Things you are excited about coming in up in SWTOR

skiibyrd

So I run a channel on youtube, and do a Lets Play series for Star Wars The Old Republic (thunderbyrd007 is the channel name), and in the next episode I am going to discuss the SWTOR community, their opinion of the game, what you guys like/dislike, what improvement the developers have done well at addressing since launch (or not done well ), what new things are you current favorite items, what keeps you playing the game, what you guys want most in the game, things like that... I really hope we as a community can keep new players coming in, and hopefully this video can help new potential players to get into the game! Your feedback will be used in the newest episode of my Lets Play series, in an update I'm calling the SWTOR Community update.

Thanks for any and all feedback, see you in the game!

Thunderbyrd007's Youtube Channel Link

Lets Play: Star Wars The Old Republic Episode #1

Edited by skiibyrd

If you could consistently criticize the game weekly, you'd get more viewers than positive Let's Plays for TOR. It would bring in viewers from other communities to point and laugh, and I think you'd triple your subscribers. If you want to throw in a complimetn here or there for a feature you like, sure, that's not unreasonable. But negative is definitely the way to go.

Guess not-so excited, but just really impatient. I'm still waiting for this game's major PvP patch. Since PvP has been nothing but a cluster**** since 2.0, this patch better deliver.

Heck, something like the removal of bolster at Lv. 55 WZs would be amazing! Just something really major that a lot of PvP'ers would love.

:)

Space Missions

As barebones as they are, I love them (old school X-Wing/TieFighter gamer) and would love to see them expanded into X-Wing/TieFighter style missions. Actually piloting from the cockpit, with more control, and more robust mission objectives. You could make some time limit based, or other kill X based and the only way to fail is you die or take too long in the case of timed missions.

Implement and support that, and I would sub till this games servers explode from overuse.

Edited by Yungscion

If you could consistently criticize the game weekly, you'd get more viewers than positive Let's Plays for TOR. It would bring in viewers from other communities to point and laugh, and I think you'd triple your subscribers. If you want to throw in a complimetn here or there for a feature you like, sure, that's not unreasonable. But negative is definitely the way to go.

I see what you mean, but I really have enjoyed this game, and have been playing consistantly since launch, and want to help the community by bringing in new players. I dont really think doing negative videos, or complaining about the game would do it much justice, and would probably make people not want to play. Also, I am doing the lets play series for the story of the different classes, since Bioware did a great job with most of them, and they are really interesting.

Guess not-so excited, but just really impatient. I'm still waiting for this game's major PvP patch. Since PvP has been nothing but a cluster**** since 2.0, this patch better deliver.

Heck, something like the removal of bolster at Lv. 55 WZs would be amazing! Just something really major that a lot of PvP'ers would love.

:)

I agree, recently in the Old Republic Insider they stated that in an upcoming update they would have a lot of big changes for PvP players, but have not released what they would be yet. I agree, PvP could use some improvement (after 2.0 the naked PvP was funny as hell!). I really hope they do continue to work on the PvP because the game does have a lot of great potential in this area, I would really like a couple new Hutt Ball Arena's, and new objective based PvP matches, and the ability to choose which types you would or would not que for.

I see what you mean, but I really have enjoyed this game, and have been playing consistantly since launch, and want to help the community by bringing in new players. I dont really think doing negative videos, or complaining about the game would do it much justice, and would probably make people not want to play. Also, I am doing the lets play series for the story of the different classes, since Bioware did a great job with most of them, and they are really interesting.

You can be critical and still like the product. Look at things like the Angry Video Game Nerd as an example. People will go out and play/replay things just because you're giving attention to them, positive or negative. Don't rule it out, all the biggest Let's Players are angry or parodying anger, like Game Grumps. Don't be afraid to call a feature crap when you're playing.

You can be critical and still like the product. Look at things like the Angry Video Game Nerd as an example. People will go out and play/replay things just because you're giving attention to them, positive or negative. Don't rule it out, all the biggest Let's Players are angry or parodying anger, like Game Grumps. Don't be afraid to call a feature crap when you're playing.

Ah, I see what you mean now, the way I intially read it sounded like you wanted me to just full out hate on the game lol. But ya, I'm beginning to experiment more with how things are presented in the episodes. Thanks for the feedback BTW!

Don't be pure negativity. Be balanced. "On one hand, I really like Space Combat. It makes me feel nostalgic for Star Fox. On the other hand, how am I supposed to dodge these laserz?"

"On one hand, PVP can be great. When there is a close battle and we win or lose by an inch, it's usually pretty fun. On the other hand, I don't like the mechanics of Bolster, because obviously everybody should be wearing the exact same armor and have the exact same skills. You know, to make things even."

"I really loved running through the Agent's storyline, but... was there supposed to be something important about the Bounty Hunter that I missed?"

"This lightsaber is really cool, and it's great fun using two of them to pulverize my enemies. But I really want to use the double bladed one, because Darth Maul."

... Sorry, I got a little carried away. But you get my point.

Bounty hunter contract week. Played on the test server. Full voice acting going to be sweet :D

I havent tired out he PTS yet, but you definitely made me want to, I didnt know there was going to be full voice acting with it, and I kind of want to see some of the new gear and stuff that is being released.

Has anyone gone throught the new FP's yet? If so, how are they?

I havent tired out he PTS yet, but you definitely made me want to, I didnt know there was going to be full voice acting with it, and I kind of want to see some of the new gear and stuff that is being released.

Has anyone gone throught the new FP's yet? If so, how are they?

I've played through both. Light on story, fast but fun. Role neutral group finder is nice. My only complaint is they nerfed the rewards in story modes to basic comms.

I'm not sure what is coming that I should be excited about. There's so much secrecy around this game that you'd be better off asking me what excites me about the stock market next week. I'd say the PvP update, but...they blew their last "massive" update with Ilum (January this year) so my expectations of that update are VERY VERY low. I expect 2.4 to be far less than it could be, and far less than it needs to be.

I'm not trying to be a spoil sport, but I'm not fond of pretending I'm excited about...nothing. It's all speculation. If we had some details or facts that were teases, I'd be happy to share my "excitement"...but right now, we know nothing concrete about the future of the game (past 2.3 because it's on PTS).

I'm not sure what is coming that I should be excited about. There's so much secrecy around this game that you'd be better off asking me what excites me about the stock market next week. I'd say the PvP update, but...they blew their last "massive" update with Ilum (January this year) so my expectations of that update are VERY VERY low. I expect 2.4 to be far less than it could be, and far less than it needs to be.

I'm not trying to be a spoil sport, but I'm not fond of pretending I'm excited about...nothing. It's all speculation. If we had some details or facts that were teases, I'd be happy to share my "excitement"...but right now, we know nothing concrete about the future of the game (past 2.3 because it's on PTS).

Well all the new stuff they are releasing with the newest update... the bounty contract event, new FP's, new daily missions, the announcement of a new companion... there is a lot of things coming up. Some things have been kept secret, but we know a lot of content is coming our way soon.

Well all the new stuff they are releasing with the newest update... the bounty contract event, new FP's, new daily missions, the announcement of a new companion... there is a lot of things coming up. Some things have been kept secret, but we know a lot of content is coming our way soon.

The new event could be good - I hope it is.

New FPs are great, I'm pleased about those.

The new companion is a joke though - I don't use the 6-7 I have now...another doesn't enhance anything in the game for me.

More "daily" missions to add to the ones I don't do now...fun?!

There's just not much that "excites" me coming.

The new event could be good - I hope it is.

New FPs are great, I'm pleased about those.

The new companion is a joke though - I don't use the 6-7 I have now...another doesn't enhance anything in the game for me.

More "daily" missions to add to the ones I don't do now...fun?!

There's just not much that "excites" me coming.

I havent played the PTS yet, was kind of companion is it? Another RDPS?

I'm excited about most things BW announce but not to dampen this thread but having to progress through to same OP 3 times for 3 different type of gear with very little change quickly dissolves alot of my excitement.

I completely agree, I have played a lot of MMO's, and have been playing this game since launch, and I really hope someday they can come up with a way to make the experience different for multiple playthroughs. The only way this has really been successfully accomplished in the past would be to make the story different for each class. I was hoping that GW2 would be able to resolve that issue with dynamic missions... which is what SWTOR is calling some of the new content in the upcoming patch, which would resolve the issue, but only if they were truly dynamic, and not partially or what I call 'pre-determined' dynamic events and missions.