Sniper Team Rollbang!

DkSharktooth

Sniper Team Rollbang!

http://www.twitch.tv/skillxx/c/2572865

http://i.imgur.com/0TSt9W5.jpg

So we tried three engineer snipers for team rollbang, couldn't find a fourth :/

Note: Offense was much better than defense for coordinated rollbangs. Don't mind the loss, we were playing objective and you know how unranked goes with pugs. Goal of the vod was to have fun and rollbang as much as you can on cooldown =)

P.S.

This is all testing to show the dev team what this "cleaver use of ingame mechanics" can actually do. We have already reported it.

Hope You Enjoyed The Video!

Sincerely,

-Team Rollbang

Edited by DkSharktooth

Sniper Team Rollbang!

http://www.twitch.tv/skillxx/c/2572865

http://i.imgur.com/0TSt9W5.jpg

So we tried three engineer snipers for team rollbang, couldn't find a fourth :/

Don't mind the loss, we were playing objective and you know how unranked goes with pugs. Goal of the vod was to have fun and rollbang as much as you can on cooldown =)

P.S.

This is all testing to show the dev team what this "cleaver use of ingame mechanics" can actually do. We have already reported it.

Hope You Enjoyed The Video!

Sincerely,

-Team Rollbang

You're just now realizing how much damage that roll does? Most Eng snipers realized on the PTS that the move is fairly OP. However, I doubt it gets nerfed, because it's situational and not always easy to use. I've pinned a person and wiped them out, but had someone stand right next to them not take any damage.

So, I say let's just keep on ROLLING

We knew how much the roll did, we just perfected doing it in any place (rollbang) instead of only when enemy is near a wall (wallbang).

Perfected? Just pin someone against something and roll. As long as you can't roll over it, you're MONEY.

The sandbags or the base of the dish in Novare work well. Tons of places in Voidstar and Hypergate.

Sniper Team Rollbang!

P.S.

Sincerely,

-Team Rollbang

"gg.gg...we didn't win, but that's not really what matters is it"..

I guess I can start here. What you did is something anyone can do with any class, it's called farming. Bring 3 smash, 3 marksman, 3 grav spammers etc and you can get the same result if all you care about it getting numbers on the scoreboard and not actually winning.

Try sabo spec in rated and see if it's as easy as you make it out to be. I'd be surprised if you get more than two or three rolls off across the entire game. It's not so easy when the merc is going to use hold the line, the sorc god bubble, the scoundrel dodge........

Next, you said

Why do you think this is a novel idea? I'm sure 100s if not 1000s of people did this for smash, and look what kind of place it still is in.

Instead of saying "nerf this cuz it's op k?" How about you offer a viable alternative (I'm assuming you play the sniper class and would like a viable alternative). The engineering roll is entirely useless without wallbang, and would have to be either reworked or completely replaced.

For example "Using roll resets the cooldown of explosive probe and makes the next 4 contingency charges cause double the damage".

Only Bioware knows if this will be changed or not. I hope it isn't. It takes more skill than most would give credit for to use it in ranked. Probably more than a simple rotation based around keeping followthrough/trickshot reset on CD and a rotation based around spreading dots and cull.......:rolleyes:

I understand people's frustration with it (the same people had/have with smash). Healers don't like to die, and of course it's not their fault that they die (that would be taking accountability). At the same time, I like slicing through overpowered operative and sorc healers with the help of scatterbombs, so whether or not this will be changed without a healer nerf is questionable.

Edited by EnzoForMe

"gg.gg...we didn't win, but that's not really what matters is it"..

I guess I can start here. What you did is something anyone can do with any class, it's called farming. Bring 3 smash, 3 marksman, 3 grav spammers etc and you can get the same result if all you care about it getting numbers on the scoreboard and not actually winning.

Try sabo spec in rated and see if it's as easy as you make it out to be. I'd be surprised if you get more than two or three rolls off across the entire game. It's not so easy when the merc is going to use hold the line, the sorc god bubble, the scoundrel dodge........

Next, you said

Why do you think this is a novel idea? I'm sure 100s if not 1000s of people did this for smash, and look what kind of place it still is in.

Instead of saying "nerf this cuz it's op k?" How about you offer a viable alternative (I'm assuming you play the sniper class and would like a viable alternative). The engineering roll is entirely useless without wallbang, and would have to be either reworked or completely replaced.

For example "Using roll resets the cooldown of explosive probe and makes the next 4 contingency charges cause double the damage".

Only Bioware knows if this will be changed or not. I hope it isn't. It takes more skill than most would give credit for to use it in ranked. Probably more than a simple rotation based around keeping followthrough/trickshot reset on CD and a rotation based around spreading dots and cull.......:rolleyes:

I understand people's frustration with it (the same people had/have with smash). Healers don't like to die, and of course it's not their fault that they die (that would be taking accountability). At the same time, I like slicing through overpowered operative and sorc healers with the help of scatterbombs, so whether or not this will be changed without a healer nerf is questionable.

Ah, look, a sniper defending a blatant bug.

Perfected? Just pin someone against something and roll. As long as you can't roll over it, you're MONEY.

The sandbags or the base of the dish in Novare work well. Tons of places in Voidstar and Hypergate.

You don't need to pin them against something is my point. You don't need a pillar or wall, u can do it anywhere.

/snip

I dont think you read his concern with the roll. the problem isnt rolling into an object to get the dps, it is rolling + jumping in place to get the dps. People arent asking for the roll itself to be nerfed because it shouldn't; they are asking for devs to not allow GS/Snipers to jump while rolling in order to create that amount of burst whenever/wherever they want.

obviously, you think the roll+jump should be removed as well since you said the below

The engineering roll is entirely useless without wallbang, and would have to be either reworked or completely replaced.
Edited by ForsakenKing

I dont think you read his concern with the roll. the problem isnt rolling into an object to get the dps, it is rolling + jumping in place to get the dps. People arent asking for the roll itself to be nerfed because it shouldn't; they are asking for devs to not allow GS/Snipers to jump while rolling in order to create that amount of burst whenever/wherever they want.

obviously, you think the roll+jump should be removed as well since you said the below

Yep I don't think you should be able to roll in place (I never do). THAT is clearly a bug.

If he is than thats a terrible idea : -P. That would seriously be the most OP spike damage the game has ever known.

Take a breather and step away from the keyboard.

If you read the dude's post, he's just trying to make a point about not QQing without actually offering some ideas on how to fix a bug. He gave the example more to fit his explanation than actually advocating that enhancement.

Now step back to the keyboard and carry on.

Take a breather and step away from the keyboard.

If you read the dude's post, he's just trying to make a point about not QQing without actually offering some ideas on how to fix a bug. He gave the example more to fit his explanation than actually advocating that enhancement.

Now step back to the keyboard and carry on.

I think you're the one who needs to take a breather. I was just trying to get some clarification on what it meant, I found it to be a confusing part of his post.

I think you're the one who needs to take a breather. I was just trying to get some clarification on what it meant, I found it to be a confusing part of his post.

It was more of an arbitrary example for sake of argument, not really a suggestion. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they altered the engineering roll to see sabo charge/contingency charges buffed and contingency charges moved higher up into the tree so the hybrid specs can't access them.