cant really call them superweapons.

Easily destroyable and not super OP, so no, not a superweapon IMO

If it's between the Bellator and Viscount, then it's a matter of preference. Do you want heavy firepower, or classic Mon Calamari shield tech?

Saying "It's a matter of preference" on a forum....

... :mon_trap:

If it's between the Bellator and Viscount, then it's a matter of preference. Do you want heavy firepower, or classic Mon Calamari shield tech?

I say having shields ontop of shields, so you can shield while you shield while also dishing out some serious firepower is good.

Number one would have to be the Darksaber, if it hadn't been built by complete idiots.

But it was built by complete idiots, and blew up on the first firing of it's weapon.

Also there is the arguement that it wasn't realy a ship, but a flying canon, ie you fly it into position, stop, then fire, while with a ship part of the point is to fire while flying.

I say having shields ontop of shields, so you can shield while you shield while also dishing out some serious firepower is good.

True, strong shields are good, the question realy is would the shields protect it enough to destroy the other, or would the others heavier fire power overwhelm the shields?. I don't actually know, I am asking.

ok Top 3 if anybody has objection are:

1. Viscount Star Defender

2. Bellator Star Dreadnought

3. Executor SSD

So what's in at #4? I'll get the ball rolling with either the Imp star II or Home 1.

Edited by TalonVII

Ugh sorry i got things switched up due to my headache.

Not the Bellator, I meant the Assertor, not as big as an executor but the city scape has heavy armour plating, much more heavy turbolasers, which were used as the main weaponry on the vessel, as well as back up shield domes solely for the bridge tower and heavily armoured engines which were far more numerous, making for superior speed.

It also sported thicker armour over-all than an executor did, it was basically half star dreadnought and half weapons platform.

Ugh sorry i got things switched up due to my headache.

Not the Bellator, I meant the Assertor, not as big as an executor but the city scape has heavy armour plating, much more heavy turbolasers, which were used as the main weaponry on the vessel, as well as back up shield domes solely for the bridge tower and heavily armoured engines which were far more numerous, making for superior speed.

It also sported thicker armour over-all than an executor did, it was basically half star dreadnought and half weapons platform.

aha, ok i'll fix that then Assertor

I should note that the Assertor was a top dog in a time when ships like the Executor and Viscount classes had been phased out and replaced with more mobile weapons platform type ships, the Assertor was the meeting of the two, heavily armoured, very fast and so many heavy turbolaser cannons that it's power could match any vessel.

that is also a capitalship

If it has a superweapon laser like the Eclipse or the darksaber was basically a stripped down Deathstar laser, than that is not considered in this list. That can go under superweapons thread if there is ever one. Stick to warships.

Sovereign-class dreadnought for #4 if not #3 or #2...

I'd say Mediator-class Battle Cruiser gets #5

Now that the SSD's and their varients have been used up, I propose Imperial II Star Destroyers for #6. These things where used by the New Republic and even the GA/Imp remnant for decades. I mean a good Imp II Destroyer sure lived up to its name.

Perhaps the MC-90 or MC-140 for #7 unless someone has a better choice.

Really like the choices so far though, surprised others agreed that the Assertor-class was better than the Executor-class. I'd just thought I was crazy.

Edited by StarSquirrel