Cross healing is ridiculous

waterboytkd

What in the world are you talking about?

I made exactly the same amount of sense in that post as the idea of debuffing healers healing.

Ask to remove taunt or guard from tanks.

If you pvp and your measure of a good player is only based on dps you are a meme and will always struggle with the team concept.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, no. Right on all counts bro.

Trying to argue that marauders are "squishy" is pretty amusing tho. They are close to the top of the list in survivability to damage ratio. There is only 1 spec that out does it and it's a jug spec. Bad marauders who can't push their defensive cool down buttons at the appropriate time are squishy.

no...

You haven't played enough of the boredom of 3 cross healing healers at a node that neither side can take for 10+ minutes straight yet. Doesn't even take a talented healer to do it either.

I had one last night with 2 crappy sage healers and a scoundrel - two puddles with cross healing and scoundrel DoT = nobody dies, even with repeated 8-9k hits on them (I hit 850k damage that fight repeatedly zerging ONE node). We even focus fired them, and were lucky to get a few kills off. Funniest part? It was pub v pub, and our side had no healers. We won from taking the other nodes - we had about 200 deaths, they had about 15. If that team didn't suck at objectives, they should have lolrolled us.

Even the healers know it's boring. True it's luck of the draw, but it's not fun for either side really.

If you're going to quote random pug games, then I've had a plenty of games where we dominated the enemy team ready with at least 2 healers, without a single healer for our side.

But then you're going to refute "that's because the enemy team with the healers sucked!.

...and to that, I would say, "Exactly. That's what you and your teammates were doing in that game."

If the game becomes boring, or your side keeps losing, then there can be very many reasons for it -- and none of it involves the system. It's the human factor which makes stuff happen or not happen, and in your case, clearly none of your team had anything to "make it happen". :rolleyes:

Just did a match...over 900k damage (not AoE spec either, all targeted), only 3 kills and 1 death. Thankfully I had a good healer on my team, too...

Matches without deaths are just not that fun.

Ive been saying this for months and months, and finally at least some ppl start to Wake up. Thats good

Make soemthing called Kolto poisoning if you overdo kolto healing. The poisoning makes any more use of Kolto without effect. Would make some premade players start to earn skills, not just do kamikaze runs with 2-3 healers backing them up.

Problem Fixed,

If the game becomes boring, or your side keeps losing, then there can be very many reasons for it -- and none of it involves the system. It's the human factor which makes stuff happen or not happen, and in your case, clearly none of your team had anything to "make it happen". :rolleyes:

I say, good day sir, good day!

Ive been saying this for months and months, and finally at least some ppl start to Wake up. Thats good

Make soemthing called Kolto poisoning if you overdo kolto healing. The poisoning makes any more use of Kolto without effect. Would make some premade players start to earn skills, not just do kamikaze runs with 2-3 healers backing them up.

Problem Fixed,

You can OD on Kolto?!?!

Yes would be good if you could

It would mean some ppl had to earn real pvp skills.

Actually I thought it was a clever idea, however, in the team concept that is PvP you have 4 real points to factor into play. Damage, Healing Objectives and Defense.

The POINT of damage is to kill the enemy as quickly as possible.

The POINT of Healing is to NOT let the enemy kill you or your team AT ALL!

Objectives have to be gained in order to WIN a WZ

And defending those objectives secures the victory.

SO tell me where in PvP is it ALL about DPS? "I did 700k damage" "I did 900k damage" I did 1.2mil damage"

That tells me either you focused on a non healer so that you could boost those numbers or the Healer was fullfilling his obligations to the team.

Would a WZ be better like this

Damage done 400k Kills 86 Deaths 72 Healing 0 ObjPoints 500 medals 6 For everyone in the WZ?

Edited by Tragamite

i just had a thought...

expertise offensive and defensive bonuses cancel out on equally geared players.

so DPS player A attacks healer B. they both have max expertise. player A's offensive bonus is cancelled out by player B's defense bonus; so damage is unchanged.

healing however is not dependent on player As expertise; player B gains ~14% healing regardless of anything player A can do.

i think that may be one of the roots of the problems here. healing benefits much, much more from expertise than damage. damage basically has no gain in an equal gear fight, whereas healing has a ~14% increase (which is the most it has ever been to this point in the game).

trauma exists b/c PvP healing doesnt need the same kind of healing volume that you need in PvE. expertise currently negates about 50% of trauma's effect. at launch, expertise would negate ~33% of trauma's effect (a net -20% healing change). balance was arguably better (from a TTK perspective) back pre 1.2.

the balance between trauma, expertise, and healing has been disrupted. trauma existed for a reason, and as its effect has been negated more and more over time (expertise has increased), healing becomes better and better.

just food for thought.

Also keep in mind that damage is offset by armor rating. That is, whenever new gear is released, Bioware always ups the damage stats, main stats and armor rating. Internal resistance is never changed. This means that heals and internal damage abilities always increase in strength at a rate faster than kinetic damage types. Edited by JackNader

healer fights is like soccer ending in a 0-0 score

true. but it's funny how many healing classes die to healers....of the same class. christ. cleanse and cast a heal every once in a while. noway you should die to hammer shot. lol

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done with the current matchmaking system. Just like a big group of dps wipes the floor with everything, a group of healers prevents anything from dying. The thing is, we can MAKE it better by respeccing in warzones to balanced teams. One tank, two healers, five dps. This would make things better, in my opinion.

I agree, i had one match on sunday where one side had 6 sages and the other side 6 sorcs all were healers the dpsers obvously couldnt kill anyone and the sage, sorc did what they could to dps.

The issue is that there is no cross server pvp que, there has to be one to make a better matchmaking system work and to make que times quicker. on my server the average wait time as it is, is 8 -10 min for non ranked, and 45 min - 80 min for ranked if you are lucky and on at the right time of day.

the excuse that its to hard is really or rather should not be acceptable.

The redicilous heals are just over the top in this game. No other MMO has ever had this HUGE heals, Instaheals from 1% Health to 100% in 1 Sec.

You need to form some kind of limit of how much heals a player can abosrb in a limited time. All healing over that are without effect. That would bring out more tactial skills from players and more intresting pvp.

Today most players does kamikaze runs with 2 healers backing them up. Without them they would have died instantly. And u cant attack the healers either since they just force bubble or instaheal themselves. You need Voice over internet in order to focus fire, i.e. you have to be a premade team to succeed.

Better that ther would be Kolto overdose that limits how much heals a player can get, so we can have a more intresting and tactical pvp going , rather than this mess.

i just had a thought...

so DPS player A attacks healer B. they both have max expertise. player A's offensive bonus is cancelled out by player B's defense bonus; so damage is unchanged.

healing however is not dependent on player As expertise; player B gains ~14% healing regardless of anything player A can do.

i think that may be one of the roots of the problems here. healing benefits much, much more from expertise than damage. damage basically has no gain in an equal gear fight, whereas healing has a ~14% increase (which is the most it has ever been to this point in the game).

trauma exists b/c PvP healing doesnt need the same kind of healing volume that you need in PvE. expertise currently negates about 50% of trauma's effect. at launch, expertise would negate ~33% of trauma's effect (a net -20% healing change). balance was arguably better (from a TTK perspective) back pre 1.2.

the balance between trauma, expertise, and healing has been disrupted. trauma existed for a reason, and as its effect has been negated more and more over time (expertise has increased), healing becomes better and better.

just food for thought.

I think you're on to something. Buff Trauma?

i just had a thought...

just food for thought.

1.trauma is reducing healing for 30%

2.damage bonus is 1/5 higher then damage reduction.

3.2 classes can futher reduce healing recieved by anotehr 20%

4.balance is right, DDs are not using optimal rotation and specs - can't blame healer for that

i just had a thought...

Offensive and defensive bonuses do not cancel each other out. Damage dealt increase for 2018 expertise is 60%. Damage taken reduction is 37.5%.

The redicilous heals are just over the top in this game. No other MMO has ever had this HUGE heals, Instaheals from 1% Health to 100% in 1 Sec.

Erm.... WoW, Rift and we can add Aion. Would you care to tell me which instaheal can heal someone from 1% to full in 1 second please?

There are a lot of bad DPS players in normal WZs which is why some healers seem immortal.

Edited by Darkshadz

There are a lot of bad DPS players in normal WZs which is why some healers seem immortal.

^

This.

Healers specs (and smasher specs too, for this effect) are extremely difficult to play and that's why bad players never play them. Consequently, healers (and smashers too) are mainly in the hands of very-high-skill-elite-pro-gamers like me and that's why they seem OP. But they're not, of course.

Edited by Cretinus

you forgot to mention heals output is more than dps output

therefore cross damage isn't on the same level as cross healing

buuuuuut nevermind

you forgot to mention that 2 healers have to account for the damage of about 5-6 DPS players