SAVE TORparse!

deceptweb

Bioware,

Effective July 27th, 2013, torparse.com will be shutting down. The owner is looking to pass the project on to a dedicated team. I implore you to keep torparse alive! There is no other log parser or combat meter that matches torparses functionality. Without this tool players will lose their easiest method of testing their theorycrafting and that will alienate a large chunk of your mmo's population.

Besides being able to easily share it online, there actually is. ACT. Shows graphs and charts, and iirc group sync ability. That being said, I'm hoping KBN or DS will be able to do something.

Also...don't expect BW to actually do this. The combat logs they have us are barely useable.

With the sudden extra attention to class detail, and this being one of the tools that generates the best information for comparables, I hope they'd put forth some effort to get this done. All we can do is ask, the worst they can do is say no, or just ignore us.

With the sudden extra attention to class detail, and this being one of the tools that generates the best information for comparables, I hope they'd put forth some effort to get this done. All we can do is ask, the worst they can do is say no, or just ignore us.

A large chunk of players will be alienated if their favorite 3rd party parser is not taken on by BioWare? Are you going to be angry at BW for ignoring you if this parser goes away?

I am seriously asking. Not trolling you.

i am one of the admins on Torparse website.

usually there is 400-1000 users connected to it in real time using this tool for OPS and single play.

I have convinced most of my guild to use it.

I used to it improve people performance and enjoyment of the game thanks to looking thru logs, comparing it to best guys in their class now even knowing their class.

Ever since James announced end of this project, i am really feeling down as torparse is such a big part of what makes me enjoy SWTOR to its full potential.

It helps my guild to progress thru the content.

it helps my guild mates to enjoy the game more (thanks to me helping them play better)

it helps me to try play better so i can improve my rankings for each boss

if Torparse is gone, i am not sure how much i will enjoy SWTOR. Will i find OPS as exciting as now. if we struglle in a boss fight i can check what killed our tank, why do we can't beat enrage, where some of our DPSes not doing enough for us to beat that boss and use all that to help everyone to enjoy it.

I am not playing in hardcore guild with top players. i do have to worry about DPS/Heal/Tanks. If i have no way to know why we banging our heads at a boss then i might loose joy of doing opses and as a result i will cancel mu sub and go to other games where i might be able to get that.

I love how i don't have to use addons to defeat bosses. Using graphical cues for boss skills and abilities are just awesome. So so much better then WoW. But without knowing what other people doing wrong in the group and how to help them to play better - this game will quickly be dead for me.

I DO HOPE TORPARSE will get thru it and will grow and will be even better then it is now.

Edited by Macio

usually there is 400-1000 users connected to it in real time using this tool for OPS and single play.

I used to it improve people performance and enjoyment of the game thanks to looking thru logs, comparing it to best guys in their class now even knowing their class.

Ever since James announced end of this project, i am really feeling down as torparse is such a big part of what makes me enjoy SWTOR to its full potential.

it helps my guild mates to enjoy the game more (thanks to me helping them play better)

if Torparse is gone, i am not sure how much i will enjoy SWTOR. Will i find OPS as exciting as now. if we struglle in a boss fight i can check what killed our tank, why do we can't beat enrage, where some of our DPSes not doing enough for us to beat that boss and use all that to help everyone to enjoy it.

I am not playing in hardcore guild with top players. i do have to worry about DPS/Heal/Tanks. If i have no way to know why we banging our heads at a boss then i might loose joy of doing opses and as a result i will cancel mu sub and go to other games where i might be able to get that.

I love how i don't have to use addons to defeat bosses. Using graphical cues for boss skills and abilities are just awesome. So so much better then WoW. But without knowing what other people doing wrong in the group and how to help them to play better - this game will quickly be dead for me.

I DO HOPE TORPARSE will get thru it and will grow and will be even better then it is now.

Cool. Well, good luck gents.

To be fair, a lot of hardcore WoW guilds don't us DeadlyBossMod for mechanics, it's a learning crutch for newer players who don't learn mechanics or cut their teeth on the PTR. Most people go on the graphic cues or boss dialogue alone

Bioware,

Effective July 27th, 2013, torparse.com will be shutting down. The owner is looking to pass the project on to a dedicated team. I implore you to keep torparse alive! There is no other log parser or combat meter that matches torparses functionality. Without this tool players will lose their easiest method of testing their theorycrafting and that will alienate a large chunk of your mmo's population.

I seriously doubt BWEA gives a hoot about "theorcrafting," nor should they. If people want to obsessively min-max on their own dime, they are free to do so.

If you want so badly for it to survive, you take it over.

A large chunk of players will be alienated if their favorite 3rd party parser is not taken on by BioWare? Are you going to be angry at BW for ignoring you if this parser goes away?

I am seriously asking. Not trolling you.

Not angry at Bioware, as it's not their product, but without them having anything of the sort in game, like most other MMOs, it would definitely be a huge loss for the community.

I seriously doubt BWEA gives a hoot about "theorcrafting," nor should they. If people want to obsessively min-max on their own dime, they are free to do so.

If you want so badly for it to survive, you take it over.

This isn't crying or an angry rant, it's simply a way of getting the information into the hands of people who may be able to continue this great tool. If bioware doesn't care, they don't care, but it doesn't hurt to ask? At the very least someone else may see this and offer to take it over, thus keeping the site running.

Edited by deceptweb

Yes it appears that parsers, databases and such are on the decline for this game....just as the game itself appears to be on the decline.

Askmrrobot's Combat Log Parser was shut down a while back. If you shut down Torparse, what will we be able to view our combat logs with?

Also databases like swtor-spy, darth hater and torhead aren't being updated anymore. It's getting harder and harder to find relevant information for this game each day. Also there is no wiki site for this game for some reason.

G2W had a fully functional wiki site even before the game was launched and it's continually being updated by dozens of administrators. Does anyone care about this game enough to make a wiki site for it?

This isn't crying or an angry rant, it's simply a way of getting the information into the hands of people who may be able to continue this great tool. If bioware doesn't care, they don't care, but it doesn't hurt to ask? At the very least someone else may see this and offer to take it over, thus keeping the site running.

And I suggested if it's that important to you, you do it. I'm not suggesting its use be forbidden.

It is time to implement the.....ta da da daaaaa.......CARTEL PARSER!

The Cartel Parser can be unlocked for 5000 Cartel Coins for each character. For those that don't want to spend CCs on such a feature, they can purchase it with 100.000 million credits after reaching Legacy 55, when more Legacy levels will be implemented in 2020.

Stroke of genius.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

And I suggested if it's that important to you, you do it. I'm not suggesting its use be forbidden.

It's not that simple, I don't have the knowledge or the funding to support taking over the project, hence making the post in the first place.

It's not that simple, I don't have the knowledge or the funding to support taking over the project, hence making the post in the first place.

OK, so it's important to you in that you want someone else to do the heavy lifting so you can get the benefit, but not so important that you'll do it yourself.

Gotcha.

OK, so it's important to you in that you want someone else to do the heavy lifting so you can get the benefit, but not so important that you'll do it yourself.

Gotcha.

Thanks for bumping the thread. Stay classy.

Gotcha.

Honestly - you probably never used it and you don't need it. However there are some that care about it and would like this to continue but as already mentioned, it is not that easy to do so.

You need to have programming skills to push it forward, you need to have some money to keep the site funded (hosting and bandwidth cost). Even if someone would agree to host it as it is, it could be good enough but there are few things that would be great to have it fixed.

I would love to have the skills and money to do it, but sadly i don't. I wanted to get involved and became forum admin to help improve it. That's the best i could do for it.

If you don't care for this project then please stop posting comments like one above as those kind of posts do nothing to this thread. We already getting your message laud and clear: I don't care - so lets just troll ....

Honestly - you probably never used it and you don't need it.

No, I never have used and never would use such a tool. I don't care if you use it since it does not affect me.

However there are some that care about it and would like this to continue but as already mentioned, it is not that easy to do so.

So, again, they want it, as long as others do the heavy lifting. That's more than clear.

If you don't care for this project then please stop posting comments like one above as those kind of posts do nothing to this thread. We already getting your message laud and clear: I don't care - so lets just troll ....

Post in an open public forum, invite comments, even from, <gasp>, those who are not 100% in line with your position.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I agree that Torparse is very important to the SWTOR community and it would be a crying shame if it is discontinued. Yes, there are other parses, Torparse desktop parser web based parser are is the easiest to use and most detailed that I have found.

Fortunately, it looks like someone has offered to take on the project, so hopefully everything works out with that. No guarantee at this point.

If you don't use it, great for you, I don't understand why you're even posting in this thread and arguing about it.

Also, not everyone who care about this program has the skills or time to take it on themselves. It actually takes some programming and web design knowledge. If everyone could do it easily, we'd all just be creating our own parser for personal use.

Edited by chuixupu

As an progression raider and someone who enjoys playing all of the classes, I definitely understand the desire for a parser, but I can't believe this many people are surprised that torparse is going down. It's written in ActionScript or something, has no data integrity whatsoever, and the reporting is lacking. I'm surprised the SW:TOR community never picked up on ACT. It's also surprising how many people I run into that have no idea you can view MoX parses on the website to get at least some depth of raid data.