The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 10: Darth Malgus vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Aurbere

Can you quickly look over my little thing about sidious' comment?

Post on the previous page.

Read it, and you're probably right. However, Malgus could have documented his battlefield accomplishments in his journal, and it is possible that Sidious read the journal.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a lot of activity during my brief ausence. Let's try to cover up everything.

Beni already posted Malgus feats, I was ready to start making one. I emphasyze that only two other beings were able to utilize Force Maelstrom: Galen Marek, who had the potential to more powerful than the Chosen One, and Darth Sidious, the most powerful Sith Lord in history. This shows the level of power Malgus achieved with the Dark Side.

Also noteworhy, he's the only Dark Side user to ever achieve Oneness. By doing so, he was able to defeat Lord Adraas with his bare hands, walking thorugh te latter's Force Lightning like it was nothing.

Selenial, what Beni said about Force Barrier, isn't that it's power is always the same, independent of the user. Of course it isn't. What he said is that, for example, a Force user can't lift up only 20% of his barrier's full power. Either it's 100% or it's off.

And Sidious quotes should be taken into account. What he tells was taken from Malgus journal. Not by a third party whou could flourish his feats.

Read it, and you're probably right. However, Malgus could have documented his battlefield accomplishments in his journal, and it is possible that Sidious read the journal.

Not possible, he read it from the journal. t was in his possession, he even gave it to Vader, to inspire him.

Cuz his journal wouldn't be biased at all :rolleyes:

Lol

Selenial, what Beni said about Force Barrier, isn't that it's power is always the same, independent of the user. Of course it isn't. What he said is that, for example, a Force user can't lift up only 20% of his barrier's full power. Either it's 100% or it's off.

And Sidious quotes should be taken into account. What he tells was taken from Malgus journal. Not by a third party whou could flourish his feats.

Nope, not a third party who could flourish his feats, but by Malgus himself, who certainly would.

As for the first point, that doesnt contradict what i said in my post, i never said anything about someone lifting half a shield in my discussion on the force lightning.

That was a valiant attempt Beni ;)

The Nightsisters drugged Dooku beforehand, making him weaker in combat...

Dooku had to blast all three of them at once, or he'd leave an opening, he knew arcing his lightning to 3 foes would diminish the power of his bolts and he knew it wouldn't kill them with the Nightsister magic coursing through his veins (Though he didnt know it was Nightsister, he certainly knew it diminished his attacks), and in his state he could not keep it up for long. He therefore directed the lightning into a Telekinetic attack, meant to throw them from the cliff not kill them.

Maybe you're right about the Jedi preparedness.... But... Your force barrier comment?

I wouldn't be so sure.

What Dooku released was a potent burst of energy and while the Nightsister magic may have weakened him he was clearly building up his power before the attack. The lightning he generates is also seems more powerful and lasts a lot, lot longer. And these are Nightsisters - they are are only minorily Force-sensitive, there barriers would be weak.

And then we have this. Dooku was not weakened in any way, and clearly had the intention to kill her. And yet his lightining was not enough to kill her. Even if we take into account Ventress' power, it should have at least rendered her unconscious. I mean lets remember the blast Malgus unleashed was with one hand and only a blast.

And really, you cannot ignore the evidence that Malgus is more powerful than Dooku, Dooku never achieved that kind of power and never mastered Sith Lightning to such a level. Really we have no evidence to suggest that they are equals. That is just your assumption. Remembering that if Malgus had been ambushed by Nightsisters and Ventress, his rage would have likely eliminated the effects of the poison, then choked out the Nightsisters, then decimated Ventress. Really Dooku and Malgus do not compare, and neither does their lightning.

And concerning Force barrier, you misunderstand me. Yes it scales depending on the power of the Force user, but said Force user can't increase or lower their Force barrier strength depending how ready they are. Its either on or its off. So we can't say the other Jedi weren't as prepared as Anakin, because they were in the midst of a duel, and therefore would have had their barriers raised. You would only have a point if Anakin raised an active barrier, but he didn't.

Nope, not a third party who could flourish his feats, but by Malgus himself, who certainly would.

As for the first point, that doesnt contradict what i said in my post, i never said anything about someone lifting half a shield in my discussion on the force lightning.

Well that's what I thought you meant, whatever.

Can you quickly look over my little thing about sidious' comment?

Post on the previous page.

But its not hearsay, and its not exaggeration. All the feats I listed on Malgus are unprecedented, Malgus has no need to exaggerate (and he's not arrogant like that anyway), he's feats speak for themselves. His battle rage has led him to recover from impossible injuries and continue fighting, its allowed him to rip through the unweakened barriers of Force sensitives, and it allowed him to decimate a Jedi battlemaster and his incredible TK abilities. I can assure you, its not hearsay or legend. Malgus' ability to focus his rage is unparalleled.

And lets not forget in the end this is not actually written by Sidious, but by real people, who are not about to say things like this if they are not the case from an in-universe perspective. And just expect the readers to think "Oh he's clearly exaggerating" and move on. In the end its a sourcebook, disguised as an in-universe text i.e. C-Canon.

Edited by Beniboybling

Certainly is a very strong word, especially given this:

Regardless of his contempt for the Jedi, Malgus was a man of principles. He was not accustomed to comforts and never drank wine. He always kept his promises.

Malgus is not arrogant, he is much like Darth Bane, and has no reason to elaborate his abilities in a Journal that only he is intended to read. And anyone would notice anyway, because he'd seem like some kind of demi-god.

I'm surprised no one has taken the tactical senses and mentality of Malgus and Kenobi into account. Seems like a big deal to me.
*shrug* Both are excellent tacticians, I know Malgus applies that tactic ingenuity in battle as well as precognition - but I can't comment on Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan's best tactic would be to run. :p

Well that's what I thought you meant, whatever.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here, both made our points, any more and we'll just go in a loop...

Its up to Aurbere now, and while i'm certainly not saying Kenobi should win, those points about malgus should be taken into account.

*shrug* Both are excellent tacticians, I know Malgus applies that tactic ingenuity in battle as well as precognition - but I can't comment on Obi-Wan.

I'm sure you read the analysis. I have to give Obi-Wan the edge in terms of a tactical sense. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a master of misdirection, distraction, and Sokan. This combined with his very impressive Force Sense, gives him the advantage here.

Also, Obi-Wan can't run. If he does, Captain Falcon will run over him. :D

I'm sure you read the analysis. I have to give Obi-Wan the edge in terms of a tactical sense. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a master of misdirection, distraction, and Sokan. This combined with his very impressive Force Sense, gives him the advantage here.

Also, Obi-Wan can't run. If he does, Captain Falcon will run over him. :D

How can you expect me to when I'm suffering from BattleZone withdrawal symptoms! :D

Anyway, your analysis is interesting, however I feel your being a little harsh on Malgus. He may have something of a tunnel vision but that doesn't prevent him from applying clever tactics, but its simply always in relation to his opponent. And if anything its something of a boon because Malgus can focus all his energy of Obi-Wan.

Whereas Obi-Wan's abilities will be hampered as he'll be too distracted by Malgus' onslaught to manipulate the environment around him. And while yes he was able to hold of Anakin, Anakin only became a real power duelist as Vader, before that Malgus' pure strength surpasses Anakin's considerably.

How can you expect me to when I'm suffering from BattleZone withdrawal symptoms! :D

Again, I apologize for the delay.

Anyway, your analysis is interesting, however I feel your being a little harsh on Malgus. He may have something of a tunnel vision but that doesn't prevent him from applying clever tactics, but its simply always in relation to his opponent. And if anything its something of a boon because Malgus can focus all his energy of Obi-Wan.

I felt like I gave Malgus the credit he was due. I noted that his focus is both an advantage and a disadvantage. However, against someone with the broad tactical mind and incredible sense of the surroundings, the disadvantage was too glaring in my opinion.

Like I said, Malgus' focus is both advantageous and disadvatageous.

Whereas Obi-Wan's abilities will be hampered as he'll be too distracted by Malgus' onslaught to manipulate the environment around him. And while yes he was able to hold of Anakin, Anakin only became a real power duelist as Vader, before that Malgus' pure strength surpasses Anakin's considerably.[/color]

Well, remember that the moment Anakin let up (voluntarily or involuntarily), Obi-Wan was gone, taking advantage of the environment.

Like I always say in the analysis, it is up to the debaters to decide how both of these characters stack up. The given edges are only my opinion based upon the evidence provided.

Now, I'll be away for a while to write up the next chapter of my fan-fic. You kids have fun while I'm gone. :)

Again, I apologize for the delay.

Understandable, no one can keep up something like this for so long and not expect delays every once in a while

Now, I'll be away for a while to write up the next chapter of my fan-fic. You kids have fun while I'm gone. :)[/color]

Heh... Speaking of which...

BBBEEENNNIII

Go write the next Traya arc! You complain about Battlezone Withdrawal... I haz Traya Withdrawal!

I might have to go Replay kotor 2 to sate my hunger!

Back me up here Aurbere :p You want it as much as I

Edited by Selenial

I know that was a joke, but running and using the building to his advantage is actually his best tactic :p

Now Wolf asks what has Malgus done, which gives me an excuse to make a nice list:

Batted aside huge chunks of metal with his lightsaber with ridiculous ease, then proceeded to plough through a starship engine completely unscathed. I cannot recall a single occasion where anyone has been able to bat aside such large objects with their lightsaber. Let alone with ease.

Ripped through the defences of a Jedi Battlemaster in seconds, display the sheer power of the Force rage Sidious makes reference to. Even though Darach was tired, this remains unprecedented.

Survived a point-blank explosion to the face, followed by being pummelled by a powerful Force wave that buried him under tonnes of rubble. I'm don't think I need to provide a link here. I'm sure we can all recall the event and how damn painful that looked.

Malgus, after emerging from the rubble. Proceeded, without receiving medical treatment, to engage a a Jedi. The Jedi collapsed a building on the already weakened Malgus and through the sheer power of his anger Malgus burst out from the rubble, and slaughter the Jedi. Taking the time, in the midst of the duel, to Force choke another Jedi to death who was had hidden his presence and was planning on ambushing him.

Killed three Jedi with a single burst of lightning instantly despite them likely wearing protective armour. Only Sidious himself has destroyed Force users of such caliber with his lightning.

While carving a path to Zallow, he was waylayed by three Jedi which he killed in seconds. I know people at this point are probably taking Malgus' awesomeness for granted by now (:D) but lets not forget these are Jedi Knights. Not walking bantha poodoo, yet Malgus treats them as such.

After witnessing Daru being blasted into a column by Ven Zallow he entered another hate filled fury and Force choked a random Jedi who tried engage him, ripping through his Force shields and killing him. Like a lame dog.

Then, after all that, Malgus experienced Oneness with the dark side and became even more powerful.

Oh and something else I found on Wookiee.

Three Republic troops opened fire on Malgus who perceived dozens incoming blaster fire with perfect clarity and deflected those bolts back at the attackers, killing them all.

Obi-Wan isn't going to be too fast for Malgus, that's for sure.

1. Ok

2. Vader killed Cin within 2 moves.

3. That didn't seem like a powerful explosion really, but regardless Vader has tanked worse.

4. Alright.

5. K, though armor wouldn't exactly help the Jedi against Force attacks unless they were specialized.

6. Yet they actually are, this is what fodder is, it doesn't matter if they are Jedi Knights, they are just there just to be killed the same with Ven Zallow and him casually killing the two sith.

6. See point 5

These feats aren't really spectacular aside from 1 and 3. I was expecting something more ground breaking.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

1. Ok

3. That didn't seem like a powerful explosion really, but regardless Vader has tanked worse.

3. Alright.

4. K, though armor wouldn't exactly help the Jedi against Force attacks unless they were specialized.

5. Yet they actually are, this is what fodder is, it doesn't matter if they are Jedi Knights, they are just there just to be killed the same with Ven Zallow and him casually killing the two sith.

6. See point 5

These feats aren't really spectacular aside from 1 and 3. I was expecting something more ground breaking.

You said 3 twice.

I'd like to add something to the first "3," jace Malcolm survived it too, so it obviously isn't designed to be a one shot grenade, more a concussive one... Not flash bang, but still, concussive....

1. Ok

3. Alright.

4. K, though armor wouldn't exactly help the Jedi against Force attacks unless they were specialized.

5. Yet they actually are, this is what fodder is, it doesn't matter if they are Jedi Knights, they are just there just to be killed the same with Ven Zallow and him casually killing the two sith.

6. See point 5

They are Jedi, not the army. They don't raise Knights just to become fodder. They had soldiers securing the Temple for that.

They are Jedi, not the army. They don't raise Knights just to become fodder. They had soldiers securing the Temple for that.

Yet the Jedi get killed with extreme ease, I think that is fodder if they didn't do anything to Malgus just like the Sith didn't do anything to Ven.

Fodder- people considered as readily available and of little value; cannon fodder

They were all readily available, and got killed without a thought on both sides. Yet regardless, this feat has been matched anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yet the Jedi get killed with extreme ease, I think that is fodder if they didn't do anything to Malgus just like the Sith didn't do anything to Ven.

Fodder- people considered as readily available and of little value; cannon fodder

They were all readily available, and got killed without a thought on both sides. Yet regardless, this feat has been matched anyway.

So, you would call Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin fodder too?

Edited by marcelo_sdk

At that moment in time? Yes they were fodder, just to show how powerful Palpatine was, Cin was fodder too.

Thanks for making my point. All those guys were fodder, not because they were weak, but because their opponents were exceptionally strong. The same situation with Malgus, if the Knights were fodder, this wasn't for their weakness, but by Malgus power.

Thanks for making my point. All those guys were fodder, not because they were weak, but because their opponents were exceptionally strong. The same situation with Malgus, if the Knights were fodder, this wasn't for their weakness, but by Malgus power.

I never said that they were weak, just that they were fodder to get killed. But the Jedi Malgus killed did nothing before hand, they were only around to die, the same with the Sith that Ven killed. So matched feat? Yes.

Edit: Actually nvrm, that bit is kinda pointless. Anyway back to this fight, this is gonna come down to Force ability then anything else. In which yes, Malgus does have Force Maelstrom...however, Obi-Wan isn't a moron and depending on what things are gonna be flying at him he could always...

1. Force push them away with his powerful force push

or

2. Avoid them

or

3. Maybe even use Force Repulse?

Now what kinda things are in the Senate building, East wing?

Wait well judging from a picture I see, there isn't a whole lot of loose things Malgus could get to form a Maelstrom. Unless in the room, there is some stuff laying around that he could use.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think differently, for me the duel will be decided with lightsabers. As Malgus Force Powers surpasses Obi-Wan's by a considerable margin, the latter has showed more then able to defend the most advanced Force techniques, bringing the fight, eventually, to his speciality, lightsaber combat. But really, in this case, Obi-Wan has no way out, either via Force or lightsabers, Malgus will eventually bring him down.