Request for the developers

Machine-Elf

Well I've had an exceedingly hard time in doing so, and I don't think I'm all that stupid. I may need a second opinion on that though...

The issue is that yes, those breadcrumbs are laid out, but only provided you do every single side-quest in the game (an exceedingly time-consuming task that is obviously not intended to be force-fed upon the player). For example, there is a quest on Belsavis in which you rescue the Dreadmasters. As you make your way further into the planet, NPCs will refer to this event, even if you hadn't picked it up. In other words it is possible, even likely, for players to experience a somewhat jarring situation where they're told about events they never took part in and characters they never met under the assumption that they have first-hand knowledge of these matters.

This is just a small example of how the current quest-system can often break the rhythm of the story and make it less accessible (the addition of group-finder worked to exacerbate this problem even further, but that's an entirely separate issue).

Your reference is poor... Because the quest of which you speak, is the PLANET STORY for Imperial characters on Belsavis... It's not some random quest you pick up from a random NPC.

Basically... it is very possible to do exactly what you are asking for, if you were to do just the Planet Questline for each planet and your Class Story. If you do it the way they lead you through, the missions will actually be quite close to each other on the planets also.

The game (imho) leads you through the story pretty well.

I'll give you an example of how continuity is jumbled and not nearly as cut and dry as you might think it is: did you know the events that take place in the Black Hole dailies are AFTER the Karagga's Palace, Explosive Conflict, and possibly even then Scum and Villainy Operations?

Take a look at this video, right around the 1:00 mark:

Now that you've seen it for yourself, I'm sure you'll agree with me that the General's line concerning the problems in Hutt Space and Denova would make very little sense for a player who had not yet run those Operations.

That video gives no proof of when they occur in the timeline. It references Darth Marr and Hutt space...that's about it. I'd have to check when BH and KP / EC were released. But no...I don't agree for what you're asking. Many players can't or won't run Operations. And the only operations to really start continuing story are EC TFB and S/V, which have little to know importance with Bh / SX (on a player level).

That video gives no proof of when they occur in the timeline. It references Darth Marr and Hutt space...that's about it. I'd have to check when BH and KP / EC were released. But no...I don't agree for what you're asking. Many players can't or won't run Operations. And the only operations to really start continuing story are EC TFB and S/V, which have little to know importance with Bh / SX (on a player level).

Again. It'd be OPTIONAL.:rolleyes:

That video gives no proof of when they occur in the timeline. It references Darth Marr and Hutt space...that's about it. .

It references "problems in Hutt Space and Denova', which is at the very least an obvious reference to the Karagga's Palace and Explosive Conflict operations. So yeah, we can prove that the Black Hole crisis takes place after those two events based on that alone.

But that's not the point. The point is that a player who has yet to run any of these Operations (MOST players) will have no frame of reference for what the General is going on about.