To the people undercutting on GTN by 50%

Otchiver

I just sold 9 black-blue indestructable Crystals for 111K per crystal and nobody bought your product at 50% under Cut.

I just walked away with about 950K.

This is how you make money, you price with the rest of them within reason or people will not buy from you at all.

You know who you are. Time for a change. Stop undercutting and burning credits that other people are working hard or. I won't name names as per Bioware policy. But i hope it tastes good....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sold 9 black-blue indestructable Crystals for 111K per crystal and nobody bought your product at 50% under Cut.

This is how you make money, you price with the rest of them within reason or people will not buy from you at all.

You know who you are. Time for a change. Stop undercutting and burning credits that other people are working hard or. I won't name names as per Bioware policy. But i hope it tastes good....

Query? How do you know they did not sell theirs and post more. We not buy theirs and sell for profit?

Edited by Taorus

I got one of those overlord chairs from a pack one day. I sold it for a little over a million, when other chairs were going for triple or quadruple that. Why did i do that? because i dont care about credits. I buy packs here and there to see if a piece drops that will look good on one of my toons. I'm not a hardcore GTN/CM pack PVPer i guess, so i dont buy packs in order to turn everything that comes from a pack into credits.

Also, one time i was talking to a random person on Rep Taris side about collections. I think they were talking about crystal this and crystal that. I said to them, hey do you want a +41 endurance level 10 crystal? Did they use it and add to their collection? did they sell it on the GTN? i dont know, i havent been back to that server/faction in a few weeks. But either way i think i made somebody happy. Since we were sharing stories and everything, i figured i would share those with you all.

On a side note, if charity had a flavor what do you guys think it would taste like? i'm thinking charity tastes like vanilla ice cream. thoughts?

Obviously he's full of it. If he is so smart as he claim to be, he'd buy the cheap ones that are half his and resell it IF he actually did sell them. I think a little rage is happening because he can't peddle his junk for outrageous prices.

Obviously he's full of it. If he is so smart as he claim to be, he'd buy the cheap ones that are half his and resell it IF he actually did sell them. I think a little rage is happening because he can't peddle his junk for outrageous prices.

!!! but if he did that then the guy who undercuts for 50% wins too! and we cant have that now can we? [/borrows sarcasm tags from Jimvinny]

LOL this is funny. I sell at 50% under and more and CAN"T keep my stock full at times. You can TRY and get people to put their prices near yours so you can MAKE more but I think I will keep under cutting you just to hear your whines.

LOL this is funny. I sell at 50% under and more and CAN"T keep my stock full at times. You can TRY and get people to put their prices near yours so you can MAKE more but I think I will keep under cutting you just to hear your whines.

If you can't keep your stock full, you are likely listing for too low a price. Ya, I get it...undercutting...but if you are in a situation where you can't keep up with demand, you might want to raise your price. ;)

Congratulations. A fool bought your expensive crap instead of the cheaper ones and now you come bragging as if it's completely your doing.

I highly doubt that this is true. I think it's more likely that you have fabricated a neat little story in the hopes of deceiving people into posting at your price point. You managed to sucker some people into paying ridiculous prices. Cool story, bro.

That's how you sell stuff. Maybe not as extreme an undercut as 50%, but if my competition is selling at 21k and I have two of such items, I'll sell for 19k and 20k. Why? Because it works, and I get a fair bit of credits from it. Don't like it? Wait it out until prices are higher, or undercut me when you get the items back. Whatever.

I love it when I see a unit price for something at say 2k so I post a bunch for 1200. The person that has them listed for 2k buys all mine, posts them at 2k and then I use the profits I get to get more of the same product and post for 1200 while theirs just sit there.

People do realize that price fixing is bad for everyone right? Even if you're the top of the chain rich person controlling the market, you've still deprived your country of all the benefits of a free market. In the US for instance, the type of price fixing mentioned here is illegal.

If you can't keep your stock full, you are likely listing for too low a price. Ya, I get it...undercutting...but if you are in a situation where you can't keep up with demand, you might want to raise your price. ;)

Why would he do that? 99% of the time, the person who sells items everyday for a reasonable price will make a ton more money than the person who sells a couple of the same items at a much higher price. In game or in the real world steady repeat business is the key to long term success.

For example, I sell stacks of 10 stims for a small discount off the individual priced item and I sell approximately 10 times as fast as if I listed each individually for the market rate. This has been steady and true for over a year now.

Edited by annabethchase

OP, I hate to break it to you, but I am one of the people who will go out of my way to undercut you...and guess what, I do not have to wait for days to sell the stuff that I placed on the GTN, I wait minutes. I will continue to undercut you in any way I can...why? Because you over price the stuff you place on the GTN and I believe that I do not have to rip off the people who play this game just because I have something they want. Get over it. Rip people off all you like, but when somebody sees one of my good deals, they jump all over it. Have fun with your over pricing though! Sounds like it's working out really well for you! :rolleyes:

What server?

By the way... If we assume you are not completely overloaded with bovine excrement....why would you not buy them, and flip them for a 100% profit? That would actually be something to perhaps boast about. ;)

LOL, you're more than welcome to buy my 50% discounted stuff and sell it at your "correct" price, then we both win.

I sell my stuff and you get to do the public a great service and charge them the inflated price you have deemed proper.

Edited by Kawfup

Why would he do that? 99% of the time, the person who sells items everyday for a reasonable price will make a ton more money than the person who sells a couple of the same items at a much higher price. In game or in the real world steady repeat business is the key to long term success.

For example, I sell stacks of 10 stims for a small discount off the individual priced item and I sell approximately 10 times as fast as if I listed each individually for the market rate. This has been steady and true for over a year now.

They mentioned they were having trouble keeping a stock. If I sell out of something all the time, so much so that I can barely keep up with the rate they are selling, I just raise my price a bit. Then I continue to do so, until I can keep up with the demand. I'm not saying double it, just raise it and see what happens.

I used to sell hypertech fragments at 10/15k on my original server. I couldn't keep them in stock. So I raised my price to 15.5k, then, 16k. Eventually I found that at 17.5k I could keep up with the rate I was selling them. 2.5k more for the same amount of mats, and same amount of time invested in gathering them. It's an easy choice for me.

Ah you have just got to love the free market economy. Where everyone can charge whatever they like and it is down to the consumer to decide what it is they are willing to pay.

I undercut and I am happy to do so. Just last night someone on fleet was in chat wanting to sell an item for 700K when there were already four of the same items listed on the GTN for 100K. Some people just wish to gouge people for a fortune when others are quite happy to make a decent "profit" and get on with playing the game.

These crystals aren't worth nothing any more due to the fact they are easily craftable. The only crystals that do sell for loads now are the super rare cartel pack drops.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.