What is this Jawa Spam thing?[Inq Spoilers]

Julius_Caesar

Last night, I made, what might be considered a mistake. I went to Drommund Kaas so I could see my wondeful master Darth Zash. Darth Zash reveled to me her real, even more beautiful, face she had been hiding for 32 levels. Then she tried to eat my soul. However, while I was fighting my master to the death, in General Chat, everyone was spamming a bunch of Jawa stuff.

It isn't like while Darth Vader fought Obi'wan, a chorus droids were in the background saying a bunch of Jawa references.

What is this new Jawa Spam, and how can I stop it from ruining my SWTOR experience, and ultimately causing me to start a genocide of short hooded people?

Edited by Julius_Caesar
spoilers

Might be worth adding [inquisitor Spoilers] to the title seeing as you referenced a pretty major plotpoint in your post.

I think you might be talking about Jawagrams. They come in the Cartel Packs, so no, BW won't change the way they work.

Definitely think you need a spoiler tag, luckily I've completed that part of the SI story.

Onto the Jawa stuff, you say they are spamming Jawa stuff in the chatlog? I don't recall jawa-grams doing that, but at least you don't have to put up with people spamming Hodor on TOFN fleet chat.

Last night, I made, what might be considered a mistake. I went to Drommund Kaas so I could see my wondeful master Darth Zash. Darth Zash reveled to me her real, even more beautiful, face she had been hiding for 32 levels. Then she tried to eat my soul. However, while I was fighting my master to the death, in General Chat, everyone was spamming a bunch of Jawa stuff. It isn't like while Darth Vader fought Obi'wan, a chorus droids was in the background saying a bunch of Jawa references.

What is this new Jawa Spam, and how can I stop it from ruining my SWTOR experience, and ultimately causing me to start a genocide of short hooded people?

Hey, Julius, you haven't seen anything yet. It's worse on the weekends because everybody has their all-time "favorite Jawa Parody" movie. "gone with the Jawa" etc.... One of two things: either "ignore gen chat" or just put them all on your ignore list.

Edited by IslanderRebel

It happens on starter planets, one person starts it & everyone picks up on it (I've done it myself a few times)

Ex. Raiders of the lost jawa

The jawa strikes back

Transformers rise of the jawa

Snow White & the seven jawas

Lol just lighten up & ignore it....U rarely see it after Tython on rep & after DK on imp.

This is the first time you've seen this? It's been around in swtor for about, ahhhh.......18 months. As another posted said, turn off general chat, it works wonders.

....Revenge of the Jawas

....Last jawa in Paris

....Saving Private jawa....

Two easy options here...

1. Turn General Chat off. I highly recommend this one, its the first thing I do when I create a toon and it works WONDERS.

2. Hide your chat box in cutscenes. I do this as well, always in class and only on planet missions I have an interest in. Also does wonders.

• 3 weeks later...