Which relics for PvP?

Ashenti

After all the changes, i'm now confused over which effects stack etc..

So, outright question, what do you think are the best 2 relics for a lethality Sniper in PvP?

I am currently using the Conqueror Relic of the Cerulean Nova and the Matrix Cube

The high Cunning from the Cube is nice, but I'm wondering if swapping for a proc would be beneficial?

Serendipous assault + ewh boundless ages. The lazy mans choice. SA procs when you start dealing damage so its nice and bursty.

once they fix the procs, might consider getting a proc damage one instead as well for more burst.

Serendipous assault + ewh boundless ages. The lazy mans choice. SA procs when you start dealing damage so its nice and bursty.

once they fix the procs, might consider getting a proc damage one instead as well for more burst.

PvP relics proc fine, check this post here.

Instead of ewh +120 power take Cerulean Nova which procs energy tech dmg. Even on heavy armor u hit more DPS than elemental. Check my old post below

Partisan power boost (410power for 6sec, 30% chance, 20sec uptime, +18power): 53

Partisan internal/elemental (190 dmg-spike, 30% chance, 4.5sec uptime, +18power): 47, 51 with +12% dmg in watchman/annihilation

Partisan energy/kinetic (254 dmg, 30%, 4.5sec, +18power): 41 on boss, 44 with 20%-redu, 51 with 20%-redu+marau/sent mid tree

Partisan heal (457 heal over 3sec, 50% chance, 20sec uptime, +18power): 34

Conqueror power boost (435power for 6sec, 30% chance, 20sec uptime, +20power): 57

Conqueror internal/elemental (202 dmg-spike, 30% chance, 4.5sec uptime, +20power): 50, 55 with +12% dmg in watchman/annihilation

Conqueror energy/kinetic (269 dmg, 30%, 4.5sec, +20power): 44 on boss, 47 with 20%-redu, 54 with 20%-redu+marau/sent mid tree

Conqueror heal (484 heal over 3sec, 50% chance, 20sec uptime, +20power): 36

So PvP relics are not optimal in DPS against boss, but against player. Simply because of their high expertise value. Btw energy/kinetic proc-relics should be better than internal/elemental against player, regardless of armor-buff from tank spec. Say partisan heavy armor has 5067 rating, partisan energy/kinetic proc-relic gives you +46DPS, but internal/emental only +42 on a target with inq/cons buff (=10%reduction). Conqueror heavy armor 5199 rating, energy/kinetic +49 and internal/emental +45. Besides on medium armor (3801/3899) or light armor (2684/2705) you will hit more with energy/kinetic! Anyway I didnt check this during wz.

Edited by X-Boson

So would you suggest

keeping my Conquerors Relic of the Cerulean Nova

And dropping the Matrix Cube Relic for the Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault

Yep. Cerulean Nova procs indeed for single target damage, but dont forget the additional expertise, power value on it. That will give u more boost than matrix cube. Disturbing that a lot of ppl out there are profoundly convinced of their lvl 50 ewh and matrix relics. In PvE these relics are no more BiS alrdy before 2.0

Edited by X-Boson

Thank you

with the strange state of bolster, I'm finding it ahrd to work out just how much expertise is worth when comparred to other stats.

The bolster issue only concerns fresh lvl 55 who go with BiS PvE gear in wz. Since all of PvE armor pieces can be bought on GTN, but not PvP. In the end PvP game, u principally want to reach full expertise. Because this will give u much more boost than the other PvE stats u lost, not to mention your increased healing received and defense from expertise.

Edited by X-Boson

The bolster issue only concerns fresh lvl 55 who go with BiS PvE gear in wz. Since all of PvE armor pieces can be bought on GTN, but not PvP. In the end PvP game, u principally want to reach full expertise. Because this will give u much more boost than the other PvE stats u lost, not to mention your increased healing received and defense from expertise.

This is what I am aiming for (max experitse) but, during the gearing up process want to maximise my gear as i go (trying t work out which order to upgrade pieces etc..)

Where bolster is flawed is in situations like I discovered today. I upgrade my rifle to Conquerors and my in WZ bolster dropped my expertise by 45 points :/

Yep. Cerulean Nova procs indeed for single target damage, but dont forget the additional expertise, power value on it. That will give u more boost than matrix cube. Disturbing that a lot of ppl out there are profoundly convinced of their lvl 50 ewh and matrix relics. In PvE these relics are no more BiS alrdy before 2.0

Are you totally sure about that. Using a matrix cube I'm still getting 2018 expertise, so no loss there. No power loss either, since I gain about 80 main stat. Seems to be random burst verses sustained damage increase.

Are you totally sure about that. Using a matrix cube I'm still getting 2018 expertise, so no loss there. No power loss either, since I gain about 80 main stat. Seems to be random burst verses sustained damage increase.

Really, this must be a very bad design. However even in that case in PvP Partisan Cerulean Nova will do more single target dmg than matrix cube, not to mention 20% armor debuff on your target for increased proc dmg. On Op boss both relics will be the same.

Edited by X-Boson

Really, this must be a very bad design. However even in that case Partisan Cerulean Nova will do more single target dmg than matrix cube, not to mention 20% armor debuff on your target for increased proc dmg. On Op boss both relics will be the same.

It is indeed very badly designed. Isn't every new expertise workaround. I do find I parse higher with the cube, but that could be luck. If you get no procs, cube is definitely best, if you get lucky procs, then I don't know.

Can't be bothered to really test it out as I'm sure I get much more lag after allowing combat logging any using the parser, well after a few days of it anyway.

The latest PVP gear should always be the best thing for PVP, alas that does not seem to be understood by the devs.

Actually I dont think there is a fair way to parse it. Out of WZ where u dont get bolster u should get the same DPS on op boss using PvP gear. The lower your gear the better the damage proc relic. Since all of your stats will scale lower on low gear. If I assumed 1 cunning on matrix cube converts into 0.47 DPS with full buff. Thats pretty end PvE gear. So in that case matrix cube is better than Partisan PvP.

Because u dont hit op boss with over 7000 armor in PvP, partisan dmg proc should be better, even on 5000 heavy armor all the time. Anyway as said this is for single target

Edited by X-Boson